Author Topic: Noah (Merged)  (Read 3730 times)

Re: Noah (Merged)
« Reply #15 on: January 26, 2018, 06:15:20 PM »

Offline hodgy03038

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 440
  • Marcus Smart #1 Fan
Trade a 2nd or even our first for Quinn or Hernangomez..those picks are a gamble anyhow

True look what we got with our 16 pick a couple years ago. I don't know if he will ever be a regular rotation player. And we all know about Young and how he turned out. That being said, I would do what you propose.

Re: Noah (Merged)
« Reply #16 on: January 26, 2018, 06:20:13 PM »

Offline Monkhouse

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 814
  • A true Celtic plays with heart.
Would certainly be happy with picking up O'Quinn for a second rounder... Ainge make it happen lol.
"I bomb atomically, Socrates' philosophies and hypotheses
Can't define how I be dropping these mockeries."

Is the glass half-full or half-empty?
It's based on your perspective, quite simply
We're the same and we're not; know what I'm saying? Listen
Son, I ain't better than you, I just think different

Re: Noah (merged)...
« Reply #17 on: January 26, 2018, 06:21:54 PM »

Offline hodgy03038

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 440
  • Marcus Smart #1 Fan
is there any way they can move him?
f they are willing to send out an unprotected pick, then perhaps. Right now they are 12th worst. Would that be enouIgh for a team to take on literally the worst contract in the NBA? (though Chandler Parsons seems to be knocking on the door, poor Grizz)

Trading for an expiring contract would open up a max FA slot for them. If they can also dump Lee and Hardaway it would open two max slots. This might actually be a decent strategy, as Porzingis might attract some good free agents. Regardless they need to stop signing mediocre players to long bloated deals.

They might get away with a lesser or protected pick if they take back a not-quite-as-toxic contract from a rebuilding team. They could also include some "sweetener" players in the mix.

Some trade "targets," all of whom are paid less and/or are functional players with at least a bit of upside:

Brandon Knight, Phoenix. 3yrs $42M
Bazemore, ATL , 3yrs $54M
Marvin Willams, Charlotte, 3yrs $42M
Biyombo, Orlando, 3yrs $51M
Mozgov, Brooklyn, 3yrs $48M
Omer Asik, Pelicans 3yrs $34M (Pels aren't rebuilding but might want supplementary picks/players while taking on an only slightly worse contract)

How is Brandon Knight a trade "target" out for the season with a torn ACL @$14mil/yr?

Mozgov, 3 years @ $51 mil?

You are not serious are you?