Author Topic: Jaylen Brown is not in the dunk contest and Tatum is not in the 3 point contest.  (Read 2158 times)

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 3150
They both should be in. Bummer!

Offline Jiri Welsch

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 349
Good. Rest up young studs!

Online bdm860

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 4586
Jaylen turned down an invitation for the dunk contest last year, so I wouldn't plan on ever seeing him in the dunk contest.

After 18 months with their Bigs, the Littles were: 46% less likely to use illegal drugs, 27% less likely to use alcohol, 52% less likely to skip school, 37% less likely to skip a class

Offline saltlover

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2619

They’ll both still be at All-Star weekend for the Rising Stars challenge.

Online rocknrollforyoursoul

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 325

This is my thinking. The more rest, the better.
"There are two kinds of people: those who say to God, 'Thy will be done,' and those to whom God says, 'All right, then, have it your way.'"

"You don't have a soul. You are a Soul. You have a body."

— C.S. Lewis

Offline TheisTheisBaby

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 32
Meh...Tatum I understand.  He's good at making 3's in games but his release is too slow for a contest.  Jaylen should be there though. 

Offline jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2906
Yeah, that’s nonsense about Tatum. From a quick look I believe he is shooting a better percentage from beyond the arc than everyone in the contest outside of Klay, good enough for 7th in the league. And you can’t say it’s a “rookie thing” either, because I’m fairly certain that Booker competed his rookie year, too.

EDIT: Hell, the same can be said about Horford, too! Crazy.

Offline rondofan1255

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 527
Meh...Tatum I understand.  He's good at making 3's in games but his release is too slow for a contest.  Jaylen should be there though.

I always thought that about PP and he somehow won it!

Offline saltlover

• Frank Ramsey
Yeah, that’s nonsense about Tatum. From a quick look I believe he is shooting a better percentage from beyond the arc than everyone in the contest outside of Klay, good enough for 7th in the league. And you can’t say it’s a “rookie thing” either, because I’m fairly certain that Booker competed his rookie year, too.

Yes, your edit is who I think should be in it.  It’s always fun when they have a big in the contest.  Maybe he’ll get to be one of the bigs in the skill challenge race thing.

Offline cons

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 103

Offline tarheelsxxiii

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1389

Yes, your edit is who I think should be in it.  It’s always fun when they have a big in the contest.  Maybe he’ll get to be one of the bigs in the skill challenge race thing.

I think he, Embiid, and Zinger are
The Tarstradamus Group, LLC

Offline saltlover

• Frank Ramsey

I think he, Embiid, and Zinger are

Hopefully he brings home the title!  Keep that winning streak alive for the bigs.

Offline RockinRyA

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 699

Horford doesnt seem like a 3 pt shootout player to me. Remember the contest they had earlier in the season? He barely finished his shots.

Offline tarheelsxxiii

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1389
Klay is shooting a career best 45% on over 7 attempts per game.  That's insane. 

Dunk contest should be good with Gordon returning, Nance Jr., and DSJ
The Tarstradamus Group, LLC

Offline Androslav

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 528
It 's not that big of a deal to me that J&J won't participate.

It is a shame that Fultz won't be participating in the skills challenge.
That would be prime time material.
"The joy of the balling under the rims."