Author Topic: Brook Lopez  (Read 3272 times)

Re: Brook Lopez
« Reply #15 on: February 02, 2018, 12:01:23 PM »

Offline Androslav

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 528
The thought of Broke Lopez wearing Celtics green makes me ill.

How can you say no to Lopez and his 4 rpg.

How quickly they forget...
Don't you remember how much has he meant to this franchise!  :laugh:
"The joy of the balling under the rims."

« Reply #16 on: February 02, 2018, 12:15:36 PM »

Offline Monkhouse

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 814
  • A true Celtic plays with heart.
How can you say no to Lopez and his 4 rpg.

People keep bringing up his 3P% like it is anything impressive... He's shooting 31.5%, and 34% last year... Nothing spectactular, plus his defensive RPM has been extremely terrible this year... When you shoot over 4 3PA, your ability to box out for defensive boards or blocking is severely limited.
I'm not sure how shooting threes affects defensive rebounding...

Because he's shooting 3 point shot, instead of posting up or getting in the paint to grab a board..? Direction and location matters, and normally the farther you are away from the hoop, the less likely chances of grabbing the board is lessened? I don't get what you mean?
You said DEFENSIVE rebound. I assume you meant offensive?

Blah, lol. That is what I meant. Sorry, our office ran out of coffee.

Interesting enough in 2013, Brook Lopez actually had a very high rebounding rate.
The NBA struck a deal with Spor**** this offseason to put their three-dimensional optical tracking cameras in every arena in the league, hoping that teams can use the new information to their advantage. John Schuhmann of NBA.com looked at a few tidbits uncovered by the cameras last season, including some ways in which Brooklyn Nets center and much-maligned-for-rebounding-issues Brook Lopez was a more impressive rebounder than forward Reggie Evans, who set an NBA record for highest rebound percentage ever last season (min. 50 games).

According to Schuhmann, in 18 games under the watchful eyes of Spor**** cameras, Lopez actually grabbed 63% of all rebounds when he was in the vicinity of the ball, compared to just 62% for Evans. 54% of Lopez's rebounds were contested, while only 31% of Evans's were, and Lopez traveled more than 2 feet further on average to grab his rebounds

I guess his injuries have definitely taken a toll on him. While he has never had a high rebounding numbers, a lot of Brooklyn Nets forum members would always speak well about how he would box out to give other players more opportunities to get some freebies.

The Ringer also wrote about his lowered rebounding numbers and how it would be affected in the Laker's style of play.
Lopez’s 3-point surge did not come fully expensed by the basketball gods. The cost of this improvement was his bread and butter: his rebounding. Last season, as his deep shooting exploded to unforeseen heights, Lopez’s rebounding took a hit, declining by 2.4 total rebounds per game. Lopez’s 9.5 percent rebounding rate was the second lowest of his entire career, and it would have been good for only eighth-best on the Lakers last season.
"I bomb atomically, Socrates' philosophies and hypotheses
Can't define how I be dropping these mockeries."

Is the glass half-full or half-empty?
It's based on your perspective, quite simply
We're the same and we're not; know what I'm saying? Listen
Son, I ain't better than you, I just think different

« Reply #17 on: February 02, 2018, 12:17:45 PM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1294
Why the heck does the filter catch V U?
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

« Reply #18 on: February 02, 2018, 12:23:39 PM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1294
Interesting enough in 2013, Brook Lopez actually had a very high rebounding rate.
Lopez was pulling close to 8 rp36 over the first 5-6 seasons of his career, and his DRB% was pushing 20% (which, while not earth-shattering, is still very good).

My impression is injuries or no injuries, he kind of lost interest in doing the dirty work as his NBA career progressed. I can see how playing for the Nets might make you interested in just getting your own.
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."