Author Topic: #WojBomb: Clips and Pistons Agree to Blake Griffin Trade  (Read 21267 times)

Re: #WojBomb: Clips and Pistons in talks for Blake Griffin
« Reply #61 on: January 29, 2018, 07:15:04 PM »

Offline celticinorlando

• John Havlicek
  • Tommy Points: 659
  • MASTER OF PANIC
Go get Lou Williams Danny

« Reply #62 on: January 29, 2018, 07:15:17 PM »

Offline Rondo9

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 277
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2756634-report-deandre-jordan-lou-williams-may-be-dealt-after-blake-griffin-trade

Apparently they're actively shopping and discussing deals regarding Lou Williams and DJ now, too. Get him (Lou), Danny! I honestly wouldn't care between Lou or Tyreke; either of them would tremendously help us.

We won't get him.

Cavaliers will offer Nets Pick + Assets for DJ and Lou Williams unfortunately.

Source?

« Reply #63 on: January 29, 2018, 07:15:50 PM »

Offline hodgy03038

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 440
  • Marcus Smart #1 Fan
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2756634-report-deandre-jordan-lou-williams-may-be-dealt-after-blake-griffin-trade

Apparently they're actively shopping and discussing deals regarding Lou Williams and DJ now, too. Get him (Lou), Danny! I honestly wouldn't care between Lou or Tyreke; either of them would tremendously help us.

We won't get him.

I don't think they will trade Nets pick without commitment from LeBron for staying in Cleveland. So without Nets pick I doubt they get Williams + DJ

« Reply #64 on: January 29, 2018, 07:16:49 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 2954
  • On To Banner 18!

We won't get him.

Source?

I'm just guessing lol. But A LOT of people (even some reporters/media members) predict that could happen. I hope it doesn't, but it could. Jordan + Williams could actually thread the needle a bit for CLE.
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #65 on: January 29, 2018, 07:17:32 PM »

Offline TheLegendaryClub

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 130
Pretty crazy that not too long ago Blake, Doc, and CP3 held Deandre hostage in his home and forced him to re-sign, and now they're all getting shipped out. And if they're looking to rebuild, they're probably better off parting ways with Doc too-- we know he's not really a player development coach.

« Reply #66 on: January 29, 2018, 07:17:37 PM »

Online mef730

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 915
bet lou Williams and Jordan end up in Cleveland.

I thought profanity was banned on CelticsBlog.

Mike

« Reply #67 on: January 29, 2018, 07:24:25 PM »

Offline TheisTheisBaby

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 32
Time for Lou Williams to realize his best chance at a title is in Boston and politely request a trade.  Unless he truly doesn't care about that and wants to put up empty stats on the Clippers.

« Reply #69 on: January 29, 2018, 07:27:33 PM »

Offline Sophomore

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 823

Would be satisfied with Lou, would prefer Tyreke. Enough scoring, better 2-way player. Probably good news that there are two sixth-man wings in the market. Hopefully lowers the price.

« Reply #70 on: January 29, 2018, 07:29:32 PM »

Online tazzmaniac

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 551
There was some talk of Jordan going to the Bucks.  Also NOP could offer Cousins and their 1st for Jordan.  That would solidify their playoff chances and AD wouldn't need to play center much. 

« Reply #71 on: January 29, 2018, 07:34:15 PM »

Offline DefenseWinsChamps

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 766
There was some talk of Jordan going to the Bucks.  Also NOP could offer Cousins and their 1st for Jordan.  That would solidify their playoff chances and AD wouldn't need to play center much.

That's a fascinating possibility. Probably very unlikely, but you can see how it makes sense.

Imagine if they were able to sneak Lou Williams away too.

The Pelicans would need to include salary filler and a 1st round pick, but the Clippers owner is not afraid of risk.

IF the Cavs and the Bucks aren't willing to give up decent assets, I'd rather have a shot at Cousins than Thompson or Henson.

Re: #WojBomb: Clips and Pistons Agree to Blake Griffin Trade
« Reply #72 on: January 29, 2018, 07:38:17 PM »

Offline hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2704
Interesting wrinkle from all this:

https://twitter.com/BobbyMarks42/status/958130320460664834

Bobby Marks‏Verified account
@BobbyMarks42

Avery Bradley is also now eligible to be traded to Boston. The Celtics are not considered the last team he played for (see Andrew Bogut last trade deadline).
4:10 PM - 29 Jan 2018

« Reply #73 on: January 29, 2018, 07:39:39 PM »

Offline DefenseWinsChamps

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 766

@BobbyMarks42

Avery Bradley is also now eligible to be traded to Boston. The Celtics are not considered the last team he played for (see Andrew Bogut last trade deadline).

And he fits in our DPE. That would be amazing. Would you rather have Lou Williams, Tyreke Evans, or Avery Bradley?

Edit: Nevermind. No he doesn't fit in the DPE. I was wrong.

« Reply #74 on: January 29, 2018, 07:40:43 PM »

Offline hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2704

@BobbyMarks42

And he fits in our DPE. That would be amazing. Would you rather have Lou Williams, Tyreke Evans, or Avery Bradley?

Bradley easily He would be key against GS and he knows our system, and we know him.