Author Topic: Yabusele (and maybe our 2018 1st) for Luke Kennard  (Read 2672 times)

Yabusele (and maybe our 2018 1st) for Luke Kennard
« on: January 28, 2018, 11:38:26 AM »

Offline Smitty77

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 269
https://basketball.realgm.com/tradechecker/saved_trade/7005013

Evidently, Luke has come up in trade rumors as the Pistons are imploding and likely ALMOST everyone is for sale!!!

He is shooting 43.8% from three!!!  He is solid and played at Duke under Coach K.

Solid defender.  Not a great athlete, but a heady defender!!

12.1 PER which is solid for a rookie!!

I would try just trading Yabs, but I would be willing to throw in our first this year if needed.

Smitty77

Re: Yabusele (and maybe our 2018 1st) for Luke Kennard
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2018, 11:58:39 AM »

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1254
I definitely think this player is underrated for no good reason. People look at him and instead of seeing JJ Redick they see Jimmer, which is stupid.

He was a McDs All American and was Mr Basketball Ohio twice. He's 2nd on the Ohio high school scoring list and Lebron is 4th. He was Parade National POY.  He was also Ohio's D3 offensive POY in football his junior year (didn't play senior year) and had a scholarship offer to Louisville before he stopped playing.

« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2018, 12:32:15 PM »

Offline osterhagen

• Xavier Tillman
  • Tommy Points: 5
https://www.hoopsrumors.com/2018/01/luke-kennard-drawing-trade-interest.html

This is the latest i have read about Kennard availability.

I don't see us having pieces to trade for Kennard. And if Pistons become sellers at the tradeline somehow, shouldn't they want to keep Kennard?

Kennards price is high. Something like Smart for Kennard and something more.

But i don't see us trading veterans for rookies.

« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2018, 01:30:23 PM »

Offline Smitty77

• NCE
  • Ray Allen

I don't see us having pieces to trade for Kennard. And if Pistons become sellers at the tradeline somehow, shouldn't they want to keep Kennard?

First, thank you for that link!!  Second, what do you think it might take to trade for him?

Smitty77

« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2018, 01:45:04 PM »

Offline osterhagen

• Xavier Tillman
  • Tommy Points: 5

First, thank you for that link!!  Second, what do you think it might take to trade for him?

Smitty77

Well in the link its said they are looking for wing help, but the time of the article is 11th of January, meaning their record changed a lot for the worse. Also he is a prospect playing 18 mpg. Yabu is a prospect who cant get more than 5 minutes a game, and not a wing player.

If they are looking for veteran players we got three that fit that criteria: Smart, Ojeyele and Morris. I think we can't trade Morris back to them. So that leaves Smart and Ojeyele. Smart has higher value than Kennard so we should get some sweetener from them and Ojeyele has lower value.

Ojeyele plus our first for Kennard is still little underpaid form our side, i think. But that's the blueprint to start the talks.

Though i don't see them trading Kennard for Ojeyele as he doesn't move the needle for them. And i don't see us trading core pieces for the future.

« Reply #5 on: January 28, 2018, 01:52:21 PM »

Offline Smitty77

• NCE
  • Ray Allen

Smitty77

Well in the link its said they are looking for wing help, but the time of the article is 11th of January, meaning their record changed a lot for the worse. Also he is a prospect playing 18 mpg. Yabu is a prospect who cant get more than 5 minutes a game, and not a wing player.

If they are looking for veteran players we got three that fit that criteria: Smart, Ojeyele and Morris. I think we can't trade Morris back to them. So that leaves Smart and Ojeyele. Smart has higher value than Kennard so we should get some sweetener from them and Ojeyele has lower value.

Ojeyele plus our first for Kennard is still little underpaid form our side, i think. But that's the blueprint to start the talks.

Though i don't see them trading Kennard for Ojeyele as he doesn't move the needle for them. And i don't see us trading core pieces for the future.

I personally think that Kennard could be a "core piece for the future" for us if we get him.  If Danny believes that, then he might give up something of value to get him.  I wish I knew what Danny thought of Luke in last year's draft!!  Did he EVER scout him?  We will never know, as he was likely there to watch Tatum!!  But, he likely saw him (and Tatum of course) play on several occasions!!  Wish I knew his thoughts.

When looking up Kennard's PER, which is 12.1, I noticed sadly that Bradley's PER is now DOWN to a 10.1!!!  That is sad to me!!!  Avery went from likely getting $20 million per year on average to the point where he will be VERY LUCKY to get 10-12 million per, especially with his off-court stuff of late.

Smitty77

« Reply #6 on: January 28, 2018, 01:57:47 PM »

Offline td450

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 254
Yabu is going to be a very good player. He will need a couple of years, but he will be a more valuable piece than Kennard in the long run.

« Reply #7 on: January 28, 2018, 02:18:19 PM »

Online RJ87

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1406
  • Let's Go Celtics!
Yabu is going to be a very good player. He will need a couple of years, but he will be a more valuable piece than Kennard in the long run.

Based on what?

Yabu's talent is intriguing, but he's not even getting regular garbage minutes at this point.
2021 Houston Rockets
PG: Kyrie Irving/Patty Mills/Jalen Brunson
SG: OG Anunoby/Norman Powell/Matisse Thybulle
SF: Gordon Hayward/Demar Derozan
PF: Giannis Antetokounmpo/Robert Covington
C: Kristaps Porzingis/Bobby Portis/James Wiseman

« Reply #8 on: January 28, 2018, 02:40:01 PM »

Offline konkmv

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 104
Keep the pick

« Reply #9 on: January 28, 2018, 02:40:56 PM »

Online Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • Tommy Points: 2944
  • On To Banner 18!
I have to admit... I had no clue who Luke Kennard was or that he's an NBA player for Detroit right now...
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #10 on: January 28, 2018, 02:57:27 PM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1294
Yes, in a couple of years he'll be a very good player in the Greek second league.
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

« Reply #11 on: January 28, 2018, 03:06:35 PM »

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman
Maybe it would be wiser to try to trade for Avery. Actually I'm not sure. I have no idea how much money he's making for how long

« Reply #12 on: January 28, 2018, 03:20:05 PM »

Offline hodgy03038

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 440
  • Marcus Smart #1 Fan
Maybe it would be wiser to try to trade for Avery. Actually I'm not sure. I have no idea how much money he's making for how long

He's making 8.8 mill and in last year of contract but I am not sure if you can trade back a player or if there is a time limit.

« Reply #13 on: January 28, 2018, 04:18:33 PM »

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman

He's making 8.8 mill and in last year of contract but I am not sure if you can trade back a player or if there is a time limit.
DPE?

« Reply #14 on: January 28, 2018, 04:22:09 PM »

Online Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • Tommy Points: 2944
  • On To Banner 18!

DPE?

There's no way the Celtics can trade for Avery this season.

There's a restriction that the Celtics can not re-acquire Avery Bradley until June 30, 2018 (which is when the restriction expires). So basically, not this season.

I think that applies to all the other players the C's traded (Crowder, Isaiah, etc.).
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller