Author Topic: Tyreke Evans rumor  (Read 23638 times)

Re: Tyreke Evans rumor
« Reply #45 on: January 28, 2018, 08:45:26 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 2954
  • On To Banner 18!
This article answers my question I think:

https://www.grizzlybearblues.com/2018/1/26/16932406/tyreke-evans-memphis-grizzlies-nba-trade-rumors

Via the MLE, Memphis could offer Evans something like a four-year $36.5 million deal, roughly $9 million per season. That comes closer to his value, but I’d be willing to bet there are teams out there who would offer more (potentially much more), and the Grizzlies will not offer anything greater than the MLE, especially if it puts the team over the luxury tax threshold.

Smitty77

We'd probably want to use the MLE to re-sign Baynes though... if we plan to use DPE to re-sign a Monroe next year for 125% raise.

Ugh idk all this cap conundrums are driving me insane...  :P

Perhaps true regarding Baynes!!  Do we have Bird Rights on Baynes?

Smitty77

No Bird rights for Baynes. We’re limited to the MLE, and depending on tax implications, perhaps less than that.

"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #46 on: January 28, 2018, 08:49:32 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Bill Russell
  • On To Banner 18!
You think we could trade Yabu + 2018 Boston First for Tyreke Evans + 2018 Memphis 2nd Rounder (or a future one)?

« Reply #47 on: January 28, 2018, 08:49:35 PM »

Offline KGs Knee

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 1544
This article answers my question I think:

https://www.grizzlybearblues.com/2018/1/26/16932406/tyreke-evans-memphis-grizzlies-nba-trade-rumors

Via the MLE, Memphis could offer Evans something like a four-year $36.5 million deal, roughly $9 million per season. That comes closer to his value, but I’d be willing to bet there are teams out there who would offer more (potentially much more), and the Grizzlies will not offer anything greater than the MLE, especially if it puts the team over the luxury tax threshold.

Smitty77

We'd probably want to use the MLE to re-sign Baynes though... if we plan to use DPE to re-sign a Monroe next year for 125% raise.

Ugh idk all this cap conundrums are driving me insane...  :P

Perhaps true regarding Baynes!!  Do we have Bird Rights on Baynes?

Smitty77

No Bird rights for Baynes. We’re limited to the MLE, and depending on tax implications, perhaps less than that.

Baynes' will have Non-Bird Right's this summer, technically a form of Bird Right's.  120% of his current salary is roughly the equivalent of the 'tax-payer' MLE.  I cannot imagine he'll command much more than that this summer.

« Reply #48 on: January 28, 2018, 08:54:41 PM »

Offline Vermont Green

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 870
I don't want to trade Smart for him as was mentioned, that is for sure.  I have some hesitation to use the DPE+Celtics Pick also, not because of the pick but I think we can get something more for the DPE.  That leaves trading Yabusele and maybe some future second round pick or something.

I have not seen Evans play in a while but his numbers look good.  I like the rumor.  With Conley out for the season, no reason for Memphis not to trade him.

« Reply #49 on: January 28, 2018, 09:00:16 PM »

Offline Jvalin

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 737
No chance we beat the Warriors without Hayward --> No need to waste trade assets on a rental.

Thanks, but no thanks.

« Reply #50 on: January 28, 2018, 09:00:30 PM »

Offline KGs Knee

• Frank Ramsey
I'd be hesitant to give up much of any value for Evans, as trading for him is likely to only be a rental.

He'll likely command a larger salary than we can offer him without using the 'non-taxpayer' MLE, which we probably won't have available.  I don't think the lesser 'taxpayer' MLE will be enough to re-sign Evans.

« Reply #51 on: January 28, 2018, 09:00:37 PM »

Offline Jvalin

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 737
double post

« Reply #52 on: January 28, 2018, 09:06:40 PM »

Offline tarheelsxxiii

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1389
Unless the FO determines that we have expendable assets, there's no reason for a rental that'd result in 1 or 2 more playoff wins.  GS again won the title before the season started. 
The Tarstradamus Group, LLC

« Reply #53 on: January 28, 2018, 09:07:48 PM »

Offline droopdog7

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 466
The problem is, if we trade 2018 Boston First, and the Lakers Pick doesn't convey, then we have ZERO first round draft picks for 2018 (WELP).

Might be why Ainge will be hesitant to make a trade and will instead look at the bought out players later on.

Why would losing a late 1st be a big deal? I don't get it. We don't need to have a 1st every year, especially one in the 25-30 range.

Exactly It may be a good thing for a year. We are overflowing with prospects, especially late 1st/second round pick prospects with guaranteed money. We don't need any more if we hope to contend the next few years.

It's a deep draft overall with a lot of intriguing names.

Don't forget, we also don't have a 2nd rounder I believe because if it lands 56-60, it goes elsewhere (I think OKC? Or Memphis)

I mean, dang, potentially not having a draft pick in this upcoming draft??

I think we could survive a  year with out a pick. Unless trades happen, next year we would still have Smart,Brown,Tatum,Rozier,Theis,Yabu,Nader,Semi,Allen,Bird for our 25 and under guys. It would be worth the late for Evans, especially if we can sign him on the cheap next season. Good Defender and can score and move the ball. He's still only 28, so he has a good 5 years left.

I wonder if this has to do with Smart punching the picture frame and while they had to "investigate" it. Can't tell people that they told him he could be traded to the Griz.

I'm under the impression that we won't re-sign Evans next year because he will get a ton in FA, so he's purely a rental.

Also I'm not saying Evans is a bad target or anything (I'd LOVE to acquire either him or Lou Williams if possible), but it's just w/o the Lakers Pick, you wonder if Ainge wants to deal what could be his only draft pick (between 26-30) of this summer.
I see it as a win win.  If I’m Ainge, I don’t want that late round pick at all.

« Reply #54 on: January 28, 2018, 09:11:28 PM »

Offline keevsnick

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 550
I think the move is Yabu+draft pick for Evans, save the DPE to sign a big like Monroe or Noel as a buy out. Don't know what the pick would be. A first for a player you likely can't resign seems steep, but we don't have a lot of seconds.

« Reply #55 on: January 28, 2018, 09:18:02 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2969
DA has always wanted him .

I would not be the least surprized .

This is beyound my score of BB knowledge for all the pros and cons

I just hope he chooses wisely

« Reply #56 on: January 28, 2018, 09:21:28 PM »

Offline spikelovetheCelts

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 113
  • Peace it's a board. We all will never agree.
The best thing is rumors are flying and the Celtics are now the most desirable destination. Evans on a Rental if we get a DPE too. We have a shot.  We showed last night we could hang with the Warriors. Smart would have held some points off Curry we win. I think we need to get Evans and a good buyout and Hope Hayward tells Danny he wants to play this year. All is well in Celtic Land.
"People look at players, watch them dribble between their legs and they say, 'There's a superstar.'  Well John Havlicek is a superstar, and most of the others are figments of writers' imagination."
--Jerry West, on John Havlicek

« Reply #57 on: January 28, 2018, 09:34:16 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
I think you have to do a DPE and Boston 2018 1st for Evans if you think you can make it to the Finals this year. Evans scoring punch, ability to rebound from the wing position and his very good passing skills coming off the bench for Boston makes them a serious threat to win it coming out of the East.

Also, if Evans loves the team, city and culture perhaps he takes a 3 year/$30+ million contract from Boston to stay. Heck if we are going to give that type of contract to either Evans or Smart next off season, I will take Evans every time. 

You can always use the MLE to resign Baynes or upgrade from him.

Lastly, who cares about a late 20's 1st round pick this year. We have almost too much youth on the team as is and could be in possession of 3 more 1st rounders in 2019. Let the players who are young grow and then decide if they are worth keeping over players we could draft in 2019.

« Reply #58 on: January 28, 2018, 09:37:47 PM »

Offline KGs Knee

• Frank Ramsey
I think you have to do a DPE and Boston 2018 1st for Evans if you think you can make it to the Finals this year. Evans scoring punch, ability to rebound from the wing position and his very good passing skills coming off the bench for Boston makes them a serious threat to win it coming out of the East.

Also, if Evans loves the team, city and culture perhaps he takes a 3 year/$30+ million contract from Boston to stay. Heck if we are going to give that type of contract to either Evans or Smart next off season, I will take Evans every time. 

Lastly, who cares about a late 20's 1st round pick this year. We have almost too much youth on the team as is and could be in possession of 3 more 1st rounders in 2019. Let the players who are young grow and then decide if they are worth keeping over players we could draft in 2019.

I could see it being worth giving up our own pick for Evans as that pick stands to be somewhere around picks 27-29.

But there is no possible way we will be able to re-sign Evans to a contract around $10m per.

« Reply #59 on: January 28, 2018, 09:39:43 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Bill Russell
  • On To Banner 18!

I could see it being worth giving up our own pick for Evans as that pick stands to be somewhere around picks 27-29.

But there is no possible way we will be able to re-sign Evans to a contract around $10m per.

Yeah where is the 10M/Year offer from the C's coming from? I thought we could do it for Smart because of Bird Rights.