Author Topic: DeMarcus Cousins is out for the rest of the season with torn left achilles  (Read 14728 times)

Re: DeMarcus Cousins is out for the rest of the season with torn left achilles
« Reply #105 on: January 29, 2018, 09:38:32 AM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25636
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
I know we get on Stevens a lot for his love of rotations but limiting players minutes is important. Fatigue and overuse is a problem over the course of a long season.
I don’t really see how this is relevant to Cousins though.  He plays with the intensity of a walk through.  The amazing thing is that he can get you 30 and 15 with such little effort.

I think this is a false conclusion.  Boogie ran the 7th most miles of any center this year, just barely behind Horford and Steven Adams. He was 5th in miles run on defense.

He’s still putting a ton of wear and tear on his body.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #106 on: January 29, 2018, 11:46:20 AM »

Offline azzenfrost

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 177
Style of play?
I moved the cheese.

« Reply #107 on: January 29, 2018, 12:27:01 PM »

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 789
I know we get on Stevens a lot for his love of rotations but limiting players minutes is important. Fatigue and overuse is a problem over the course of a long season.
I don’t really see how this is relevant to Cousins though.  He plays with the intensity of a walk through.  The amazing thing is that he can get you 30 and 15 with such little effort.
This is the first time I've ever heard cousins doesn't play intense.

He bangs down low for offensive and defensive rebounds, he runs around all over the place To defend the perimeter on switches, and his height and weight alone means when he's playing 40 mpg no matter what play style it will be intense

« Reply #108 on: January 29, 2018, 12:38:17 PM »

Offline saltlover

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2619

He bangs down low for offensive and defensive rebounds, he runs around all over the place To defend the perimeter on switches, and his height and weight alone means when he's playing 40 mpg no matter what play style it will be intense

Really? You’ve never heard that before?  Is this the first thread on Cousins that you’ve ever read on Celticsblog?  Without taking a stance on whether or not it’s accurate, it’s certisnly not an uncommon opinion.

« Reply #109 on: January 29, 2018, 02:20:21 PM »

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 789

Really? You’ve never heard that before?  Is this the first thread on Cousins that you’ve ever read on Celticsblog?  Without taking a stance on whether or not it’s accurate, it’s certisnly not an uncommon opinion.
haha you're right. Tp. The funny thing is I made the thread the other day showing how he gave up playing for a few minutes cuz he didn't get a foul call

idk how but I forgot he does these things

« Reply #110 on: January 29, 2018, 04:49:46 PM »

Offline PAOBoston

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 533
How is it not relevant? The article posted a few posts ago mentioned he was almost averaging 40 minutes per game in his last 10 games. It's pretty excessive,  especially for a big man.

« Reply #111 on: January 29, 2018, 04:54:54 PM »

Offline celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1386
How is it not relevant? The article posted a few posts ago mentioned he was almost averaging 40 minutes per game in his last 10 games. It's pretty excessive,  especially for a big man.

I was surprised to see those numbers. Definitely was not a good situation

« Reply #112 on: January 29, 2018, 06:37:44 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club

I think this is a false conclusion.  Boogie ran the 7th most miles of any center this year, just barely behind Horford and Steven Adams. He was 5th in miles run on defense.

Well there's running back on defense and then there's what Cousins does. He kinda of saunters back on defense and that's when he isn't taking forever to get back up off the floor or isn't still complaining to the refs while standing there or walking slowly back.

Offline Androslav

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 528

Well there's running back on defense and then there's what Cousins does. He kinda of saunters back on defense and that's when he isn't taking forever to get back up off the floor or isn't still complaining to the refs while standing there or walking slowly back.
Cousins fans (me included) and lovers (me excluded) - please note that the Pels are no worse without his contributions.
27-25 before the injury, 17-11 since he went down.
Sure, he can score 26 PPG, grab 12 RPG and still it is all worthless if it doesn't change your team's performance in a positive manner.
Empty counting stats.
I am sure that many believe that Mirotić is an inferior player (talent-wise I agree), but the on-court product is no worse.

Give the ball more to Jrue, (7 APG since February, 5,2 before)
Let AD score more, (30.8 PPG since February, 26,4 before)
Niko will space
And Gentry will know what to expect each game (no early 2 PF foul trouble, no 2 technicals, no sleeping in transition D, no getting out of shape after 2 months, no weak body language)

And you get to that 17-11

So is Cousins worth 25-30 mils yearly?
Even before this tough injury, I'd say a resounding - No.
Will he get it?
We will see, but that is a different pair of trousers.
« Last Edit: April 06, 2018, 07:39:57 AM by Androslav »
"The joy of the balling under the rims."

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion

Cousins fans (me included) and lovers (me excluded) - please note that the Pels are no worse without his contributions.
Sure, he can score 26 PPG, grab 12 RPG and still it is all worthless if it doesn't change your team's performance in a positive manner.
Empty counting stats.
I am sure that many believe that Mirotić is an inferior player (talent-wise I agree), but the on-court product is no worse.

Niko will space
And Gentry will know what to expect each game (no early 2 PF foul trouble, no 2 technicals, no sleeping in transition D, no getting out of shape after 2 months, no weak body language)

Will he get it?
Lol, what a ridiculous way to represent the Pels season. So much of this isn’t even based in reality.

In a world where Jrue Holiday, Mike Conley and Al Horford are worth $25m+ then Cousins is without a doubt.
To disagree with that is straight up foolish, just like the post
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

Offline tazzmaniac

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 549

Empty counting stats.

Niko will space

Will he get it?
The Pels were 27-21 in games Cousins played and 17-13 so far in the games he didn't.  They were 18-18 at the beginning of this year.  In January they went 9-3 before Cousins got hurt.  Mirotic has performed worse for the Pels than the Bulls (3pt% dropped from 42.9 to 30.8).  Might they be locked into the playoffs already if they hadn't lost Cousins? 

Before the injury depending on the team, I think he would have been worth 25M.  Especially for the Pels who don't have any cap room even if they let him go.  With the Achilles injury, I don't see how any team pays him much at all.  He's going to miss a lot of next season even if his recovery goes well which is far from certain. 

Offline Somebody

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 560
  • STAND FIRM, SAY NO TO VIBE MEN
LET'S TRADE FOR COUSINS 🤣
Jaylen Brown for All-NBA

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1294
Sure, how about Irving and Tatum?
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

Offline PAOBoston

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 533
Sure, how about Irving and Tatum?
Should thrown in Brown too as filler.

Offline Androslav

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 528

Empty counting stats.

Niko will space

Will he get it?
Lol, what a ridiculous way to represent the Pels season. So much of this isn’t even based in reality.

In a world where Jrue Holiday, Mike Conley and Al Horford are worth $25m+ then Cousins is without a doubt.
To disagree with that is straight up foolish, just like the post

I might have mixed up their record, at the time, by a game or two,
but my points, especially Mirotić one sticks.
He does impact winning more than DMC.
Jrue looks like a free-man with the ball in his hands more.
AD is AD of course as always, no player can diminish him.
« Last Edit: April 20, 2018, 03:25:56 AM by Androslav »
"The joy of the balling under the rims."