Author Topic: Any fans of Jabari Bird and Kadeem Allen left?  (Read 2459 times)

Re: Any fans of Jabari Bird and Kadeem Allen left?
« Reply #15 on: February 06, 2018, 08:44:40 AM »

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1254
Hey this is fun. Kadeem Allen was named G League player of the week after a 46 point game. It's something

It's kind of funny that a player in the G league can score 46 points but when he shoots in an actual NBA game he barely even can hit the backboard.
As I was writing that I noticed James Young had a 28 point game and thought "Oh no"

« Reply #16 on: February 06, 2018, 08:45:56 AM »

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman
I tried to write a thread once trying to rank the competitiveness of the basketball leagues.

Like how does the ACC stack up to the D League vs the Greek League vs the Chinese League.

I don't think that thread caught on

« Reply #17 on: February 06, 2018, 08:58:58 AM »

Offline manl_lui

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 427
I just wanted a thread to keep an eye on them.

To me these are two more reasons Smart is more expendable.

https://www.celticsblog.com/2018/2/2/16966616/kadeem-allen-and-jabari-bird-named-to-midseason-all-g-league-team-boston-celtics

On the other hand James Young was also named to the All D League team so.....
Nader was like D-league MVP, a coach in the D-league once said that Young was the best D-leaguer he'd seen in 8 years.

The D-league doesnt matter
You are absolutely right that when you look at the list of all D Leaguers the list is very sparse on players that made good contributions in the NBA.  But I wouldn't go so far as to say it doesn't matter.

For example there are some D Leaguers that never even were all league D Leaguers like Jeremy Lin.

We could get lucky and they could be seen as assets useful in a trade.

and Hassan Whiteside, isn't he from the D league as well? drafted by the Kings but didn't play any meaningful minutes until the Heats picked him up?

« Reply #18 on: March 24, 2018, 01:43:38 PM »

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman
I'm beginning to think Kadeem and Jabari don't practice well or are having a hard time learning what Brad is trying to teach them because we have Irving, Smart, and Jaylen out, and Nader and Semi aren't playing that well but they still haven't gotten any playing time despite being G League all stars, and in fact they signed someone else for a ten day contract.

I assume they won't be around next year.

« Reply #19 on: March 24, 2018, 02:02:26 PM »

Offline mgent

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 1962
I've been a big time Shane Larkin hater all year, but for the past couple weeks I would challenge to fight anybody who even came close to thinking, "bench this guy for one of the rookies."
Philly:

Anderson Varejao    Tiago Splitter    Matt Bonner
David West    Kenyon Martin    Brad Miller
Andre Iguodala    Josh Childress    Marquis Daniels
Dwyane Wade    Leandro Barbosa
Kirk Hinrich    Toney Douglas   + the legendary Kevin McHale

« Reply #20 on: March 24, 2018, 02:25:33 PM »

Offline tstorey_97

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 586
Yabusele went from France to China to G league to a starting role with one of the greatest franchises in sports history.

He lit up the Blazers for 5 points last night showing everyone his G league heritage.
The number of minutes this kid is getting on a title contender is a reflection of the developmental prowess being delivered by the G league.

The G league consists of a lot of guys rushing up the court on offense and taking a three, then, rushing back on defense and watching while the opposing team rushes up the court and takes a three. My guess is it is a "holding scheme" for guys teams don't want to assign to euro. If it isn't? just what the heck is it then?

« Reply #21 on: March 24, 2018, 02:38:34 PM »

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman
Yabusele went from France to China to G league to a starting role with one of the greatest franchises in sports history.

He lit up the Blazers for 5 points last night showing everyone his G league heritage.
The number of minutes this kid is getting on a title contender is a reflection of the developmental prowess being delivered by the G league.

The G league consists of a lot of guys rushing up the court on offense and taking a three, then, rushing back on defense and watching while the opposing team rushes up the court and takes a three. My guess is it is a "holding scheme" for guys teams don't want to assign to euro. If it isn't? just what the heck is it then?
Well it's a lot easier to call up someone from Maine than France and keep tabs on them. Avery Bradley, for example did well in Maine