Author Topic: Avery Bradley on a downward spiral. Pistons on a 6 game losing streak  (Read 2199 times)

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
Nasty stats by AB.

http://www.espn.com/nba/player/_/id/4240/avery-bradley

Shooting 35 percent in the last 6-7 games and season average dropped to 40 percent

AB, Crowder, IT4 just haven't looked the same (and weaknesses exposed a bit more) ever since leaving CBS system. 

If anyone thinks coaches don't matter in this league (clowns Felger and Mazz don't). They are wrong..

Re: Avery Bradley on a downward spiral. Pistons on a 6 game losing streak
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2018, 09:59:16 AM »

Offline manl_lui

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 427
really safe to say that Brad Stevens really maximized everyone's talents last year

« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2018, 10:07:14 AM »

Offline Quetzalcoatl

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 419
Evan Turner too.

The lesson though shouldn't be that Stevens turns these guys into stars, but other coaches should be using their players thoughtfully and spend the time to adjust their systems based on current personnel.  Everyone acts like Stevens is magic when he's just really prepared and not stuck in his ways as much as anything.

Also leave it to Celticsblog to equate six bad games with being washed up forever ;)

« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2018, 10:10:09 AM »

Online Birdman

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 414
I really thought before the season that Detroit would be a top 3 team in the East
C/PF-Horford, Baynes, Noel, Theis, Morris,
SF/SG- Tatum, Brown, Hayward, Smart, Semi, Clark
PG- Irving, Rozier, Larkin

« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2018, 10:11:27 AM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1294
Um, Bradley is averaging 15 ppg even with the recent shooting slump. He's looked every bit the same if not better in Detroit. Come on now.
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

« Reply #5 on: January 26, 2018, 10:13:15 AM »

Online SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2969
he may have another nagging injury,  common for him . something , that is not bad enough to hold a good man down ,  yet is bad enough to effect his play or shooting .  I think Kyrie has this going on with him too a some level. His minor injuries are adding up and effecting his overall game.

IT and Crowder just look lost on the Cavs .   They were used to a coach lead , well structured smooth operating team and fit into their roles .   

Lebron is not able to coach , be a player , and be everything to his team 24/7 .  His teams are based on out physical the opponent .  iT and Crowder don' t have those elite physical gifts to play a street ball beat up the other guy by being taller and faster and stronger.  They are great players when part of a true team system lead by a third party .....Not a coach player

« Reply #6 on: January 26, 2018, 10:19:17 AM »

Offline ChillyWilly

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 620
Stop trying to devalue my players before the deadline!  :o
ok fine

« Reply #7 on: January 26, 2018, 10:57:11 AM »

Offline RodyTur10

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 292
  • Always offline from 9pm till 3am
Um, Bradley is averaging 15 ppg even with the recent shooting slump. He's looked every bit the same if not better in Detroit. Come on now.

Also Olynyk is looking good in Miami. They love him there for his BBIQ.

« Reply #8 on: January 26, 2018, 11:29:00 AM »

Online hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2703

Bradley is also a big reason why Detroit is in the playoff hunt this season. He turned the culture of that team around.

« Reply #9 on: January 26, 2018, 11:32:24 AM »

Offline rollie mass

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 1233
Bradley recently suffered a groin strain missed some games -that injury can linger and be enough
to throw your game off a bit

« Reply #10 on: January 26, 2018, 11:36:49 AM »

Offline saltlover

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2619

Bradley is also a big reason why Detroit is in the playoff hunt this season. He turned the culture of that team around.

Last year the Pistons won 37 games.  This year they’re on pace for 39 wins.  That difference can be explained by statistical noise as much as anything.

« Reply #11 on: January 26, 2018, 12:08:54 PM »

Offline Snakehead

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 448

I hope we can look at our own bench this year, and how the lack of shooting and passing impairs that unit so much, and appreciate Olynyk a bit more around here in retrospect.  I always did, but many others always went on about his inconsistencies on the stat sheet. 

He was always making the offensive numbers better though and that's why, plus being a smart team player.  That shooting and passing from the big man spot also helps every other player a ton.
"I really don't want people to understand me." - Jordan Crawford

« Reply #12 on: January 26, 2018, 12:21:09 PM »

Offline tarheelsxxiii

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1389

Last year the Pistons won 37 games.  This year they’re on pace for 39 wins.  That difference can be explained by statistical noise as much as anything.

I'm on anesthesia right now and just found the thought 'Harry meets Salty" hilarious
The Tarstradamus Group, LLC

« Reply #13 on: January 26, 2018, 12:30:19 PM »

Offline saltlover

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2619

I'm on anesthesia right now and just found the thought 'Harry meets Salty" hilarious

Mrs. Salty and I quote that movie to each other all the time, so I’m finding it funny as well.  A TP for the humor and continued healing to you.

« Reply #14 on: January 26, 2018, 01:02:10 PM »

Offline dreamgreen

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 182
Nasty stats by AB.

http://www.espn.com/nba/player/_/id/4240/avery-bradley

Shooting 35 percent in the last 6-7 games and season average dropped to 40 percent

AB, Crowder, IT4 just haven't looked the same (and weaknesses exposed a bit more) ever since leaving CBS system. 

If anyone thinks coaches don't matter in this league (clowns Felger and Mazz don't). They are wrong..

Interesting take on it. I like CBS but as of late have been frustrated with his system. Watching Baynes take 3's makes me want throw the clicker through the TV, lack of passing, falling in love with the 3, no foul shots because nobody takes it to the hoop and #1 thing that drives me crazy is a lack of emphasis on rebounding! Sometimes when they win I can't figure out how lol. Often they look horrible and make the game harder than it needs to be. Vastly different than how they played the first 20 games of the year, wish they would go back to that.