Author Topic: Tyreke Evans rumor  (Read 23612 times)

Re: Tyreke Evans rumor
« Reply #75 on: January 29, 2018, 03:38:42 AM »

Offline rondohondo

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1196
What if we coiuod get Tyreke and then Chandler gets bought out?

Kyrie.        Rozier
Jaylen.     Smart
Tatum.      Tyreke
Horford.     Morris
 Chandler.    Baynes

That's a legit title contender IMO. We add a go to scorer off the bench, and a rim protector. Chandler/Baynes are some big boys to hold down the Center spot.

I say it makes us favorites in the East, and could give GSW a real series in the finals and maybe pull the upset.
I'll be the glass half empty guy. While I agree that this would be a nice temporary talent addition to our team, I find it hard to use phrases like "legit title contender' and "favorite in the East" with a team that is 1-5 in it's last six games since England. Only one of our six opponents (GSW) will even have home court advantage in the first round. Unless, in spite of what they are saying in public, they believe that Hayward is likely to return this season at close to full speed, then i don't want to give up anything meaningful for temps. If no Hayward, I'm happy to wait for "buy out season" to begin since it's not my money.

What are we really giving up though? A pick in the 25-30 range, a DPE that is only good for this year, and maybe a 2nd rd pick if pushed?

Would also give us a chance to re-sign Evans if Smart gets an offer from another team we don't want to match....

« Reply #76 on: January 29, 2018, 07:25:27 AM »

Offline Birdman

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 413
I don't care bout next year or our pick..I want to win baby!! Get Evans..
C/PF-Horford, Baynes, Noel, Theis, Morris,
SF/SG- Tatum, Brown, Hayward, Smart, Semi, Clark
PG- Irving, Rozier, Larkin

« Reply #77 on: January 29, 2018, 07:30:00 AM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
The trouble with this is......when does Ainge ever let a leak out on a deal or the like... The answer is never.

« Reply #78 on: January 29, 2018, 07:39:05 AM »

Offline Sketch5

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 280
The trouble with this is......when does Ainge ever let a leak out on a deal or the like... The answer is never.

Except this isn't coming from the Celtics camp. DA is good at keeping this stuff quite on his end, but he's not good enough for people from Memphis from talking.

If there is something to this, could be why Smart swiped at a picture frame the other day... ;)

« Reply #79 on: January 29, 2018, 07:52:42 AM »

Offline PAOBoston

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 533
The bench unit hasn't had a consistent scorer in 2 seasons (since Turner left). It's been a big problem for this team last year and continues to be a big problem this year. I understand Hayward getting hurt doesn't help but it's pretty clear at this point that Smart/ Rozier are not consistent enough as 6th man to be able to keep the team from going on 6 minute scoring droughts when the starters are out.

If they do try and get Evans, it will be in an effort to keep him long term imo, especially with the likelihood that Smart is not on this team next year.

« Reply #80 on: January 29, 2018, 09:34:35 AM »

Offline KGBirdBias

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 125
Let's get this done. DPE and Celtics 2018 #1.

2nd unit would be Smart, Rozier, Evans, Morris and Theis. When Smart starts jacking bad shots, move Semi to the 3 and move Evans to the 2. We don't have that option right now.

« Reply #81 on: January 29, 2018, 09:38:16 AM »

Offline A Future of Stevens

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 486
If we were able to get Tyreke, I would like to see a lineup during games where he replaces Morris. Kyrie/Tyreke/Brown/Tatum/Horford would be a nightmare for opposing defenses.
#JKJB

« Reply #82 on: January 29, 2018, 09:43:09 AM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • Tommy Points: 2944
  • On To Banner 18!
How about, Yabusele + 2018 Boston First FOR Tyreke Evans + Future Memphis 2nd?

Helps since we likely won't have any 2nd round picks conveying the next few years (if it lands 56-60), and by trading 2018 BOS 1st and assuming Lakers pick doesn't convey, it would leave us with zero draft picks this summer.
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #83 on: January 29, 2018, 10:36:50 AM »

Offline KGs Knee

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 1544
I must say, it's rather impressive how Tyreke has been able to sort of re-invent himself this year.  I don't think there were too many people that thought he'd be putting up these type of numbers (19/5/5) as efficiently as he is.

« Reply #84 on: January 29, 2018, 10:42:56 AM »

Offline drogbagarnett

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 37
MEM gets Yabusele + Nader + 2019 BOS 1st
BOS gets Tyreke + a 2nd round pick

Then BOS picks up  Monroe with DPE.

Roster :

Kyrie Rozier Larkin
Brown Smart Eddie
Tatum Tyreke 2wayPlayer/Hayward
Theis  Morris Semi
Horford Monroe Baynes

I would keep this team for 2 years and have the owners pay the huge tax bill!!! Those guys are billionaires anyways!! You have to pay the money to win! My money is invested already so either it goes to the owners pocket and we wait for an elusive window of contention or it goes to the luxury tax bill to help put up the best team to knock Cavs and Warriors out of our way to banner 18!!

Also, we dont need 3 1st rd picks in 2019! Trade the worst of them to secure Tyreke.

Also, wait until horford is on his last year and check at the trade deadline if you can scoop his replacement (davis? Griffin? Etc...) if no deal can be done for a star PF, then keep Al at the cheapest possible... his game can age very well!

« Reply #85 on: January 29, 2018, 11:14:36 AM »

Offline trickybilly

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 618
I'd be hesitant to give up much of any value for Evans, as trading for him is likely to only be a rental.

He'll likely command a larger salary than we can offer him without using the 'non-taxpayer' MLE, which we probably won't have available.  I don't think the lesser 'taxpayer' MLE will be enough to re-sign Evans.

That's true, but what if it was like Rozier and a second rounder? I love Terry, but if we miracle our way into the finals, I know who I would prefer running the second unit. Let Evans walk after the year. We can always find another Larkin..
"Gimme the ball, gimme the ball". Freddy Quimby, 1994.

« Reply #86 on: January 29, 2018, 11:15:13 AM »

Offline mef730

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 911

Roster :

Kyrie Rozier Larkin
Brown Smart Eddie
Theis  Morris Semi
Horford Monroe Baynes

I would keep this team for 2 years and have the owners pay the huge tax bill!!! Those guys are billionaires anyways!! You have to pay the money to win! My money is invested already so either it goes to the owners pocket and we wait for an elusive window of contention or it goes to the luxury tax bill to help put up the best team to knock Cavs and Warriors out of our way to banner 18!!

Also, we dont need 3 1st rd picks in 2019! Trade the worst of them to secure Tyreke.

Also, wait until horford is on his last year and check at the trade deadline if you can scoop his replacement (davis? Griffin? Etc...) if no deal can be done for a star PF, then keep Al at the cheapest possible... his game can age very well!

I couldn't figure out where the third came from, so I went back and looked. We could actually end up with four:

Our pick
Sacramento (protected #1)
Clippers (protected #1-14)
Memphis (protected #1-8)

I'm not counting on them all to convert, but we do seem to have a few to spare.

Mike

« Reply #87 on: January 29, 2018, 11:42:46 AM »

Offline KGBirdBias

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 125

Roster :

Kyrie Rozier Larkin
Brown Smart Eddie
Theis  Morris Semi
Horford Monroe Baynes

I like this deal.

« Reply #88 on: January 29, 2018, 11:47:00 AM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • Tommy Points: 2944
  • On To Banner 18!

Roster :

Kyrie Rozier Larkin
Brown Smart Eddie
Theis  Morris Semi
Horford Monroe Baynes

I couldn't figure out where the third came from, so I went back and looked. We could actually end up with four:

Our pick
Sacramento (protected #1)
Clippers (protected #1-14)
Memphis (protected #1-8)

I'm not counting on them all to convert, but we do seem to have a few to spare.

Mike

Oh wow I didn't realize we had our own 2019 first rounder as well lol.

I'd love to package that instead of this year's first rounder. We'd still likely have 1 or 2 picks coming next year, and have 1 this year (assuming LAL Pick doesn't convey).
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #89 on: January 29, 2018, 11:48:33 AM »

Offline No Nickname

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 82
One reason to keep our own first rounder is in case of future trades for someone like AD.  We can't be stuck with the Stepien Rule.

If the Lakers' pick doesn't convey this year, and the C's trade their own #1 pick, then in 2018-19 we won't be able to trade multiple 1st round picks (leaving the C's with no 1st rounders for the second consecutive year). 

It's a lot of maybes, but it's still something to consider.