Author Topic: DeMarcus Cousins is out for the rest of the season with torn left achilles  (Read 14729 times)

Re: DeMarcus Cousins is out for the rest of the season with torn left achilles
« Reply #90 on: January 27, 2018, 02:30:39 PM »

Offline RJ87

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1406
  • Let's Go Celtics!
Jesus guys, Demarcus just suffered a season ending injury that very well could be career altering, can we at least give it 24 hours before we start salivating over Anthony Davis like tactless vultures?

Why? Are sport related/non-life threatening injuries part of the grieving process?
apparently we're supposed to hold hands and sing kumbaya for 24 hrs for cousins before we can discuss basketball

Don't have to sing Kumbaya , just have some respect for the work these athletes put in to get here and compassion when that hard work is threatened. Perhaps because I work with athletes and see how these injuries impact them, I've developed a heart.

Nobody here posted that they were glad that Cousins was injured. In fact, I would reason that most feel it's unfortunate. However, you come off as really self righteous when you start calling people on this thread "tactless vultures" that have to adhere to some mythical 24 hour grace period.

Tbe 24 hour part was sarcasm. Should've used sarcasm font. I do think it's vulture like to immediately try to think of ways to benenfit from someone else's misfortune, but apologies if you find that to be self-righteous.
2021 Houston Rockets
PG: Kyrie Irving/Patty Mills/Jalen Brunson
SG: OG Anunoby/Norman Powell/Matisse Thybulle
SF: Gordon Hayward/Demar Derozan
PF: Giannis Antetokounmpo/Robert Covington
C: Kristaps Porzingis/Bobby Portis/James Wiseman

« Reply #91 on: January 27, 2018, 03:03:46 PM »

Offline MichaelJ

• Oshae Brissett
  • Tommy Points: 3
Jesus guys, Demarcus just suffered a season ending injury that very well could be career altering, can we at least give it 24 hours before we start salivating over Anthony Davis like tactless vultures?

Why? Are sport related/non-life threatening injuries part of the grieving process?
apparently we're supposed to hold hands and sing kumbaya for 24 hrs for cousins before we can discuss basketball

Don't have to sing Kumbaya , just have some respect for the work these athletes put in to get here and compassion when that hard work is threatened. Perhaps because I work with athletes and see how these injuries impact them, I've developed a heart.

Do you know him?  Neither do I.  His financial needs are met for life, that’s more than you can say for the vast majority of people on the planet.  Dreams are for children and wringing our hands over the ‘dreams’ of a wealthy athlete is pathetic.  I’m not happy he’s hurt, but I do hope that this makes Davis to Boston a possibility.
Fans need to stop acting like pro athletes are members of their own families.  Grow up.  Mickey Mantle doesn’t care about you.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=kFHO18vFc8o

« Reply #92 on: January 27, 2018, 03:19:39 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
Cousins was one of the slowest players up the court getting back on defense before the injury. Can only imagine how slow he will be post injury.

« Reply #93 on: January 27, 2018, 03:33:47 PM »

Offline PAOBoston

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 533
Sad b/c he was having a great season.

Over/under: Ainge called the Pels already after the injury to inquire about Davis?

« Reply #94 on: January 27, 2018, 03:43:37 PM »

Offline Monkhouse

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 814
  • A true Celtic plays with heart.
Sad b/c he was having a great season.

Over/under: Ainge called the Pels already after the injury to inquire about Davis?

99.99% positive Ainge called Demps, to which Demps resoundingly screamed, "You think you're SPECIAL!??!"

Slams the phone with spittle cascading all throughout the room like a lost blizzard, to which Jeanne Brown waits patiently and then reponses softly, "I think he was gonna say something else."

Demps snorts in a retort conscendingly, "When you get the answer you're looking for, hang up."

"I bomb atomically, Socrates' philosophies and hypotheses
Can't define how I be dropping these mockeries."

Is the glass half-full or half-empty?
It's based on your perspective, quite simply
We're the same and we're not; know what I'm saying? Listen
Son, I ain't better than you, I just think different

« Reply #95 on: January 27, 2018, 04:00:25 PM »

Offline rondohondo

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1196
Would you trade Horford, Tatum and LA/ kings pick for Davis? That likely what it would take

Kyrie.      Rozier
Jaylen.     Smart
Hayward.  ?
Morris.       Semi
Davis.         Theis

Not sure that makes us favorites and wouldn't have much else to move for upgrade at PF....

« Reply #96 on: January 27, 2018, 04:09:40 PM »

Offline Monkhouse

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 814
  • A true Celtic plays with heart.
Would you trade Horford, Tatum and LA/ kings pick for Davis? That likely what it would take

Kyrie.      Rozier
Jaylen.     Smart
Hayward.  ?
Morris.       Semi
Davis.         Theis

Not sure that makes us favorites and wouldn't have much else to move for upgrade at PF....

I don't blink.

Would you?

I would try to target someone like Noel, but I don't know what his intentions are in the FA, to put next to Davis so he can stay at the 4.
"I bomb atomically, Socrates' philosophies and hypotheses
Can't define how I be dropping these mockeries."

Is the glass half-full or half-empty?
It's based on your perspective, quite simply
We're the same and we're not; know what I'm saying? Listen
Son, I ain't better than you, I just think different

« Reply #97 on: January 27, 2018, 04:20:28 PM »

Offline hodgy03038

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 440
  • Marcus Smart #1 Fan

Kyrie.      Rozier
Jaylen.     Smart
Hayward.  ?
Morris.       Semi
Davis.         Theis

Replace Tatum with Jaylen and I would do it.

« Reply #98 on: January 27, 2018, 04:58:26 PM »

Offline playdream

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 88

Kyrie.      Rozier
Jaylen.     Smart
Hayward.  ?
Morris.       Semi
Davis.         Theis

Replace Tatum with Jaylen and I would do it.
This

« Reply #99 on: January 27, 2018, 05:39:12 PM »

Offline Emmette Bryant

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 286

TP for empathy

« Reply #100 on: January 28, 2018, 04:58:53 PM »

Offline spikelovetheCelts

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 113
  • Peace it's a board. We all will never agree.
Cousins will not be the same. It is sad. Hopefully he had a good insurance policy. He is already slow and the NBA is going Small. If I was the Pels. I would give him good money for 2 years and a Team option for Year Three. He is not going to play until January next year anyway and it will take a year to see. I would make sure he had the best Achillis people around him. I would see Gay's Doctor for sure and not Jennings. 
"People look at players, watch them dribble between their legs and they say, 'There's a superstar.'  Well John Havlicek is a superstar, and most of the others are figments of writers' imagination."
--Jerry West, on John Havlicek

« Reply #101 on: January 29, 2018, 06:54:51 AM »

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 789
A good post

The marathon outing may have been particularly grueling because Cousins had been pushing his body into uncharted territory. Heading into that game, Cousins had been averaging a whopping 39.8 minutes per game in his previous 10 contests. He played in four overtimes in a nine-day span.

In sum, January was Cousins’ most taxing month of his career (in months with at least five games played)—he registered a career-high 38.3 minutes per game. Friday’s game was Cousins’ fourth in seven days.

Cousins this month? He was playing approximately 80.2 possessions a night when you factor in that the Pelicans have averaged 101.5 possessions, one of the speediest in the league. More possession than other big men similar to Cousins body have played in the modern era.

After a recent Pelicans game this occurred:

"My strength coach had the nerve to ask me, do I want to lift after this game? I almost lost it,” Cousins told the Associated Press’ Brett Martel after the game. “If I had some energy, we would have fought.”

I was discussing this with my friend whom his a doctor of physical therapy from USC. He told me:

The human body has an amazing potential to bounce back. But it needs time to repair itself. If you don’t allow the body time for minor healing to occur, then major injuries will occur. That’s what happened to Kobe. That’s what happened to Cousins.

« Reply #102 on: January 29, 2018, 07:54:48 AM »

Offline PAOBoston

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 533
I know we get on Stevens a lot for his love of rotations but limiting players minutes is important. Fatigue and overuse is a problem over the course of a long season.

« Reply #103 on: January 29, 2018, 08:34:20 AM »

Offline Androslav

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 528
I know we get on Stevens a lot for his love of rotations but limiting players minutes is important. Fatigue and overuse is a problem over the course of a long season.
TP.
Years, not minutes.
"The joy of the balling under the rims."

« Reply #104 on: January 29, 2018, 08:51:20 AM »

Offline moiso

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 441
I don’t really see how this is relevant to Cousins though.  He plays with the intensity of a walk through.  The amazing thing is that he can get you 30 and 15 with such little effort.