Author Topic: Yabusele (and maybe our 2018 1st) for Luke Kennard  (Read 2673 times)

Re: Yabusele (and maybe our 2018 1st) for Luke Kennard
« Reply #15 on: January 28, 2018, 04:55:25 PM »

Offline csfansince60s

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 2238
Yabu is going to be a very good player. He will need a couple of years, but he will be a more valuable piece than Kennard in the long run.
Yes, in a couple of years he'll be a very good player in the Greek second league.

I'd be pretty surprised if Kennard wasn't an NBA player, barring injury, for a long time, especially since his game isn't predicated on elite metrics or athleticism.

In almost every game for Duke last year he was the BEST player on the floor, including our guy named Jayson, and he carried that team.

On a guard heavy Pistons team, his minutes are increasing from about 10-12 minutes early on in the season to 21 minutes per game ifor the past month, shooting 49% from 3 and 89% from the line.

I'd do Yabs and a pick for him. (not sure what pick). Never can have too many shooters, and he's real good at running his defender into a pick and rising up and getting his shot off quickly.

TP to the OP.

I like the idea.
« Last Edit: January 28, 2018, 05:07:44 PM by csfansince60s »

Re: Yabusele (and maybe our 2018 1st) for Luke Kennard
« Reply #16 on: January 28, 2018, 04:56:30 PM »

Offline saltlover

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2619
I can’t imagine why the Pistons would move Kennard.  He’s met expectations this season.