Author Topic: Kawhi Leonard  (Read 12152 times)

Re: Kawhi Leonard
« Reply #60 on: February 27, 2018, 12:02:25 PM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1533
Hasn't it been reported that Kawhi is returning to the Spurs and that he should be playing again in March?
Yep, but it doesn't mean he won't be traded this summer.  What if the Spurs don't offer the super max extension or what if Kawhi turns it down?
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #61 on: February 27, 2018, 01:47:02 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • Tommy Points: 2923
  • On To Banner 18!
Hasn't it been reported that Kawhi is returning to the Spurs and that he should be playing again in March?
Yep, but it doesn't mean he won't be traded this summer.  What if the Spurs don't offer the super max extension or what if Kawhi turns it down?

Oh okay. I just figured that the trade rumors resulted from Kawhi's discontent, but with him returning and how the Spurs are playing, that would squash the trade rumors for the most part.
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #62 on: April 03, 2018, 12:03:07 PM »

Offline jbpats

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 406
Sorry if this is a dupe but Jalen Rose also put out the hypothetical trade a few have mentioned.
https://nesn.com/2018/04/kawhi-leonard-to-celtics-jalen-rose-floats-blockbuster-trade-idea/?src=rss

« Reply #63 on: April 03, 2018, 04:10:46 PM »

Offline the_gunner

• Payton Pritchard
  • Tommy Points: 3
I'm not sure I really did understand, what Jalen Rose was really saying. Did he actually say, that we could somehow get Kawhi for Smart and Rozier + fillers. Well if that's the case he must really be in bad standing and he might be interesting to take a look at.

The dream scenario is that both Anthony Davis and Kawhi will force themselves out of their franchises and we can sign them for a reasonable deal.

My sort of realistic trade would be like this http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=y9crtzco

To make the deal happen we should send "the lakers pick", and Spurs should send a 1st both to the Pelicans.

We would have a contending team next season and I think the team would have a chance of making it.

« Reply #64 on: April 03, 2018, 04:22:41 PM »

Offline MattyIce

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 740
I'm not sure I really did understand, what Jalen Rose was really saying. Did he actually say, that we could somehow get Kawhi for Smart and Rozier + fillers. Well if that's the case he must really be in bad standing and he might be interesting to take a look at.

The dream scenario is that both Anthony Davis and Kawhi will force themselves out of their franchises and we can sign them for a reasonable deal.

My sort of realistic trade would be like this http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=y9crtzco

To make the deal happen we should send "the lakers pick", and Spurs should send a 1st both to the Pelicans.

We would have a contending team next season and I think the team would have a chance of making it.

sorry but lol.  pels trade AD for that?

« Reply #65 on: April 03, 2018, 04:32:10 PM »

Offline the_gunner

• Payton Pritchard
  • Tommy Points: 3
Only if he is forcing himself out of New Orleans. It might take another 1st, and we can also move Rozier to Pelicans instead of to the Spurs.

Players in this calibre only get moved if they are really forcing a move, and no team can make a better deal for AD than us.

« Reply #66 on: April 04, 2018, 11:50:22 AM »

Offline Fireworks_Boom!

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 57
2 Trades:

1. A. Horford/J. Tatum/M. Smart/Kings Pick for A. Davis/Mirotic
2. J. Brown/M. Morris/T. Rozier/G. Monroe/Memphis Pick for K. Leonard

New Lineup:
PG: K. Irving
SG: K. Leonard
SF: G. Hayward
PF: A. Davis
C: A. Baynes (resigned)

Bench: D. Theis, S. Ojeleye, G. Yabusele, S. Larkin, K. Allen

Obviously, I'm smoking dope. But my goodness that team. The K. Leonard package isn't enough. And I'm giving her all I got captain...

« Reply #67 on: April 04, 2018, 12:38:02 PM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion
2 Trades:

New Lineup:

Obviously, I'm smoking dope. But my goodness that team. The K. Leonard package isn't enough. And I'm giving her all I got captain...
4 max contracts is pretty impossible, but yikes, that is a dreamy fantasy team
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #68 on: April 04, 2018, 12:40:05 PM »

Offline wdleehi

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1607
  • Basketball is Newtonian Physics
2 Trades:

New Lineup:

Do the Celtics have the rights to sign and trade Monroe?

« Reply #69 on: April 04, 2018, 12:48:29 PM »

Offline ZoneD

• The Green Kornet
  • Tommy Points: 12
If the NBA has taught me anything over the past few years it's that teams who are backed into a corner of trading their superstar never get adequate value for them. That said, I would strongly resist the urge to trade either Tatum or Brown for Kawhi. You might not have a choice in the end but let's not act like San Antonio can negotiate from a place of leverage and demand all or several of our best assets.

« Reply #70 on: April 04, 2018, 12:50:47 PM »

Offline GreenEnvy

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 1031
I now have really high hopes for both Brown and Tatum. I think both CAN be all-stars.

That said, if the opportunity presents itself to move one (with Rozier?) for a superstar like AD or Kawhi, you have to do it.

Moving both may shorten your window significantly (due to age and contracts), but I think that window gets pulled wide open. I don’t see how you can compete with that team. Kawhi makes more sense, as I don’t love a Horford/Davis frontcourt too much. But playing Al at center with some combo of Hayward/Morris/Kawhi/Tatum at PF seems fine to me.

We honestly may not even need to make any deal if Brown and Tatum continue improving. They are already really good players. They take the next step and they will be great. We already have 3 all-stars around them. It’s not unreasonable to believe we could be sitting with the best record in basketball had we been reasonably healthy this season. Brad has this team playing the right way, we just keep losing bodies.
CELTICS 2024

« Reply #71 on: April 04, 2018, 01:01:08 PM »

Offline Surferdad

• Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 972
  • "He fiddles...and diddles..."
If the NBA has taught me anything over the past few years it's that teams who are backed into a corner of trading their superstar never get adequate value for them. That said, I would strongly resist the urge to trade either Tatum or Brown for Kawhi. You might not have a choice in the end but let's not act like San Antonio can negotiate from a place of leverage and demand all or several of our best assets.
That's what I used to think too, but it's not exactly correct.  As long as there is competition with multiple teams interested in Kawhi (and why shouldn't there be?), the team with the best offer should win.  That may not be "adequate value" but it's still A LOT better than nothing.

Cleveland was in the same situation with Kyrie, and they ended up with a decent haul, some of which were further flipped for Rodney Hood, Jordan Clarkson, etc.

« Reply #72 on: April 04, 2018, 02:21:37 PM »

Offline playdream

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 88
That's what I used to think too, but it's not exactly correct.  As long as there is competition with multiple teams interested in Kawhi (and why shouldn't there be?), the team with the best offer should win.  That may not be "adequate value" but it's still A LOT better than nothing.

Cleveland was in the same situation with Kyrie, and they ended up with a decent haul, some of which were further flipped for Rodney Hood, Jordan Clarkson, etc.
Not if Kawhi and AD made it clear they won't sign extension besides boston

« Reply #73 on: April 04, 2018, 02:21:38 PM »

Offline Humble G

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 983
As bad as it may look I think we would need to trade horford to get kawhi.  I'm not sure the Spurs would want another aging PF in Horford BUT I think Horford would fit well in Portland...so maybe a three team trade.

Not sure how but this is my idea with pick(s) going to SA.
http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=y92gafb4