Author Topic: Ainge Needs To Get Creative & KEEP The 2018 Boston First Rounder  (Read 10012 times)

Re: Ainge Needs To Get Creative & KEEP The 2018 Boston First Rounder
« Reply #75 on: February 04, 2018, 08:45:43 AM »

Offline Eddie20

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 975
No, Ainge does not need to get creative to keep the pick.  I hope he trades it to help us out this year or next year with a veteran player.

This team does not need any more young projects.  We are going into championship mode and need a rotation of veterans.

I find the premise of this thread completely ridiculous.  We have a win now team and we need to take advantage of that and make win now moves.
Yup.  In fact, even if Ainge cannot trade the pick for Evans or someone else, I’d prefer he just sell it for cash than to actually draft someone.  Don’t want the pick at all regardless of if we get the laker pick or not.
Wow, this is the worst take I've seen on Celtics Blog yet. Sell a first round pick? Thats what garbage franchises do.
didn't Ainge kind of do this already? That late 1st (deyonta Davis) was traded for like a heavily protected 2nd rounder in like 20 years lol.

Yeah we had like 8 picks that year too. Good times  ;D

(Although the Yabusele and Zizic selections absolutely puzzled me at the time)
He had to stash players so he chose foreign players who would be easily stashed and yet he felt still had high upside. He literally had way to many draft picks that year.

Correct. Also, according to reports the C's really wanted Juancho Hernangomez, but the Nuggets took him right before they picked. That's what made them select Yabusele.

« Reply #76 on: February 04, 2018, 08:54:57 AM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
I just think we have what a 3-5 window with Kyrie and Horford to make a title run.   

« Reply #77 on: February 04, 2018, 11:04:28 PM »

Offline vjcsmoke

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 182
I would be willing to trade the Clippers pick in 2019.  I'm betting they are going to be pretty bad soon, so the pick won't even convey to us.

« Reply #78 on: February 08, 2018, 12:06:18 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • Tommy Points: 2944
  • On To Banner 18!
Looks like Ainge wants to keep the 2018 BOS 1st, and other teams also refusing to give up their own 1st rounders for Evans (at the moment)
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #79 on: February 08, 2018, 03:30:39 PM »

Offline CelticsQuestFor18

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 27
Looks like you were right.

Ainge did not want to deal that 2018 first rounder at all it seems.

« Reply #80 on: February 08, 2018, 04:55:43 PM »

Offline Dino Pitino

• NCE
  • Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 219
Looks like Ainge wants to keep the 2018 BOS 1st, and other teams also refusing to give up their own 1st rounders for Evans (at the moment)

Gotta give it to you, Ainge seems to be as zealous a draft humper as you. Kudos.
"Young man, you have the question backwards." - Bill Russell

"My guess is that an aggregator of expert opinions would be close in terms of results to that of Danny." - Roy H.

« Reply #81 on: February 10, 2018, 08:28:59 AM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323

Too bad we could have used that back up scoring last night. Add  Tyreke Evans via our pick to the team and we might have beat the pacers.

I think Ainge is waiting for a buyout and planning to throw a ton of picks at team for another star down the road.

« Reply #82 on: February 10, 2018, 08:35:15 AM »

Offline hodgy03038

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 440
  • Marcus Smart #1 Fan
He's saving picks for AD but what good does the 2018 1st do for us in regards to AD. He won't be available until potentially next year if he asks out of New Orleans. So instead we will draft another Nader with that pick and stash him only to be a filler when we clear our role players out in a trade? I would have preferred getting Evans for this year with that pick. It is very frustrating but I stand by Ainge and his decisions.

« Reply #83 on: February 11, 2018, 11:58:20 AM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • Tommy Points: 2944
  • On To Banner 18!

Too bad we could have used that back up scoring last night. Add  Tyreke Evans via our pick to the team and we might have beat the pacers.

I think Ainge is waiting for a buyout and planning to throw a ton of picks at team for another star down the road.

Well I'm not sure what else is out there in the buyout market now that Belinelli and Joe Johnson are scooped up.
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller