Author Topic: Philosophically and hypothetically how'd u think Belichick would deal with Smart  (Read 4712 times)

Offline Chris22

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 460
Belichick would trade him.

Offline ChillyWilly

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 620
Belichick would trade him.

He would have traded him last season before his value deflated to an alltime low.
ok fine

Offline GreenFaith1819

• NCE
  • Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 2785
I think Belichick would LOVE Marcus Smart.

He seems to love players who have a Lunch Pail mentality, pit bull game face....players that make things happen without filling up a Box Score.

He seems to love instigators, tough guys, physical defenders. That is Marcus Smart.

I think Bill would invite Marcus over for Christmas and Thanksgiving dinners and have him sitting next to him at his table.

Offline Chris22

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 460

He seems to love players who have a Lunch Pail mentality, pit bull game face....players that make things happen without filling up a Box Score.

He seems to love instigators, tough guys, physical defenders. That is Marcus Smart.

I think Bill would invite Marcus over for Christmas and Thanksgiving dinners and have him sitting next to him at his table.

Would he smoke pot with him?

Offline KGs Knee

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 1544

I really don't think Belichick would appreciate a player who hurt the team by missing games because he injured himself in a fit of rage.

That doesn't seem like Bill at all.

Offline GreenFaith1819

• NCE
  • Reggie Lewis

Would he smoke pot with him?

No but Bill would let him lick THE pot.

Marcus is a Belichick kind of guy. He's the Junk Yard Dog contrast to the Tom Brady Pagentry-Fest.

Offline GreenFaith1819

• NCE
  • Reggie Lewis
BB could've used Marcus last night.................

I'm certain that he would've batted some passes...gummed up PHI's offense some....made IMPACT plays.....

Offline KungPoweChicken

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 228
I'm much more interested in the "How would Brad Stevens have coached the Patriots defense in the Super Bowl?" question. My goodness did Belichick stink last night. Disgrace.

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1294
Marcus is a Belichick kind of guy. He's the Junk Yard Dog contrast to the Tom Brady Pagentry-Fest.
Yeah. Well, maybe Bill will stiff him on his contract and bench him in the most important game of the year even if he's one of the team's most important defenders...
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1254
BB could've used Marcus last night.................

I'm certain that he would've batted some passes...gummed up PHI's offense some....made IMPACT plays.....
I wonder if his hand would've allowed him to play. But it seems he couldn't have hurt

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman
Yeah. Well, maybe Bill will stiff him on his contract and bench him in the most important game of the year even if he's one of the team's most important defenders...
Yeah, I guess we got the answer to this last night.

I have to wonder if Brad just moved into "Best coach currently in Boston" territory

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman
So apparently there's just no answer. It's just Belichick being outcoached as far as anyone can tell

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/22323948/new-england-patriots-cb-eric-rowe-gets-start-malcolm-butler-super-bowl-lii

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman
When asked why the Pats might bench Butler Boomer speculated that off the field maybe he could have leaked significant information or maybe he was late for a team meeting. I suppose if a guy missed a meeting for no good reason or he was pretty late and then was late again that could matter.

On the field he speculated maybe for a few weeks in practice he wasn't doing what they were telling him to do. Then maybe he wised off about it.

Whatever happened it blindsided the player and probably a bunch of other players too and the entire media.

Offline tstorey_97

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 586
Not that complicated...

Smart would be a special teams captain...a starter gets hurt...Smart would make a big play in a big game and then...go back to special teams.

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2969
treasure him.