Around the League > Transaction Ideas and Rumors

Idea: sell high on Rozier

(1/5) > >>

jbpats:
Just bored on a Saturday so don’t rip my head off at the notion of dumping everyone’s new favorite Celtic.

Proposal:
T. Rosé, Lakers pick and maaaybe the Grizzlies pick
For
Devin Booker

Why we do it?
Obvious answer we have Kyrie and need more scoring. He is also a good fit in terms of the  youth/vet ratio we have right now.

Why Phoenix does it?
They’re terrible, they’ll get a solid young starter in T. Rosé and two more near guaranteed lottery picks  over the next few years.

I also like the idea of Jalen coming off the bench, I think he’d be a helliva sixth man who covers multiple positions.

2018-19 starting 5:

Kyrie
Booker
Hayward
Tatum
Horford

Jiri Welsch:
(1) Suns would never do that
(2) Well-rounded teams need talented role players. There’s only one ball. A guy like Rozier who doesn’t need the ball in his hand all the time, is an incredible rebounder, and clearly well-liked is more valuable than he appears.
(3) As of now, the year Booker would be up for a new contract we’ll likely have to offer Jaylen Brown a max contract. The next year we’ll have to offer Tatum the same. We don’t have enough money!

KGs Knee:
I don't think that would be enough for the Suns to move Booker.

And I don't think Booker and Kyrie would be a particularly great match anyway. Booker has never played a lick of defense in his entire life, and is even more ball-dominant than Kyrie.

Kuberski33:
You can't say you're selling high till you know what his true potential is and we don't.  He's still improving - rapidly.

GRADYCOLNON:
Selling high would be this summer.  We need him right now.  We may not need him next season depending on what he's worth. 

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version