Author Topic: Trailblazers (29-23) at Celtics (38-15) Game #53 2/4/18  (Read 25034 times)

Re: Trailblazers (29-23) at Celtics (38-15) Game #53 2/4/18
« Reply #315 on: February 04, 2018, 03:10:57 PM »

Offline colincb

• NCE
  • Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 501
A comment from the other side:

I sat down to a huge breakfast as the game came on, fired down a few cups of coffee, and really enjoyed the first 2.5 quarters. Then as I watched the Blazers fumble the lead (and eventually the game) away, I could only sit there and think of how fired up Boston sports fans must be about Tatum and Brown. It’s too bad Boston sports only enjoys about 90% success. They’re so close to gobbling up other 10%.

Nice. Really am enjoying the development of Brown and Tatum.

« Reply #316 on: February 04, 2018, 03:14:34 PM »

Offline chiken Green

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 75
Loved this game..

Yes AL was masterful and Man watching the J's was so fun for stretches... With that said..

Huge game for Rozier... The biggest of the 3 in my opinion..   He had a super tough matchup with No backup point guard, against a tough team who was looking for redemption after getting blasted in their last game... 

Terry only had 1 Turnover for the game and down the stretch, in a tough game, he was there making plays... The Moxy this kid plays with is incredible...

Rozier is a quality starter in this league.. If nothing else he has proven that..   We are lucky to have him.

« Reply #317 on: February 04, 2018, 03:34:45 PM »

Offline mctyson

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 372
"Horford isn't worth his contract"  ;D ;D ;D

Best win of the season given the circumstances!!

Houston was best win of the year.  They were down 26 in that game.

« Reply #318 on: February 04, 2018, 03:42:44 PM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1294

I sat down to a huge breakfast as the game came on, fired down a few cups of coffee, and really enjoyed the first 2.5 quarters. Then as I watched the Blazers fumble the lead (and eventually the game) away, I could only sit there and think of how fired up Boston sports fans must be about Tatum and Brown. It’s too bad Boston sports only enjoys about 90% success. They’re so close to gobbling up other 10%.

May be my dumb day today... but what does this actually mean?!
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

« Reply #319 on: February 04, 2018, 03:53:11 PM »

Offline KGs Knee

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 1544

I assume the poster must be talking about Boston's dominance in all four major North American sports leagues.  Boston is the only city this millennium to win titles in all four.

« Reply #320 on: February 04, 2018, 03:58:50 PM »

Online liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 3150

« Reply #321 on: February 04, 2018, 03:59:22 PM »

Offline Ilikesports17

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 842

He was making a sarcastic comment about how successful Boston sports have been.

Basically saying we've been so successful that the bar is so high that even when having more success than anyone we still expect even more.
Quote from: George W. Bush
Too often, we judge other groups by their worst examples while judging ourselves by our best intentions.

« Reply #322 on: February 04, 2018, 04:01:02 PM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett

I assume the poster must be talking about Boston's dominance in all four major North American sports leagues.  Boston is the only city this millennium to win titles in all four.
I guess, but it's still kind of odd. The Bruins and the Sox haven't been all that great over the last several years.
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

« Reply #323 on: February 04, 2018, 04:03:07 PM »

Offline Jiri Welsch

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 349

I guess, but it's still kind of odd. The Bruins and the Sox haven't been all that great over the last several years.

Both have been playoff teams. The Bruins are one of the best in their Conference. The Red Sox won their division.

It may feel like disappointments, but to many cities those are very successful seasons.

« Reply #324 on: February 04, 2018, 04:04:49 PM »

Offline KGs Knee

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 1544

True.

And it also assumes every sports fan in the area actually roots for all four.  I don't even care about baseball, and I'm a Giants fan in football.  Only root for the Bruins and Celtics for Boston teams.

« Reply #325 on: February 04, 2018, 04:10:11 PM »

Offline Ilikesports17

• Don Nelson

thats his point, really.

The Red Sox win back to back AL East titles and we just brush it aside as a pretty mediocre season.

93 wins and a division championship in one of the tougher divisions in baseball is a let down for the 3rd best team in this city.
Too often, we judge other groups by their worst examples while judging ourselves by our best intentions.

« Reply #326 on: February 04, 2018, 04:13:17 PM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
I mean, the Bruins and the Red Sox are good this year, but they've been stuck in a rut for several years. The Red Sox in particular have been pretty putrid despite their bloated payroll. I mean, I understand we have it way above average, but I think 90% is pushing it a little bit.

I'll take a Superbowl, Stanley Cup, and NBA title this year, though. 75% is not as good as 90% but pretty close ;)

« Reply #327 on: February 04, 2018, 04:21:38 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2961
"Horford isn't worth his contract"  ;D ;D ;D

Best win of the season given the circumstances!!

Houston was best win of the year.  They were down 26 in that game.

yup , that was my favorite game of the season .....the last few mi utes were very very great.

« Reply #328 on: February 04, 2018, 04:22:12 PM »

Offline alley oop

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 30
Where’s the Al is overpaid thread???

That thread should be deleted from existence.  Whoever believes that leads me to question if they watch Al play.

And I'd vote to delete the "Any TR fan left?" thread too.

TBF Rozier didnt really play a good game. Good D and and great play at the end though.

and 6 reb; 5 ast; only 1 TO; and team leading +7   

« Reply #329 on: February 04, 2018, 04:24:16 PM »

Offline Ilikesports17

• Don Nelson
Where’s the Al is overpaid thread???

That thread should be deleted from existence.  Whoever believes that leads me to question if they watch Al play.

And I'd vote to delete the "Any TR fan left?" thread too.
No we need to keep that one up.

I have some classic comments in there.