Author Topic: Jaylen Brown is not in the dunk contest and Tatum is not in the 3 point contest.  (Read 2166 times)

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
They are empty rewards that do not mean as much because at least in the dunk contest stars do not enter it regularly or defend their titles.

Tatum could use the rest, I think.   Some games if seems as if the rookie wall is hitting him hard.

Offline hodgy03038

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 440
  • Marcus Smart #1 Fan
It 's not that big of a deal to me that J&J won't participate.

It is a shame that Fultz won't be participating in the skills challenge.
That would be prime time material.

That is cold, bro  ;)

Offline fairweatherfan

• Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 2365
  • Be the posts you wish to see in the world.
Yeah, that’s nonsense about Tatum. From a quick look I believe he is shooting a better percentage from beyond the arc than everyone in the contest outside of Klay, good enough for 7th in the league. And you can’t say it’s a “rookie thing” either, because I’m fairly certain that Booker competed his rookie year, too.

EDIT: Hell, the same can be said about Horford, too! Crazy.

Yes, your edit is who I think should be in it.  It’s always fun when they have a big in the contest.  Maybe he’ll get to be one of the bigs in the skill challenge race thing.

He is in the skills.  It'd be neat to see him in the 3 pter contest but I think his release is too slow to do well.

Online jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2929
Yeah, that’s nonsense about Tatum. From a quick look I believe he is shooting a better percentage from beyond the arc than everyone in the contest outside of Klay, good enough for 7th in the league. And you can’t say it’s a “rookie thing” either, because I’m fairly certain that Booker competed his rookie year, too.

EDIT: Hell, the same can be said about Horford, too! Crazy.

Yes, your edit is who I think should be in it.  It’s always fun when they have a big in the contest.  Maybe he’ll get to be one of the bigs in the skill challenge race thing.

He is in the skills.  It'd be neat to see him in the 3 pter contest but I think his release is too slow to do well.

Agree. He seems more like a catch and shoot guy than one who would thrive in that type of contest.

But it still makes no sense to me that Tatum, the 7th best percentage in the league on the best team in the East, isn’t in it.

Offline Androslav

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 528
It 's not that big of a deal to me that J&J won't participate.

It is a shame that Fultz won't be participating in the skills challenge.
That would be prime time material.

That is cold, bro  ;)
Give the people what they want! :)
Yea I came strong, but it was for the fun purposes.
I actually sympathize with him.
Still, it would be fascinating to see the hitch in front of the audience.
"The joy of the balling under the rims."