Author Topic: Tyreke Evans rumor  (Read 23614 times)

Re: Tyreke Evans rumor
« Reply #30 on: January 28, 2018, 07:21:06 PM »

Offline RJ87

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1406
  • Let's Go Celtics!
Could someone tell me if it would be better for us to trade the DPE and a pick or two for him or to trade a player, pick, etc.?

How much could we offer him to re-sign him either way for next year? 

Thanks,

Smitty77

I'd prefer to trade a player for him. Maybe Yabu and our own 2018 1st. Keep the DPE available for the buyout market.
2021 Houston Rockets
PG: Kyrie Irving/Patty Mills/Jalen Brunson
SG: OG Anunoby/Norman Powell/Matisse Thybulle
SF: Gordon Hayward/Demar Derozan
PF: Giannis Antetokounmpo/Robert Covington
C: Kristaps Porzingis/Bobby Portis/James Wiseman

« Reply #31 on: January 28, 2018, 07:21:40 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • Tommy Points: 2944
  • On To Banner 18!
Could someone tell me if it would be better for us to trade the DPE and a pick or two for him or to trade a player, pick, etc.?

Thanks,

Smitty77

Idk about the potential contract offer for next year, but I'd love to trade for Tyreke Evans, then use that DPE on a buy-out signing like Monroe or Chandler. That helps us with TWO big needs (a depth big, and a bench scorer).

Honestly, using the DPE to swallow up Evans' contract is the better call in my opinion. I'd think Chandler or Monroe can be had for the league minimum if they're willing to sign with us.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think there was a thread here which stated that if a DPE was offered to say, Greg Monroe, then he could re-sign with us for next year at around 10-12M, and so it would be beneficial for us since we get Monroe for another year, and Monroe gets what he likely won't get on the open market.

Similar case with Chandler.

Again, I may be wrong here in this thinking.
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #32 on: January 28, 2018, 07:22:48 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • On To Banner 18!
The problem is, if we trade 2018 Boston First, and the Lakers Pick doesn't convey, then we have ZERO first round draft picks for 2018 (WELP).

Might be why Ainge will be hesitant to make a trade and will instead look at the bought out players later on.

Why would losing a late 1st be a big deal? I don't get it. We don't need to have a 1st every year, especially one in the 25-30 range.

Exactly It may be a good thing for a year. We are overflowing with prospects, especially late 1st/second round pick prospects with guaranteed money. We don't need any more if we hope to contend the next few years.

It's a deep draft overall with a lot of intriguing names.

Don't forget, we also don't have a 2nd rounder I believe because if it lands 56-60, it goes elsewhere (I think OKC? Or Memphis)

I mean, dang, potentially not having a draft pick in this upcoming draft??

Eh, we have what, 5 rookies on the team this year and 2 two-way rookies? Not to mention if we don't get the Lakers pick we could have a BUNCH of picks in 2019 including the Kings pick.

The 2019 draft is probably our last draft with a flush of options. Clippers Pick, Grizzlies Pick (maybe), and Kings Pick. After that, I think it's just our own picks from there on out (end of a "rebuilding era")  :P

« Reply #33 on: January 28, 2018, 07:27:40 PM »

Offline Smitty77

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 269
Fascinating tongue-in-cheek article about WHY the Grizzlies MUST trade Tyreke today OR yesterday if possible:

https://www.commercialappeal.com/story/sports/columnists/geoff-calkins/2018/01/24/memphis-grizzlies-must-trade-tyreke-evans/1059266001/

Smitty77

« Reply #34 on: January 28, 2018, 07:28:42 PM »

Offline RJ87

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Let's Go Celtics!

Thanks,

Smitty77

Idk about the potential contract offer for next year, but I'd love to trade for Tyreke Evans, then use that DPE on a buy-out signing like Monroe or Chandler. That helps us with TWO big needs (a depth big, and a bench scorer).

Honestly, using the DPE to swallow up Evans' contract is the better call in my opinion. I'd think Chandler or Monroe can be had for the league minimum if they're willing to sign with us.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think there was a thread here which stated that if a DPE was offered to say, Greg Monroe, then he could re-sign with us for next year at around 10-12M, and so it would be beneficial for us since we get Monroe for another year, and Monroe gets what he likely won't get on the open market.

Similar case with Chandler.

Again, I may be wrong here in this thinking.

We can resign him for 125% of his contract in the offseason. I think that'd work out to $10.5m.
2021 Houston Rockets

« Reply #35 on: January 28, 2018, 07:35:24 PM »

Offline csfansince60s

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 2238

Thanks,

Smitty77

Like the idea.

Proposed the same in the first thread on Smart's injury:

Hey, look at the bright side.

Regardless of how and why got hurt, he'll cost us less to resign.

He just cost himself a bunch of money (if it wasn't an accident).

Marcus for 10-12 for 5 years is palatable to me.

Or trade him right now for 'Reke, and use the DPE on a buyout like Monroe.
Modify message
/quote]

« Reply #36 on: January 28, 2018, 07:38:24 PM »

Offline blink

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1474
How much does everyone think it will take to resign Evans next year if we like how he fits?

I think that issue combined with what happens to the LA Lakers pick is the sticky situation.

If we get the lakers pick and say it is #2, hasn't it already been discussed that we might not be able to resign everyone?  I have heard it floated that we wouldn't be able to resign Smart.
If we add Evans doesn't that make next year worse, if we intend to try and resign Evans?

« Reply #37 on: January 28, 2018, 07:41:32 PM »

Offline Smitty77

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
This article answers my question I think:

https://www.grizzlybearblues.com/2018/1/26/16932406/tyreke-evans-memphis-grizzlies-nba-trade-rumors

Via the MLE, Memphis could offer Evans something like a four-year $36.5 million deal, roughly $9 million per season. That comes closer to his value, but I’d be willing to bet there are teams out there who would offer more (potentially much more), and the Grizzlies will not offer anything greater than the MLE, especially if it puts the team over the luxury tax threshold.

Smitty77

« Reply #38 on: January 28, 2018, 07:43:56 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • On To Banner 18!

https://www.grizzlybearblues.com/2018/1/26/16932406/tyreke-evans-memphis-grizzlies-nba-trade-rumors

Via the MLE, Memphis could offer Evans something like a four-year $36.5 million deal, roughly $9 million per season. That comes closer to his value, but I’d be willing to bet there are teams out there who would offer more (potentially much more), and the Grizzlies will not offer anything greater than the MLE, especially if it puts the team over the luxury tax threshold.

Smitty77

We'd probably want to use the MLE to re-sign Baynes though... if we plan to use DPE to re-sign a Monroe next year for 125% raise.

Ugh idk all this cap conundrums are driving me insane...  :P

« Reply #39 on: January 28, 2018, 07:48:12 PM »

Offline Smitty77

• NCE
  • Ray Allen

Smitty77

We'd probably want to use the MLE to re-sign Baynes though... if we plan to use DPE to re-sign a Monroe next year for 125% raise.

Perhaps true regarding Baynes!!  Do we have Bird Rights on Baynes?

Smitty77

« Reply #40 on: January 28, 2018, 08:09:26 PM »

Offline RJ87

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Let's Go Celtics!
How much does everyone think it will take to resign Evans next year if we like how he fits?

I think that issue combined with what happens to the LA Lakers pick is the sticky situation.

If we get the lakers pick and say it is #2, hasn't it already been discussed that we might not be able to resign everyone?  I have heard it floated that we wouldn't be able to resign Smart.
If we add Evans doesn't that make next year worse, if we intend to try and resign Evans?

Considering that Gordon will be back next year and will provide a more permanent solution to the issues we have and would be bringing over Tyreke to address, it won't be a compete killer if we can resign him.
« Last Edit: January 28, 2018, 08:19:06 PM by RJ87 »
2021 Houston Rockets

« Reply #41 on: January 28, 2018, 08:19:15 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • On To Banner 18!

Smitty77

Smitty77

I'm not sure.

Paging @salt!  ;D

« Reply #42 on: January 28, 2018, 08:35:54 PM »

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25629
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley

Smitty77

Smitty77

No Bird rights for Baynes. We’re limited to the MLE, and depending on tax implications, perhaps less than that.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #43 on: January 28, 2018, 08:38:22 PM »

Offline mef730

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 911

If the ping pong balls bounce our way and we do have that "problem," the first round of beers is on me to drown our sorrows. :)

Mike

« Reply #44 on: January 28, 2018, 08:39:53 PM »

Offline GreenWarrior

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 228
never been a big fan of evans but admit he's turned a corner this year. I am perfectly fine with losing our 1st rnd. pick as the chances of the player we draft there being worth anything is likely small.

also wouldn't be opposed to losing rozier or moving rozier to improve our front court.