Author Topic: Knicks (23-28) at Celtics (36-15) Game #52 1/31/18  (Read 22200 times)

Re: Knicks (23-28) at Celtics (36-15) Game #52 1/31/18
« Reply #285 on: January 31, 2018, 10:22:56 PM »

Offline rocknrollforyoursoul

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 324
Soooo, how did no foul get called on the play on which Morris was injured? And why wouldn't the ref who was standing right there on the baseline not blow his whistle when Semi was deliberately fouling the nearest Knick to stop the clock?
"There are two kinds of people: those who say to God, 'Thy will be done,' and those to whom God says, 'All right, then, have it your way.'"

"You don't have a soul. You are a Soul. You have a body."

— C.S. Lewis

« Reply #286 on: January 31, 2018, 10:25:25 PM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 3150
Soooo, how did no foul get called on the play on which Morris was injured? And why wouldn't the ref who was standing right there on the baseline not blow his whistle when Semi was deliberately fouling the nearest Knick to stop the clock?

Also no foul on that Hayward play in the 1st game of the year. Maybe the NBA can keep more Celtics players from getting hurt while in the air.

« Reply #287 on: January 31, 2018, 10:25:28 PM »

Offline keevsnick

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 549
How is that not a flagrant?

Seriously. We are gonna call that a flagrant?

Contact with a man's head while he's in the air? Yeah, I'd call that a flagrant.

Given calls I've seen as flagrants this year, including yes anything to the head basically, it should have been.

Again guys there needs to be some intent, not only was intent lacking but he made a play for the block meaning its not a flagrant. It was a foul tho, that the refs missed.

"Flagrant foul. In basketball, a flagrant foul is a personal foul that involves excessive or violent contact that could injure the fouled player. A flagrant foul may be unintentional or purposeful; the latter type is also called an "intentional foul" in the NBA."

Exactly.  Intent is not a definition of it.

Al got one early in the year when a guard was on the switch, so when he did a drop step and swung his elbow it was at the guard's head.  They called it.  He wasn't even looking so it wasn't intentional.  That's not part of that rule.

Ya, and that shouldn't of been a flagrant. Neither should that on Morris. Contact was made, but it wasn't excessive. Granted the play result in injury but that was more because Morris was off balance hanging on the rim. It was unfortunate. Not a flagrant.

"contact that could injure the fouled player"

So every contact that results in an injury to a  player is a flagrant? Obviously not. There has to be excessive contact, there wasn't. Its unfortunate that Morris was injured but it was incidental. But reasonable people can agree to disagree. I'm just a little tired of every little bit of contact being a flagrant.

No, it was not incidental... it was a breakaway foul. Morris was ahead of Beasley who really had no play on the ball without making contact with a defenseless airborne Morris. It was a bush league play similar to what caused Heyward's injury. NBA should do something about this.

I agree. It was head hunting at it's finest. Morris falling like that should've tipped the refs that he was hit.

Okay, are you serious? Head hunting is intentional. That wasn't intentional. I would think that we can at least agree on that much.

« Reply #288 on: January 31, 2018, 10:25:52 PM »

Online celticinorlando

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 637
  • MASTER OF PANIC
Man the Knicks are terrible

« Reply #289 on: January 31, 2018, 10:26:17 PM »

Offline keevsnick

• Rajon Rondo

Also no foul on that Hayward play in the 1st game of the year. Maybe the NBA can keep more Celtics players from getting hurt while in the air.
There was no foul on that play because there was no foul. Injuries happen even on legal plays you guys.

« Reply #290 on: January 31, 2018, 10:28:55 PM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith

There was no foul on that play because there was no foul. Injuries happen even on legal plays you guys.

I don't think the head is part of the ball. You should watch it again. It's clearly a blown call.

« Reply #291 on: January 31, 2018, 10:29:57 PM »

Offline rocknrollforyoursoul

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 324

I don't think the head is part of the ball. You should watch it again. It's clearly a blown call.

I'm guessing he's referring to the Hayward play? Because there was clearly a foul committed against Morris.
"There are two kinds of people: those who say to God, 'Thy will be done,' and those to whom God says, 'All right, then, have it your way.'"

"You don't have a soul. You are a Soul. You have a body."

— C.S. Lewis

« Reply #292 on: January 31, 2018, 10:32:48 PM »

Offline keevsnick

• Rajon Rondo

I'm guessing he's referring to the Hayward play? Because there was clearly a foul committed against Morris.

Yes I'm referring to the Hayward play. the Morris play was clearly a foul.

« Reply #293 on: January 31, 2018, 10:40:55 PM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith

I think there was also clear contact on that Hayward play.

« Reply #294 on: January 31, 2018, 10:42:24 PM »

Offline keevsnick

• Rajon Rondo

Contact does not mean foul.

« Reply #295 on: January 31, 2018, 10:47:40 PM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith

I think it was a clear foul on that Hayward play...

« Reply #296 on: January 31, 2018, 10:50:06 PM »

Offline G-Bones

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 89
I agree that Hayward was fouled by Crowder and/or James. 

« Reply #297 on: January 31, 2018, 10:53:03 PM »

Offline keevsnick

• Rajon Rondo

I think it was a clear foul on that Hayward play...

Okay, well i dont think so but again agree to disagree. All i know is I'm glad Celtics Blog posters aren't NBA refs. Then again NBA refs aren't great either.

« Reply #298 on: February 01, 2018, 08:28:19 AM »

Online RodyTur10

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 291
  • Always offline from 9pm till 3am
JB the Unicorn Slayer!

TP, that would be a cool nickname!

« Reply #299 on: February 04, 2018, 08:12:26 PM »

Offline Boston Garden Leprechaun

• Dennis Johnson