5 (13.9%)
Evans
16 (44.4%)
Williams
13 (36.1%)
Hood
2 (5.6%)

Total Members Voted: 36

Author Topic: Favorite target - Bradley, Evans, Williams, or Hood?  (Read 3834 times)

Favorite target - Bradley, Evans, Williams, or Hood?
« on: January 29, 2018, 07:25:14 PM »

Offline Eddie20

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 975
@BobbyMarks42
Avery Bradley is also now eligible to be traded to Boston. The Celtics are not considered the last team he played for (see Andrew Bogut last trade deadline).

Assuming all cost about the same (which they should) who would you go after?

Bradley has the system familiarity and his lack of ball dominance, especially compared to the other two players, would make this the smoothest transition.

Evans has more positional versatility, but he's also ball dominant and historically the worst shooter of the 3.

Williams is the best scorer, but he's also ball dominant and very weak defender who can't defend multiple positions.

Hood added. A jack of all trades master of none type who is pretty inconsistent.
« Last Edit: January 29, 2018, 07:30:56 PM by Eddie20 »

Re: Favorite target - Bradley, Evans, or Williams?
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2018, 07:27:39 PM »

Offline rondofan1255

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 527
Favorites:

(1) Lou Williams
(2) Rodney Hood

Re: Favorite target - Bradley, Evans, or Williams?
« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2018, 07:29:39 PM »

Offline Eddie20

• Don Nelson
Favorites:

(1) Lou Williams
(2) Rodney Hood

Hood added since he's been rumored as well. That said, I do think he's the worst of the bunch. A very inconsistent player that I wouldn't trust too much during the playoffs.

Re: Favorite target - Bradley, Evans, Williams, or Hood?
« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2018, 07:32:23 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 2952
  • On To Banner 18!
What would be a hypothetical trade offer for Lou Williams?
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2018, 07:36:38 PM »

Offline Eddie20

• Don Nelson

DPE and a Celtics 1st rd pick in 2018. Not that much, but recent history shows that expiring contracts haven't been too fruitful for the team trading the player away. Regardless, the Clippers have to trade either Bradley or Williams. I doubt they'll want to re-sign both, especially with Beverley, Rivers, and Teodosic all signed for next season.

« Reply #5 on: January 29, 2018, 07:43:28 PM »

Offline hodgy03038

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 440
  • Marcus Smart #1 Fan

DPE and a Celtics 1st rd pick in 2018. Not that much, but recent history shows that expiring contracts haven't been too fruitful for the team trading the player away. Regardless, the Clippers have to trade either Bradley or Williams. I doubt they'll want to re-sign both, especially with Beverley, Rivers, and Teodosic all signed for next season.

DPE is NOT tradeable. It is for Celtics to use or lose - they cannot trade it.

« Reply #6 on: January 29, 2018, 08:06:31 PM »

Offline mr. dee

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 597

I thought Celtics can use it to absord contracts.

« Reply #7 on: January 29, 2018, 08:21:19 PM »

Offline hodgy03038

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Marcus Smart #1 Fan

I thought Celtics can use it to absord contracts.

Not sure what you mean by absorb contracts. They cannot trade it. They can use it for a live player up to 8.4 mil contract and that player is NOT tradable as that deadline has long passed. They can trade for a player on last year contract, sign a free agent or sign a buy-out player up to 8.4 mil for that slot. If they don't use it they lose it. If they don't use it prior to Hayward coming back this year they lose it. I am SURE Danny will fit something in to the slot when the time/opportunity is right

« Reply #8 on: January 29, 2018, 08:22:01 PM »

Offline Eddie20

• Don Nelson

Keith Smith -

By leaving the DPE whole, it allows a team to use it in a trade to take in the maximum amount of money allowed, in Boston’s case this amounts to just over $8.5 million (the DPE amount of approximately $8.4 million plus $100,000 per trade rules). This as opposed to penalizing the team by reducing the DPE in value like some of the other exceptions do.

« Reply #9 on: January 29, 2018, 08:23:45 PM »

Offline hodgy03038

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Marcus Smart #1 Fan

Keith Smith -

By leaving the DPE whole, it allows a team to use it in a trade to take in the maximum amount of money allowed, in Boston’s case this amounts to just over $8.5 million (the DPE amount of approximately $8.4 million plus $100,000 per trade rules). This as opposed to penalizing the team by reducing the DPE in value like some of the other exceptions do.

Yes they can receive a player in a trade to fill that slot but it is not tradable out as suggested earlier.

« Reply #10 on: January 29, 2018, 08:28:51 PM »

Offline Eddie20

• Don Nelson

Keith Smith -

Yes they can receive a player in a trade to fill that slot but it is not tradable out as suggested earlier.

You're arguing semantics, though. The question asked was how we could acquire Williams and trading for him using the DPE was what I suggested.

From the CBA -

Teams can use a Disabled Player Exception to sign a free agent, trade for a player or claim someone off waivers as long as they fit the other requirements.

« Reply #11 on: January 29, 2018, 08:28:51 PM »

Offline tarheelsxxiii

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1389
What about Toni Kukoc?

Keith Smith -- Kukoc works for the DPE.  Look for the Celtics to make a splash.
The Tarstradamus Group, LLC

« Reply #12 on: January 29, 2018, 08:29:32 PM »

Offline KGs Knee

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 1544
Bradley would be the most difficult to trade for, as his salary is too large for the DPE, meaning we would have to send out actual players. But otherwise he'd be my first choice.

I'd be fine with either Tyreke or Lou Will, depending on which came at a cheaper cost.

Hood will probably be too costly to trade for, and likely too expensive to re-sign this summer, so I'd pass on him altogether.

« Reply #13 on: January 29, 2018, 08:31:33 PM »

Offline hodgy03038

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Marcus Smart #1 Fan

Keith Smith -

You're arguing semantics, though. The question asked was how we could acquire Williams and trading for him using the DPE was what I suggested.

From the CBA -

Teams can use a Disabled Player Exception to sign a free agent, trade for a player or claim someone off waivers as long as they fit the other requirements.

What I recall being proposed is this....

DPE and a Celtics 1st rd pick in 2018.

That is an outgoing trade and a pick which is not semantics and not tradable.

« Reply #14 on: January 29, 2018, 08:32:11 PM »

Offline KGs Knee

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 1544

Keith Smith -

From the CBA -

Yeah, I really don't get the point of Hodgy's argument there. Most everyone here probably understood what you meant.