Author Topic: Kevin Love out 6-8 weeks  (Read 7496 times)

Re: Kevin Love out 6-8 weeks
« Reply #60 on: January 31, 2018, 10:47:51 PM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1549
Cavs beat the Heat and virtually no one on their team played well (Frye was the only guy with even an above average game).  Gave up just 89 points.
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #61 on: January 31, 2018, 11:11:53 PM »

Online celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1395
Cavs beat the Heat and virtually no one on their team played well (Frye was the only guy with even an above average game).  Gave up just 89 points.

I agree. They are in a lot of trouble. Squeaked by the heat on a night the heat shot 3-28 from 3 in Cleveland. They have to make trades or they will be out in the first round. Not gonna have a lot of games the opposing team shoots 9 percent on 3.

Wait were you saying nobody on heat played well? Or cavs? Both teams played bad but heat was actually historically bad shooting, I think 5th worst in franchise history on +20 3's
« Last Edit: February 01, 2018, 12:12:54 AM by celticsclay »

« Reply #62 on: February 01, 2018, 08:13:03 AM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith

I agree. They are in a lot of trouble. Squeaked by the heat on a night the heat shot 3-28 from 3 in Cleveland. They have to make trades or they will be out in the first round. Not gonna have a lot of games the opposing team shoots 9 percent on 3.

Wait were you saying nobody on heat played well? Or cavs? Both teams played bad but heat was actually historically bad shooting, I think 5th worst in franchise history on +20 3's
I was referring to the Cavs since this is a Cavs thread and the Cavs actually won the game.  They got a win when they shot 35% from the field.  Thomas in particular was awful at 2 of 15, but even James was just 8 of 21 (1 of 6 from three). 

« Reply #63 on: February 01, 2018, 11:58:59 AM »

Online celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1395

I was referring to the Cavs since this is a Cavs thread and the Cavs actually won the game.  They got a win when they shot 35% from the field.  Thomas in particular was awful at 2 of 15, but even James was just 8 of 21 (1 of 6 from three).

I kind of figured you meant the heat played bad because of their historically bad 3 point shooting. Is it not concerning the cavs won this by just 2 at home? IT has been shooting badly since he returned, though this was awful it seems less surprising than the heat as a team shooting awful.  I didn't see this game but it is hard to imagine the 9% from 3 was because IT had a dominant defensive performance

« Reply #64 on: February 01, 2018, 12:15:40 PM »

Offline Monkhouse

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 814
  • A true Celtic plays with heart.
The Cavs are quite literally in the nicest term I can use are screwed...
"I bomb atomically, Socrates' philosophies and hypotheses
Can't define how I be dropping these mockeries."

Is the glass half-full or half-empty?
It's based on your perspective, quite simply
We're the same and we're not; know what I'm saying? Listen
Son, I ain't better than you, I just think different

« Reply #65 on: February 01, 2018, 12:37:32 PM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith

I kind of figured you meant the heat played bad because of their historically bad 3 point shooting. Is it not concerning the cavs won this by just 2 at home? IT has been shooting badly since he returned, though this was awful it seems less surprising than the heat as a team shooting awful.  I didn't see this game but it is hard to imagine the 9% from 3 was because IT had a dominant defensive performance
Heat shot 60% from 2 though.  The Cavs shot 40% from 2 and 23% from 3 and won the game.  Obviously Miami was all time bad from 3 (11% is just awful).  The Cavs won the game at the line hitting 29 of 38 while Miami was just 14 of 25

The Cavs beat the 4th best team in the conference in the first game without their 2nd best player, while shooting 35% from the field (and their starters were 32%).  It was an ugly win, but there is no way to say it wasn't a good win for the Cavs.  They beat a good team when offensively they were awful (and that is the strong part of their team).

« Reply #66 on: February 02, 2018, 09:03:11 AM »

Online jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2932
http://twitter.com/daldridgetnt/status/959419689746255883

No surgery needed for Love, but they still made his official timeline 8 weeks. That’s going to be rough for Cleveland, which will only give him about 7 games or so before the playoffs if he sticks to that timeline.

« Reply #67 on: February 02, 2018, 12:02:07 PM »

Offline Valid

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 27
http://twitter.com/daldridgetnt/status/959419689746255883

No surgery needed for Love, but they still made his official timeline 8 weeks. That’s going to be rough for Cleveland, which will only give him about 7 games or so before the playoffs if he sticks to that timeline.
That's probably all he needs, to be honest. He's a veteran and he's been in Cleveland for four years. He knows the drill by now.

Of course, if the Cavs make a move by the deadline and acquire another frontcourt player, that could change things, as Love and said player would need to become accustomed to playing with one another, but this is basically just Love getting some rest. As long as he is healthy for the playoffs, he'll be fine.