Author Topic: Kevin Love out 6-8 weeks  (Read 7475 times)

Re: Kevin Love out 6-8 weeks
« Reply #45 on: January 31, 2018, 08:29:33 AM »

Offline saltlover

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2619
Who will replace him in All-star game ? Jayson Tatum ?
Probably Dragic.  Maybe Simmons.

Simmons making it over Dragic would be flat out wrong. Two players from an 8-seed but none from the 4-seed? Ugh.
Not really.  Only 3.5 games separate them and the Sixers have played a much tougher schedule.  The Heat actually have a negative point differential.  Simmons has better numbers and has been playing quite good defensively. 

Dragic:  17.0pts   4.1reb  4.8ast    .84stl   .22blk
Simmons:  16.6pts    7.9reb    7.3ast   1.78stl    .91blk
Could see Kemba sneaking in as well, but doubtful considering how poor Charlotte has been
It is Drummond.  Which makes sense since he was by far the most deserving front court player and Love was a front court player.
Who replaced Wall though? Or did Drummond replace Wall and someone is yet to replace Love?

Correct.  Love will be replaced today — Drummond was announced for Wall before Love got hurt.

« Reply #46 on: January 31, 2018, 08:30:12 AM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1544
Who will replace him in All-star game ? Jayson Tatum ?
Probably Dragic.  Maybe Simmons.

Simmons making it over Dragic would be flat out wrong. Two players from an 8-seed but none from the 4-seed? Ugh.
Not really.  Only 3.5 games separate them and the Sixers have played a much tougher schedule.  The Heat actually have a negative point differential.  Simmons has better numbers and has been playing quite good defensively. 

Dragic:  17.0pts   4.1reb  4.8ast    .84stl   .22blk
Simmons:  16.6pts    7.9reb    7.3ast   1.78stl    .91blk
Could see Kemba sneaking in as well, but doubtful considering how poor Charlotte has been
It is Drummond.  Which makes sense since he was by far the most deserving front court player and Love was a front court player.
Who replaced Wall though? Or did Drummond replace Wall and someone is yet to replace Love?
I had it wrong, you are right.  Drummond replaced Wall.

I suspect then Dragic will replace Love.
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #47 on: January 31, 2018, 08:59:54 AM »

Offline Ed Hollison

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 195
Anyone find it crazy how durable and indestructible LeBron actually is? The guy never gets injured. The worst I can remember was that time he got cramps but the air conditioning wasn’t working  or something

NOTHING TO SEE HERE, PLEASE DISPERSE
"A thought of hatred must be destroyed by a more powerful thought of love."

http://fruittreeblog.com

« Reply #48 on: January 31, 2018, 09:01:14 AM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion
Anyone find it crazy how durable and indestructible LeBron actually is? The guy never gets injured. The worst I can remember was that time he got cramps but the air conditioning wasn’t working  or something

;D

It’s almost .... superhuman ??
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #49 on: January 31, 2018, 09:26:15 AM »

Offline CFAN38

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 420
this is a little out of the box thinking but i have to wonder if one of the bottom feeders in the NBA will go after Love with the intention of sitting him out the rest of the season.

Maybe the following

ATL gets Love, Shumpert and Rose

Cavs get Bazemore, Bellinelli, Dedmon, a protected 1st (maybe there 2019 back or one of the 2018 from Minn or Houston), and a second

Then ATL just sits Love for the rest of the season.

This trade gives the Cavs an athletic wing, a shooter, and a big who can play inside and stretch the court as well as a future asset to put towards the post lebron rebuild.

ATL goes deep into the Tank and will land a top 6 player. Next season that top player, Love and Schroeder (if they keep him) will form their new core. They could also explore trading schroeder to Hornets for Walker and a bad contract. 
Mavs
Wiz
Hornet

« Reply #50 on: January 31, 2018, 09:36:47 AM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1544
this is a little out of the box thinking but i have to wonder if one of the bottom feeders in the NBA will go after Love with the intention of sitting him out the rest of the season.

Maybe the following

ATL gets Love, Shumpert and Rose

Cavs get Bazemore, Bellinelli, Dedmon, a protected 1st (maybe there 2019 back or one of the 2018 from Minn or Houston), and a second

Then ATL just sits Love for the rest of the season.

This trade gives the Cavs an athletic wing, a shooter, and a big who can play inside and stretch the court as well as a future asset to put towards the post lebron rebuild.

ATL goes deep into the Tank and will land a top 6 player. Next season that top player, Love and Schroeder (if they keep him) will form their new core. They could also explore trading schroeder to Hornets for Walker and a bad contract.
that is an interesting trade for both teams. 
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #51 on: January 31, 2018, 11:21:10 AM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 3175

;D

It's almost as if....

« Reply #52 on: January 31, 2018, 11:23:18 AM »

Offline Snakehead

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 448

;D

It's almost as if....

He's LeBron James.
"I really don't want people to understand me." - Jordan Crawford

« Reply #53 on: January 31, 2018, 11:28:58 AM »

Offline More Banners

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 257

;D

It's almost as if....

He's LeBron James.

And the guy gets brutally fouled on every single play, too.

All those fouls, and never gets injured.

« Reply #54 on: January 31, 2018, 11:32:09 AM »

Offline Snakehead

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 448

;D

It's almost as if....

He's LeBron James.

And the guy gets brutally fouled on every single play, too.

All those fouls, and never gets injured.

I think it's amazing myself.  But it's in part why he's the best athlete in NBA history.  Incredibly gifted, huge, insanely durable.  He also works incredibly hard at it and has a whole team dedicated to upkeep on his body and diet and things.
"I really don't want people to understand me." - Jordan Crawford

« Reply #55 on: January 31, 2018, 11:37:22 AM »

Offline fairweatherfan

• Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 2365
  • Be the posts you wish to see in the world.

LeBron used to turn his ankles a lot when he was younger, but that's about it. He's also savvy and privileged enough to build rest into his regular season, which helps with wear and tear.

And it's not just something that can be explained by PEDs. PEDs help with recovery but often increase risk of injury, like when D Wade shredded his shoulder several years back then came back noticeably less muscular.  LeBron's a freak whether he's using PEDs to aid with it or not.

« Reply #56 on: January 31, 2018, 11:49:43 AM »

Offline bopna

• NGT
  • Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 136
Curse of the Lebron All-Stars...

Boogie, Wall, Love. We should put Kyrie on ice.

Would agree if Toronto wasn’t a game out

If CLE slips to 4-5 seed, maybe it's best we are at the 2 seed?

Avoid TOR/CLE until the ECF and only play one of the two.
I am not sure why people want run and hide from Cleveland in the playoffs. If the Celtics are the better team they will beat Cleveland. Doesn’t matter which round.

Bring on the Cavs. I think this team can beat them with or without love.

Correct.
Why be afraid of the Cavs because of Lebron?
Yeah Lebron is the best player in the planet but without help he is mortal..we beat his ass before he got fed up and joined the cHeat to beat the Celtics old core..man if our big three were 2 yrs younger then we still would have beaten them.

I firmly believe the Cavs will be very beatable in any round..heck right now id be very surprise if they get out of one round whoever their competition is..They are so bad defensively there will beo no quick fix in their situation between now and the playoffs.

« Reply #57 on: January 31, 2018, 12:35:25 PM »

Offline Alleyoopster

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 150
Even prior to the Love injury it looked doubtful the Cavs would win the NBA Championship this season.

My feeling is that it might be best for the team to go into full tank mode and shoot for the lottery. Chances are they are losing Lebron anyways. Why not plan for the future and select what would likely be two solid players?

https://basketball.realgm.com/nba/draft/future_drafts/team

« Reply #58 on: January 31, 2018, 12:49:04 PM »

Offline fairweatherfan

• Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 2365
  • Be the posts you wish to see in the world.
Curse of the Lebron All-Stars...

Boogie, Wall, Love. We should put Kyrie on ice.

Would agree if Toronto wasn’t a game out

If CLE slips to 4-5 seed, maybe it's best we are at the 2 seed?

Avoid TOR/CLE until the ECF and only play one of the two.
I am not sure why people want run and hide from Cleveland in the playoffs. If the Celtics are the better team they will beat Cleveland. Doesn’t matter which round.

Bring on the Cavs. I think this team can beat them with or without love.

Correct.
Why be afraid of the Cavs because of Lebron?
Yeah Lebron is the best player in the planet but without help he is mortal..we beat his ass before he got fed up and joined the cHeat to beat the Celtics old core..man if our big three were 2 yrs younger then we still would have beaten them.

I firmly believe the Cavs will be very beatable in any round..heck right now id be very surprise if they get out of one round whoever their competition is..They are so bad defensively there will beo no quick fix in their situation between now and the playoffs.

For me it's more about a path through the East where we have to beat Cleveland OR Toronto vs one where we have to beat Cleveland AND Toronto.  Those are the two other teams with a real shot to make it out, and our chances get a lot better if one of them eliminates the other.

I don't think they'll lose in the 1st but I definitely agree that this year's Cavs slump feels different; this seems like the year they don't make it out of the East, especially with LeBron halfway out the door.

« Reply #59 on: January 31, 2018, 12:53:31 PM »

Offline LatterDayCelticsfan

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 171
  • Community Text
Even prior to the Love injury it looked doubtful the Cavs would win the NBA Championship this season.

My feeling is that it might be best for the team to go into full tank mode and shoot for the lottery. Chances are they are losing Lebron anyways. Why not plan for the future and select what would likely be two solid players?

https://basketball.realgm.com/nba/draft/future_drafts/team

They have won too many games at this point to properly tank. That is unless they play 0.100 basketball the rest of the season.
Banner 18 please 😍