Author Topic: How much will IT get on next contract?  (Read 1340 times)

How much will IT get on next contract?
« on: January 29, 2018, 04:07:02 PM »

Online celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1395
I am now thinking 12-15 million.

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/22246427/as-cleveland-cavaliers-coach-tyronn-lue-adjusts-rotations-isaiah-thomas-sits-fourth-quarter-vs-detroit-pistons

When asked about not playing in 4th IT said 'I don't know what you want me to say"

Re: How much will IT get on next contract?
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2018, 04:08:25 PM »

Offline tarheelsxxiii

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1389
I'm not sure what you want us to say.
The Tarstradamus Group, LLC

« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2018, 04:20:06 PM »

Offline Monkhouse

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 814
  • A true Celtic plays with heart.
If IT can finish the rest of the season strong, I can see a ball park of 15 to 18 million at least.
"I bomb atomically, Socrates' philosophies and hypotheses
Can't define how I be dropping these mockeries."

Is the glass half-full or half-empty?
It's based on your perspective, quite simply
We're the same and we're not; know what I'm saying? Listen
Son, I ain't better than you, I just think different

« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2018, 04:23:21 PM »

Online celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis
I'm not sure what you want us to say.

Lol. Tars. What's your guess?

« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2018, 04:30:07 PM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 3177
I could see IT getting a max contract from a team like The Kings. They would just get him to sell tickets.

« Reply #5 on: January 29, 2018, 04:37:27 PM »

Offline hodgy03038

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 440
  • Marcus Smart #1 Fan
I could see IT getting a max contract from a team like The Kings. They would just get him to sell tickets.

I don't see SAC as an option as he has already been there and they have Fox/Hield. I think he will get a Lowry type contract if he seems healy like 3/90M.

« Reply #6 on: January 29, 2018, 04:40:41 PM »

Online celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis

I don't see SAC as an option as he has already been there and they have Fox/Hield. I think he will get a Lowry type contract if he seems healy like 3/90M.

Yeah he is ball dominant and weak defensively. I don't think a young team wants him. Maybe the Lakers see him as a name

« Reply #7 on: January 29, 2018, 04:41:02 PM »

Offline Big333223

• NCE
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 743
Oh man. I feel so bad for him looking at that clip. A year ago he was on top of the world, thinking about huge money and beloved by his team. Now he's on a crap organization, getting benched in 4th quarters and he's seeing all that money going right down the drain. What a fall.

Does Dallas take a swipe at him while Dennis Smith Jr. continues to develop? Who else needs a PG? Indiana? Is Brooklyn comfortable sticking with Deangelo Russel? Is he a big enough star for the Lakers to chase him to pair with Lonzo? For Philly to pair with Simmons?

I just don't know what his market will be this summer.
1957, 1959, 1960, 1961, 1962, 1963, 1964, 1965, 1966, 1968, 1969, 1974, 1976, 1981, 1984, 1986, 2008

« Reply #8 on: January 29, 2018, 04:42:28 PM »

Offline Monkhouse

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 814
  • A true Celtic plays with heart.
Oh man. I feel so bad for him looking at that clip. A year ago he was on top of the world, thinking about huge money and beloved by his team. Now he's on a crap organization, getting benched in 4th quarters and he's seeing all that money going right down the drain. What a fall.

Does Dallas take a swipe at him while Dennis Smith Jr. continues to develop? Who else needs a PG? Indiana? Is Brooklyn comfortable sticking with Deangelo Russel? Is he a big enough star for the Lakers to chase him to pair with Lonzo? For Philly to pair with Simmons?

IT and Russell backcourt with Lin and Levert as the backups would be solid offensively. Might be the worse back court defensively in the league.
"I bomb atomically, Socrates' philosophies and hypotheses
Can't define how I be dropping these mockeries."

Is the glass half-full or half-empty?
It's based on your perspective, quite simply
We're the same and we're not; know what I'm saying? Listen
Son, I ain't better than you, I just think different

« Reply #9 on: January 29, 2018, 04:47:47 PM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1549
The only starter that played in the 4th quarter (until the very end) was James.  The Cavs were on a roll and Thompson told Lue to just roll with them as long as it was working.  To say that Thomas was benched is a gross exaggeration of what happened.
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #10 on: January 29, 2018, 04:49:28 PM »

Offline cltc5

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 445
To be honest this is on IT. The game is not built for his kinda play.  Instead of him being happy coming off the bench as a 6th man, he whined until he started, then boasted about gettin the brinks truck.  A little humility would help IT overall I think.

« Reply #11 on: January 29, 2018, 04:49:56 PM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 3177

The Kings signed Zach Randoiph to a 12 million dollar contract and George Hill to a 20 million dollar contract just this last season. If they can get shed of those contracts, I can see them giving out stupid money this off season as well.

« Reply #12 on: January 29, 2018, 04:51:10 PM »

Online celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis

I could see Dallas. Cuban has always liked big name players. I just think his value may only sink lower if he can't get off cavs

« Reply #13 on: January 29, 2018, 04:53:23 PM »

Online celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis
The only starter that played in the 4th quarter (until the very end) was James.  The Cavs were on a roll and Thompson told Lue to just roll with them as long as it was working.  To say that Thomas was benched is a gross exaggeration of what happened.

Is your issue with espn? I just shared a quote from him on not playing and asked what his contract would be. Do you think 15 million is a crazy guess? For what's it's worth I'm not sure cousins will get the max now either.

« Reply #14 on: January 29, 2018, 05:02:33 PM »

Offline mmmmm

• NCE
  • Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 862
This question seems ... premature.  He's only 9 games back from a really long rehab.  A huge variety of things can and probably will happen between now and the start of free agency that could affect his next contract.

Try again in a few months.
NBA Officiating - Corrupt?  Incompetent?  Which is worse?  Does it matter?  It sucks.