Author Topic: Monroe Buyout / Signing with Celtics (merged threads)  (Read 36194 times)

Re: Monroe Buyout / Signing with Celtics (merged threads)
« Reply #420 on: February 03, 2018, 11:57:40 AM »

Offline Vermont Green

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 860
I have not seen Monroe play much lately but from what I remember, I think he will match up well playing alongside Horford.  Horford is at his best out high doing pick and pops or diving to the hoop but that takes him out of position for offensive rebounding.  Monroe can stay down low where someone will have to check him or he will score and get OReb.  That will give the defense one more thing to think about.

He is also going to be good at setting low picks away from the ball, a lost art of basketball (where the high pick and roll seems to be the go to these days).  I like to see good off the ball movement over shooters just camping in the corner while a guard and a big play high pick and roll (cough cough CLE).  Everyone needs to be moving and moving with a purpose.

If we use Monroe the way that I think we can, it will make it very hard for the other teams to set up their team defensive schemes.  Rolling off to double or rotate is easy when everyone is standing around.  It gets much harder when everyone is on the move.  Quicker decisions need to be made.  Tougher combinations are exposed.

« Reply #421 on: February 03, 2018, 01:35:27 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2961
Can't wait to see what Coach Stevens does with him.

I'm curious to see how Stevens utilizes a traditional center who doesn't have 3 point range.

He's the best big coach Stevens has had after Horford.
This is really good point.  CBS knows Monroe strength is being a traditional low-post center.  I am willing to bet he will runs plays for him, regardless of the high emphasis on 3-pt shooting in today's NBA.  Brad will figure out how to best utilize him.

if your down 1 pt and have last shot ......having Monore , Horford , Brown and Tatum around the bucket to put back a Irving miss would be huge ! 

« Reply #422 on: February 03, 2018, 01:43:22 PM »

Online Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • Tommy Points: 2923
  • On To Banner 18!
Finally we have some big bad boys around the paint on both ends of the floor. (Baynes, Theis, Monroe)

No more seeing Amir, Mickey, Zeller and Olynyk get toyed around and pushed around all over by the likes of Mr. Kardashian, Gortat, Lopez, etc. in the playoffs.  ;D

And Monroe is capable of scoring as well, which is a bonus.
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller