Author Topic: Are there any Smart fans left?  (Read 3619 times)

Are there any Smart fans left?
« on: January 31, 2018, 10:14:45 PM »

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1254
We have a "Are there any Rozier fans left" thread so this deserves one too.

Smart is playing defense at home against the TV, while Rozier is getting a triple double.

Smart's gone for Tyreke or something anyway in all likelihood

Re: Are there any Smart fans left?
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2018, 10:17:48 PM »

Offline SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 998
Nope he gone for good. He dead to me now.

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2018, 10:29:56 PM »

Offline jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2932
Lol

Terry had a superb night. But let's not forget he also was a major part in allowing Steph to drop 49 on us the other night, and he's also been putrid for most of the last ten games or so.

One game changes nothing (though it's hilarious that it literally takes one game like this for this kind of thread to pop up lol). He's a good off the bench player, but he doesn't have any "elite" skill like Marcus has, which is much more valuable to us in the long run.

Rozier is clearly a more well-rounded scorer than Smart, but in pretty much every facet of the game outside of shooting, scoring, and rebounding, Smart is better and has the more valuable defensive skills that are needed in a defensive stopper today.

« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2018, 10:51:30 PM »

Offline keevsnick

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 550
Lol

Terry had a superb night. But let's not forget he also was a major part in allowing Steph to drop 49 on us the other night, and he's also been putrid for most of the last ten games or so.

One game changes nothing (though it's hilarious that it literally takes one game like this for this kind of thread to pop up lol). He's a good off the bench player, but he doesn't have any "elite" skill like Marcus has, which is much more valuable to us in the long run.

Rozier is clearly a more well-rounded scorer than Smart, but in pretty much every facet of the game outside of shooting, scoring, and rebounding, Smart is better and has the more valuable defensive skills that are needed in a defensive stopper today.

Marcus is the better player right now. But looking at their trend lines Rozier may end up the better player. As valuable as having an elite skill is there's something to be said for having few glaring weaknesses which Smart does (shooting). I mean at least with Rozier teams can't completely leave him to help like they do with Smart. Not  an easy call.

« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2018, 11:02:23 PM »

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman
Lol

Actually I sorta feel like Smart allowed Steph to drop 49...because he wasn't there

« Reply #5 on: January 31, 2018, 11:33:33 PM »

Offline colincb

• NCE
  • Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 501
Lol

LOL. This is BS. Stat comparison below excluding tonight's game.

http://bkref.com/tiny/Zhv8j

« Reply #6 on: January 31, 2018, 11:40:18 PM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1834
Lol

Marcus is the better player right now. But looking at their trend lines Rozier may end up the better player. As valuable as having an elite skill is there's something to be said for having few glaring weaknesses which Smart does (shooting). I mean at least with Rozier teams can't completely leave him to help like they do with Smart. Not  an easy call.

You lost me at “Marcus is the better player now.”

« Reply #7 on: February 01, 2018, 04:37:51 AM »

Offline Sarcasma

• Neemias Queta
  • Tommy Points: 0
Go to Celtics REDDIT, they love him more than Larry Bird over there for some reason. I personally cant wait until hes off the team. 5-1 without Smart.

« Reply #8 on: February 01, 2018, 05:15:19 AM »

Offline iadera

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 74
  • CroCeltics
Smart is an ending story. Our offense is clearly more fluent and efficient. Trade is the only outcome.

« Reply #9 on: February 01, 2018, 05:23:26 AM »

Offline RockinRyA

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 699
Go to Celtics REDDIT, they love him more than Larry Bird over there for some reason. I personally cant wait until hes off the team. 5-1 without Smart.

the Celtics are 3-0 without Kyrie, you still want him off the team? Its really dumb to use a very small sample size from the games of a team who is at the top of the east right now.     

Rozier averaged 5ppg on 29% shooting in that 4 game losing streak. Meanwhile Smart averaged 13ppg on 46% shooting, but sure blame it on Smart.

Oh and footey, Smart IS the better player right now. Brad knows it, stats show it, eye test show it. Until Rozier can consistently bring in the same effort at least on defense, smart will be the better player.

« Reply #10 on: February 01, 2018, 06:24:33 AM »

Offline iadera

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 74
  • CroCeltics

the Celtics are 3-0 without Kyrie, you still want him off the team?

Are you sure? What about tragic Bulls game? And Sixers one? we barely scored 80 pts.

« Reply #11 on: February 01, 2018, 06:54:04 AM »

Offline Big333223

• NCE
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 743
Just to answer the OP: Yes. Still my favorite player in the league.
1957, 1959, 1960, 1961, 1962, 1963, 1964, 1965, 1966, 1968, 1969, 1974, 1976, 1981, 1984, 1986, 2008

« Reply #12 on: February 01, 2018, 07:31:03 AM »

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman
Just to answer the OP: Yes. Still my favorite player in the league.
Players play. He's not playing.

I honestly wouldn't be surprised if he ends up in China in a year or two

« Reply #13 on: February 01, 2018, 07:47:00 AM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
We have a "Are there any Rozier fans left" thread so this deserves one too

That guy has ate a lot of crow, during the season.

« Reply #14 on: February 01, 2018, 08:07:45 AM »

Offline Rhyso

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 37
Yep big fan, if you like winning I can't see why you wouldn't be a fan but I dunno, maybe he is killing peoples fanatsy leagues or something.