Author Topic: Tyreke Evans rumor  (Read 23618 times)

Re: Tyreke Evans rumor
« Reply #60 on: January 28, 2018, 09:48:09 PM »

Offline KGs Knee

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 1544
I think you have to do a DPE and Boston 2018 1st for Evans if you think you can make it to the Finals this year. Evans scoring punch, ability to rebound from the wing position and his very good passing skills coming off the bench for Boston makes them a serious threat to win it coming out of the East.

Also, if Evans loves the team, city and culture perhaps he takes a 3 year/$30+ million contract from Boston to stay. Heck if we are going to give that type of contract to either Evans or Smart next off season, I will take Evans every time. 

You can always use the MLE to resign Baynes or upgrade from him.

Lastly, who cares about a late 20's 1st round pick this year. We have almost too much youth on the team as is and could be in possession of 3 more 1st rounders in 2019. Let the players who are young grow and then decide if they are worth keeping over players we could draft in 2019.

I could see it being worth giving up our own pick for Evans as that pick stands to be somewhere around picks 27-29.

But there is no possible way we will be able to re-sign Evans to a contract around $10m per.

Yeah where is the 10M/Year offer from the C's coming from? I thought we could do it for Smart because of Bird Rights.

Yes, we have Full Bird Right's on Smart, which means we can go over the cap to re-sign Smart to any amount up to the 'max' for a player of his tenure.

Evans signed a 1 year deal with Memphis this past summer for $3.29m, meaning if we acquire him we will only have Non-Bird Right's, which would allow us to go over the cap to re-sign him to a contract of 120% of his previous contract, or $3.948m.  We could also use the MLE to re-sign Evans, but even the Non-Taxpayer MLE will only be roughly $8.5m, and we'll likely only have the lesser Taxpayer MLE available, which is only good for about $5m.

« Reply #61 on: January 28, 2018, 09:51:13 PM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 3175
I think you have to do a DPE and Boston 2018 1st for Evans if you think you can make it to the Finals this year. Evans scoring punch, ability to rebound from the wing position and his very good passing skills coming off the bench for Boston makes them a serious threat to win it coming out of the East.

Also, if Evans loves the team, city and culture perhaps he takes a 3 year/$30+ million contract from Boston to stay. Heck if we are going to give that type of contract to either Evans or Smart next off season, I will take Evans every time. 

You can always use the MLE to resign Baynes or upgrade from him.

Lastly, who cares about a late 20's 1st round pick this year. We have almost too much youth on the team as is and could be in possession of 3 more 1st rounders in 2019. Let the players who are young grow and then decide if they are worth keeping over players we could draft in 2019.

If The Celtics think they can make the finals then this trade for Evans with this year's Boston pick, makes sense. Any time you have a shot at the finals you have to take it. A lot of things can happen down the road. Kevin McHale played on a broken foot to take a shot at a title if all it costa to get that scorer off the bench is a very late 1st rounder, I'd do it.

« Reply #62 on: January 28, 2018, 09:54:14 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • Tommy Points: 2944
  • On To Banner 18!
It really does depend on Ainge's and Wyc's confidence level.

You notice how even the past few years, despite some good stretches, even they were honest about their chances in the playoffs and didn't think they could get past CLE, and also expressed some doubts about making the ECF.

Who knows about how they feel this year.
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #63 on: January 28, 2018, 09:55:38 PM »

Offline Sketch5

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 280
No chance we beat the Warriors without Hayward --> No need to waste trade assets on a rental.

Thanks, but no thanks.

For what ever reason we are one of the few teams that plays them very well. We almost pulled that off with out Smart to help on Curry and Thompson and Curry had to go off for 49 to win. Evans gives us good D and would give us much needed offense. So it would give us a chance.

Plus who said it would be a rental. Might be able to resign him, especially if Smarts on his way out.

« Reply #64 on: January 28, 2018, 10:07:08 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
That's right, we would need to sign Evans with the full DPE to be able to give him that 3 year/$30+ million contract next year.

Nevermind about trading for him with the DPE. Though....we could always trade that 1st rounder to Memphis for next to nothing after they buy out Evans. Wink wink.

« Reply #65 on: January 28, 2018, 10:09:09 PM »

Offline Jvalin

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 737
No chance we beat the Warriors without Hayward --> No need to waste trade assets on a rental.

Thanks, but no thanks.

For what ever reason we are one of the few teams that plays them very well. We almost pulled that off with out Smart to help on Curry and Thompson and Curry had to go off for 49 to win. Evans gives us good D and would give us much needed offense. So it would give us a chance.

Plus who said it would be a rental. Might be able to resign him, especially if Smarts on his way out.
No chance we beat the Warriors in a 7 game series without Hayward --> No need to waste trade assets on a rental.

Sound fair enough now?

Regarding your second point :

Evans signed a 1 year deal with Memphis this past summer for $3.29m, meaning if we acquire him we will only have Non-Bird Right's, which would allow us to go over the cap to re-sign him to a contract of 120% of his previous contract, or $3.948m.  We could also use the MLE to re-sign Evans, but even the Non-Taxpayer MLE will only be roughly $8.5m, and we'll likely only have the lesser Taxpayer MLE available, which is only good for about $5m.

« Reply #66 on: January 28, 2018, 10:17:10 PM »

Offline Smitty77

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 269
Danny has been infatuated with Tyreke since AT LEAST June of 2009!!!!

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/199951-tyreke-evans-to-boston-dealin-danny-ainge-on-the-prowl-again

Love how Jeff Clark thought that Rondo was going to be "special for many years to come!"  And RR did give us 6 MORE "SPECIAL" years in Boston after this!!  Great prediction Jeff!!!!!

http://www.espn.com/nba/player/stats/_/id/3026/rajon-rondo

Smitty77

« Reply #67 on: January 28, 2018, 10:21:39 PM »

Offline Sketch5

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 280

Thanks, but no thanks.

No chance we beat the Warriors in a 7 game series without Hayward --> No need to waste trade assets on a rental.

Sound fair enough now?

You so absolute on this. Of course there is a chance with a couple moves. 1st round pick for Evans, and then DPE for Monroe.

Plus DA most likely will go after him if he knows he has the ability to resign. I'm sure there is a way. And even if there wasn't, a late first round for Evans for 6 months is fine. Some times you roll the dice and take chances.

« Reply #68 on: January 28, 2018, 11:03:22 PM »

Offline Jvalin

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 737

Thanks, but no thanks.

Sound fair enough now?

You so absolute on this. Of course there is a chance with a couple moves. 1st round pick for Evans, and then DPE for Monroe.

Plus DA most likely will go after him if he knows he has the ability to resign. I'm sure there is a way. And even if there wasn't, a late first round for Evans for 6 months is fine. Some times you roll the dice and take chances.
Sorry, I didn't mean to sound absolute. All I'm saying is that imo we aren't ready yet.

Tatum is 19.
Brown is 21 (in his second year in the league).
Hayward is out for the season.

Meanwhile, the Warriors might be the best team in NBA history. They have 4 all-stars and 2 MVPs. Curry had to go off for 49 for them to win? Well, they have 3 players who can score 20+ points pretty much at will. Next time it will be KD. The time after that it will be Klay... Realistically speaking, I don't think we can beat them in a 7 game series.

Of course that's just my opinion. I totally see your point of view.
« Last Edit: January 28, 2018, 11:34:03 PM by Jvalin »

« Reply #69 on: January 28, 2018, 11:37:16 PM »

Offline Monkhouse

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 814
  • A true Celtic plays with heart.
It's definitely arrogant to believe even this healthy team can beat the Warriors. But we do match up beautifully, so it depends on what we can in terms of improving our roster. Evans is a first step to that. But he would probably go for a first round pick. Thing is, will other teams overpay to bring him in? I like Evans. He always had that no care 'swagger,' similar to Lance Stephenson.
"I bomb atomically, Socrates' philosophies and hypotheses
Can't define how I be dropping these mockeries."

Is the glass half-full or half-empty?
It's based on your perspective, quite simply
We're the same and we're not; know what I'm saying? Listen
Son, I ain't better than you, I just think different

« Reply #70 on: January 29, 2018, 12:41:12 AM »

Offline Snakehead

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 448
If there isn't much else out there offer wise for Evans, maybe it will happen for not much.  I think it would make sense.  There are other guys to pursue as well, but I think Evans would be the best option out there to grab.

I think he would help quite a bit, handling the ball and shooting.  Add him in with Smart and Rozier and I think Stevens can run 3 guard line ups he likes and still have spacing with Evans.
"I really don't want people to understand me." - Jordan Crawford

« Reply #71 on: January 29, 2018, 01:06:45 AM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
Trade idea

Jarrell Martin and Evans for Larkin, Yabusele, 2018 Celts 1st

« Reply #72 on: January 29, 2018, 02:04:19 AM »

Offline rondohondo

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1196
What if we coiuod get Tyreke and then Chandler gets bought out?

Kyrie.        Rozier
Jaylen.     Smart
Tatum.      Tyreke
Horford.     Morris
 Chandler.    Baynes

That's a legit title contender IMO. We add a go to scorer off the bench, and a rim protector. Chandler/Baynes are some big boys to hold down the Center spot.

I say it makes us favorites in the East, and could give GSW a real series in the finals and maybe pull the upset.

« Reply #73 on: January 29, 2018, 02:41:07 AM »

Offline Irish Stew

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 56

Kyrie.        Rozier
Jaylen.     Smart
Tatum.      Tyreke
Horford.     Morris
 Chandler.    Baynes

That's a legit title contender IMO. We add a go to scorer off the bench, and a rim protector. Chandler/Baynes are some big boys to hold down the Center spot.

I say it makes us favorites in the East, and could give GSW a real series in the finals and maybe pull the upset.
I'll be the glass half empty guy. While I agree that this would be a nice temporary talent addition to our team, I find it hard to use phrases like "legit title contender' and "favorite in the East" with a team that is 1-5 in it's last six games since England. Only one of our six opponents (GSW) will even have home court advantage in the first round. Unless, in spite of what they are saying in public, they believe that Hayward is likely to return this season at close to full speed, then i don't want to give up anything meaningful for temps. If no Hayward, I'm happy to wait for "buy out season" to begin since it's not my money.

« Reply #74 on: January 29, 2018, 02:42:55 AM »

Offline Rondo9

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 277

Kyrie.        Rozier
Jaylen.     Smart
Tatum.      Tyreke
Horford.     Morris
 Chandler.    Baynes

I'll be the glass half empty guy. While I agree that this would be a nice temporary talent addition to our team, I find it hard to use phrases like "legit title contender' and "favorite in the East" with a team that is 1-5 in it's last six games since England. Only one of our six opponents (GSW) will even have home court advantage in the first round. Unless, in spite of what they are saying in public, they believe that Hayward is likely to return this season at close to full speed, then i don't want to give up anything meaningful for temps. If no Hayward, I'm happy to wait for "buy out season" to begin since it's not my money.

They're in a slump but I think they'll get out.