Author Topic: IT says criticism is “not fair”  (Read 1073 times)

IT says criticism is “not fair”
« on: January 27, 2018, 03:57:26 PM »

Offline Monkhouse

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 814
  • A true Celtic plays with heart.
Thomas spoke after practice Saturday for the first time in a week, and he had much to say.

“We’ve been a lowest five defensive team in the NBA the whole time, so when I come back, it’s my fault now,” Thomas said. “Which, life isn’t fair, but that’s not fair, bro. At all."

Yeah, it was like that.

Below are Thomas' thoughts on everything from the team's poor play with him on the court, to his version of what he said to Love and why, to criticisms of his shot selection.

"What did you trade me here for? To not shoot? To not find my rhythm? To not be Isaiah Thomas? I can’t be anybody else," he said.

Yeah, follow along.

"You called out Kevin this week"
“To be real, I didn’t call him out," Thomas said.

"I asked him why wasn’t he at the game during the game supporting his teammates. And then after the game, I didn’t ask him because he wasn’t there. So I was seeing where he was. So I didn’t call him out any. So those reports that whoever is saying that, there’s no bad blood between me and him. We go back to fifth and sixth grade. I asked him a question where he was and it was never clarified. And that’s all it was.

"We’re not talking about Kevin Love’s illness," Thomas said, referring to Love's migraines. "We just didn’t know where he was, at the end of the day. And to be real, we didn’t know where he was. We didn’t know why he wasn’t on the bench supporting his teammates and why he wasn’t in the locker room after the game. And then he missed the next practice, which it still wasn’t addressed.

"So we wanted to address it when we seen him or when we came together and everybody was there. And that’s what it was. It was no bigger than that. Whoever reported that it was and we was bashing Kevin Love, there was nothing to bash him about, we just wanted to know where he was and why he didn’t play."

"So the rebound, I don’t (know). Did he say anything about the rebound?”
"Not on the record, no"
“And did you see I was smiling right after? Did you see that part? OK then," Thomas said. "Like, there’s nothing between me and Kevin Love. At all.”

"Are the Cavs dysfunctional?"
"It's bigger than what we talked about on Monday," Thomas said. "It’s bigger than that. Like, we got to be a better defensive team. We got to not be stagnant on offense in the fourth quarter. We got to do those type of things to be a better team overall.

"I don’t think that talk had anything to make us better. There was questions that wasn’t addressed.”

Is IT a bad fit in Cleveland?
"I mean, not as well as I want to right now but it’s going to take time," Thomas said. "Like, I’m in a whole new situation. I’m used to having the ball every play. I’m used to making most of the plays. So I got to figure out and this team has to figure out how we can use each other’s strengths and use that as a positive. And it’s going to work out. It just takes some time. And I’m not back to who I am.

"So, like, I’m trying to figure out how to play with LeBron. I’m trying to figure out how to play with Kevin Love. At the same time, trying to get my rhythm back in real, live action. So that’s going to take time. And, I mean, I’m not panicking. I don’t think anybody in this locker room is panicking, but the people outside this locker room. Which is fine, they’re entitled to their own opinion. But one thing about me, I’m going to keep pushing. I’m going to keep grinding. And it will work."

Interesting read if anyone else wants to take a look at it.

http://www.cleveland.com/cavs/index.ssf/2018/01/isaiah_thomas_says_theres_no_b.html
"I bomb atomically, Socrates' philosophies and hypotheses
Can't define how I be dropping these mockeries."

Is the glass half-full or half-empty?
It's based on your perspective, quite simply
We're the same and we're not; know what I'm saying? Listen
Son, I ain't better than you, I just think different

IT says criticism is “not fair”
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2018, 04:33:03 PM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25636
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
Isaiah Thomas explained himself: He says he is shouldering an undue amount of blame for the Cleveland Cavaliers' struggles.

"We've been a lowest five [rated] defensive team in the NBA the whole time [this season]," Thomas said after practice Saturday. "So when I come back, it's my fault now. Which, life isn't fair, but that's not fair, bro. At all. I just laugh at those things because I know in this circle and this team, everybody believes in each other and everybody's in here for it to work and for us to be playing in June. That's the ultimate goal."

"To be real, I didn't call him out," Thomas said of Love. "I asked him why wasn't he at the game during the game supporting his teammates. And then after the game, I didn't [get to] ask him because he wasn't there. So I was seeing where he was. So I didn't call him out any. So those reports that whoever is saying that, there's no bad blood between me and him. We go back to fifth and sixth grade [as AAU teammates]. I asked him a question where he was and it was never clarified. And that's all it was. ...

"Whoever reported that it was, and we was bashing Kevin Love, there was nothing to bash him about. We just wanted to know where he was and why he didn't play."

Thomas was also asked about Love delivering him a pass off a defensive rebound early in the Pacers game, when the 6-foot-9 Love bent down to present the ball to the 5-foot-9 Thomas in an exaggerated fashion -- not unlike a parent bending down to give a gift to a child sitting by the tree on Christmas morning.

A team source suggested to ESPN that it was a clear sign of Love trying to embarrass Thomas in the aftermath of the meeting.

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/22235131/isaiah-thomas-cleveland-cavaliers-says-not-responsible-team-defensive-woes

IT should know by now that nobody is going to be sympathetic to a millionaire whining about fairness. That doesn’t win you respect with anybody, and will only inflame things more.

I love the guy, and there’s some truth to his words, but he needs to ignore the media.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

Re: IT says criticism is “not fair”
« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2018, 04:38:28 PM »

Offline hodgy03038

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 440
  • Marcus Smart #1 Fan
One thing that IT should have learned in his time in Boston is ignore the media and say nothing negative like the Patriots do and the Celtics seem to do as well.

« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2018, 04:39:37 PM »

Offline Monkhouse

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 814
  • A true Celtic plays with heart.
Thanks for separating and making it my own thread, Roy.  :police:

I didn't know if it was worth creating a new one, or expanding on the Cavalier's thread.

This all boils down to Lebron's leadership...

Notice how everyone else is slowly becoming the scapegoat, and not once has Lebron come out publicly to defend anyone or say something along the lines of, "It's on me. I have to be more vocal and communicate more on defense to my teammates to get them in the right spots."

Lebron's adamant refusal to talk to the media with a dumbfoundead, "I don't want to talk about it." Usually leads reporters to try to jump at anything juicy that could possibly unravel the main issues with the Cavs. I've always come to respect and hate Lebron's game without the constant flopping or whining to refs. But something that I have noticed and learned to immensely dislike is Lebron's lack of leadership... During his Heat days, Lebron never seemed to confidently push his team as a leader, but from the looks of it, Haslem, Wade, and Juwan Howard seemed to play those veteran roles to a T.

EDIT:

Lebron seems to create teams that supplant his ego. If he doesn't get what he wants, its understood that he could force his way out. He has to have all the leverage in his hand, and presumably seems to just be someone most people wouldn't prefer to play with. He brought in J.R. Smith, forced Griffin to re-sign TT for that ridiculous contract. Bring in Kyle Korver, Wade, and tried to unsuccessfully vie to drag Perkins into an already Old Timer lineup.
« Last Edit: January 27, 2018, 04:54:02 PM by Monkhouse »
"I bomb atomically, Socrates' philosophies and hypotheses
Can't define how I be dropping these mockeries."

Is the glass half-full or half-empty?
It's based on your perspective, quite simply
We're the same and we're not; know what I'm saying? Listen
Son, I ain't better than you, I just think different

« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2018, 04:45:11 PM »

Offline Vermont Green

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 860
It isn't fair criticism but IT needs to respond better as well.  Step up your PR game IT.

« Reply #5 on: January 27, 2018, 04:59:31 PM »

Offline Eddie20

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 975
IT's being exposed, but he doesn't do himself many favors with some of his interviews.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=7ge-OQ8-K7w