Author Topic: DeMarcus Cousins is out for the rest of the season with torn left achilles  (Read 14862 times)

Re: DeMarcus Cousins is out for the rest of the season with torn left achilles
« Reply #15 on: January 27, 2018, 12:32:19 AM »

Offline jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2922
Now Davis is officially on the market, but should we acquire him?

Yeah, I’m not sure that this automatically puts him on the market, but it certainly clouds their future significantly, especially given that this is Boogie’s contract year.

And with as big, heavy, and mobile Boogie is, it might be fair to assume he’ll have an even longer and tougher road back to his peak. We’ll know more tomorrow after his MRI, but you never know. Davis isn’t just going to want to toil around on a team with no chance at competing either, depending on how long recovery is expected to be.

« Reply #16 on: January 27, 2018, 12:34:13 AM »

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 789

Yeah, I’m not sure that this automatically puts him on the market, but it certainly clouds their future significantly, especially given that this is Boogie’s contract year.

And with as big, heavy, and mobile Boogie is, it might be fair to assume he’ll have an even longer and tougher road back to his peak. We’ll know more tomorrow after his MRI, but you never know. Davis isn’t just going to want to toil around on a team with no chance at competing either, depending on how long recovery is expected to be.
Davis could put himself on the market like Kyrie did. Remember what Davis said this off season?  This is the final season where the team has to be competitive or he will look for greener pastures

I agree with you, this might be it. Why would Davis want to wait and gamble with whether boogie will ever be the same in a year?

Plus, boogie is a free agent. Who knows if he will even be back
« Last Edit: January 27, 2018, 12:51:08 AM by CelticsElite »

« Reply #17 on: January 27, 2018, 12:57:01 AM »

Offline LilRip

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 392
Poor guy. You hate to see injuries happen, especially potentially career-changing ones. I hope he makes a swift recovery!

- LilRip

« Reply #18 on: January 27, 2018, 01:01:48 AM »

Offline CELTICSofBOSTON

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 73
Horford, Brown, Lakers/Kings, and Memphis is a decent package for Anthony Davis but I don't think New Orleans will trade him just yet.

« Reply #19 on: January 27, 2018, 01:16:26 AM »

Offline rondofan1255

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 527
Sources: MRI on Pelicans All-Star DeMarcus Cousins revealed a full rupture of his left Achilles tendon.

https://twitter.com/ShamsCharania/status/957130414228955136

« Reply #20 on: January 27, 2018, 02:01:18 AM »

Offline keevsnick

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 549

I'm not sure he is. They are six games above five hundred so its not out of the realm of possibility they stay in the playoffs which means they aren't dealing Davis until this offseason at the earliest. From there this injury complicates things. If the  pelicans decide to stay with cousins it pushes back their decision window on Davis because they have to wait for cousins to get healthy. Really i doubt they trade him unless he demands a trade, and he hasn't shown any inclination to do that and doubt he will with his teammates injury. That would be really bad optics. Its one thing to demand a trade from a team that cant build around you. Its another to demand a trade after a teammate goes out with an injury.  This may actually make it less likely they trade Davis this offseason.

On an off note if Davis is available OF COURSE YOU AQUIRE HIM. 

« Reply #21 on: January 27, 2018, 02:12:40 AM »

Offline GreenEnvy

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 1031
Sucks to hear. Terrible injury.
CELTICS 2024

« Reply #22 on: January 27, 2018, 03:23:32 AM »

Offline playdream

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 88

I'm not sure he is. They are six games above five hundred so its not out of the realm of possibility they stay in the playoffs which means they aren't dealing Davis until this offseason at the earliest. From there this injury complicates things. If the  pelicans decide to stay with cousins it pushes back their decision window on Davis because they have to wait for cousins to get healthy. Really i doubt they trade him unless he demands a trade, and he hasn't shown any inclination to do that and doubt he will with his teammates injury. That would be really bad optics. Its one thing to demand a trade from a team that cant build around you. Its another to demand a trade after a teammate goes out with an injury.  This may actually make it less likely they trade Davis this offseason.

sneak into playoff and get yourself embarassed from a sweep?
I am sure that's not what he is looking for

« Reply #23 on: January 27, 2018, 03:24:19 AM »

Offline blink

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1474
wow, terrible injury.  Good luck to Boogie for his rehab.  I hope he comes back as good as ever.
ruptured achilles is a bad injury.

« Reply #24 on: January 27, 2018, 03:28:08 AM »

Offline keevsnick

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 549

Playoffs would be a step in the right direction for them. That might be enough to placate him for another yyear. Remeber, not everybody is as eager to leave behind the only franchise they have ever known to come play for Boston as we would like them to be.

« Reply #25 on: January 27, 2018, 03:44:17 AM »

Offline playdream

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 88

Playoffs would be a step in the right direction for them. That might be enough to placate him for another yyear. Remeber, not everybody is as eager to leave behind the only franchise they have ever known to come play for Boston as we would like them to be.
You have a point regarding people think different ways
But if i were him i will want to escape ASAP
Tendon torn from normal movement is a sign of overuse, i see Boogie and think i am the next

« Reply #26 on: January 27, 2018, 03:51:17 AM »

Offline makaveli

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 320
  • The Truth

LOL how long did it take you to figure this one out...TP bro
what doesn't kill you makes you stronger

« Reply #27 on: January 27, 2018, 03:56:12 AM »

Offline makaveli

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 320
  • The Truth
Obviously you hate to see anyone go down with a season ender. Now the Pelicants front office has to make some tough decisions.
If they trade Davis and tank the rest of the season, it might be a good thing for them. Say we give them Brown, Smart, our pick, LAL pick, and fillers , they would have their own lottery pick and that would be a good deal right? It jumpstarts a rebuild in an instant. Maybe they could trade Holiday as well for a youngsteror a lottery.
what doesn't kill you makes you stronger

« Reply #28 on: January 27, 2018, 08:05:53 AM »

Offline Somebody

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 560
  • STAND FIRM, SAY NO TO VIBE MEN
If Ainge somehow gets AD without giving up Tatum/Brown he'll be in the 🐐 discussion for GMs.
Jaylen Brown for All-NBA

« Reply #29 on: January 27, 2018, 08:13:43 AM »

Offline Monkhouse

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 814
  • A true Celtic plays with heart.
If Ainge somehow gets AD without giving up Tatum/Brown he'll be in the 🐐 discussion for GMs.

Yeah sure... Pelicans just gonna give up a top 7 player under conrract for 2 more years without at least getting one of our best young players.
"I bomb atomically, Socrates' philosophies and hypotheses
Can't define how I be dropping these mockeries."

Is the glass half-full or half-empty?
It's based on your perspective, quite simply
We're the same and we're not; know what I'm saying? Listen
Son, I ain't better than you, I just think different