Other Discussions > Other / General Sports

Atlanta Falcons lowered food prices by 50% and got 16% more in sales

(1/7) > >>

Moranis:
http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/22212592/atlanta-falcons-drop-prices-make-more-money-mercedes-benz-stadium-concessions

Goes to show if you price things better people will spend more since they don't feel they are getting ripped off.

Big333223:
Cool.

I know the prices at the TD Garden are ridiculous. Maybe they should give this a try, too.

Roy H.:
I hope it becomes a trend.

I limit my concessions at the game. If I could grab a slice of pizza and a coke for $5?  Yeah, I’d definitely be down for that.

Boris Badenov:
It's entirely possible that they lost money on this, to be clear.

I would imagine that most of these entities have done a full-blown analysis of what their profits would be at different prices, and chosen the ones they have for sensible reasons.

Edit: also, this is not an apples-to-apples comparison, given that you're looking at a team coming off a Super Bowl visit, which would generate increased demand for all kinds of things.

hpantazo:

--- Quote from: Boris Badenov on January 25, 2018, 05:38:51 PM ---It's entirely possible that they lost money on this, to be clear.

I would imagine that most of these entities have done a full-blown analysis of what their profits would be at different prices, and chosen the ones they have for sensible reasons.

Edit: also, this is not an apples-to-apples comparison, given that you're looking at a team coming off a Super Bowl visit, which would generate increased demand for all kinds of things.

--- End quote ---

you could also argue that fans will eat and drink more at the game if the game is boring....

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version