Author Topic: Isaiah getting clobbered on talk shows  (Read 9593 times)

Re: Isaiah getting clobbered on talk shows
« Reply #90 on: January 26, 2018, 11:27:51 PM »

Offline green_bballers13

• NCE
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 321
Celtic bloggers here are truly one of the most ungrateful I have ever seen...

Isaiah gave his heart to the city, whether or not he incited Ainge to trade him due to his brinks truck commentary, it doesn't change the fact without Isaiah, Crowder, or Bradley/Smart, we wouldn't have had no Horford or Hayward...

Isaiah just came back from an injury, and it's gonna take some time to recover. Can we stop dissing the man like he didn't mean anything to us? Maybe he didn't mean anything to you, but he certainly did to me. I will never forget how he put his body and heart on the line.

Crazy how everyone was praising Isaiah Thomas for bringing in Hayward, and the moment the guy gets traded, we all turn our backs on him.

I would certainly love to bring him back on a sixth man super role.

I’ve been in a lot of the IT  threads and I don’t see this hate towards him. The general tone in threads are: he’s not playing like he did in Boston, he hates the Cavs, he may may not be the same. That’s not being ungrateful, that’s just observing what’s going on at the moment. Every criticism about IT, isn’t a diss. Granted, there are some people that can take it too far.

Well there have been unlimited loads of threads about users who wish ill will on Thomas.

But I agree, I do miss IT. The offense is clearly not the best suit for him, but if Thomas is smart, he'll figure it out.

Bolded=not a thing. Some think he's overrated, but I haven't seen unlimited ill wishes.

Most appreciate IT and are thankful for his time here.

« Reply #91 on: January 26, 2018, 11:40:35 PM »

Offline FatKidsDad

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 114

I wonder how most folks on this blog would deal with getting a phone call one evening informing you that you have to move to a new city, find new day care for you toddlers and enroll your older kids in new schools, sell your home, buy a new one, separate from all the social and professional relationships you've built up locally -- and you aren't getting a pay raise for your trouble.   Toss in the intangible of feeling like you just had the chance to be part of something you believed would be exciting and successful and that you were going to be an important part of ... ripped out of your hands.

I once lived in a situation like that. It was happening all around me all the time.

Of course, I knew the deal when I enlisted.

BTW, there was no multi-million dollar contract, no Brinks truck, and you never knew when or if someone would be shooting at you.

I thank you for your service to our country, but bringing that up and the Brinks truck means you missed the point.

Regardless of the differences in compensation or the nature of one's job or what one signed up for, when forced suddenly on short notice to uproot your life and family and move hundreds of miles away, was that fun?  Did you like that happening?

No. I got your point. You wondered how folks on this blog would deal with a situation like that and not "getting a pay raise for your trouble."

The answer is that no it was not fun, and people didn't like it happening, but we did what we were expected to do. No videos. No snarky social media posts or complaints about your former unit.

And I was happy that, during the time I served, no one ever shot at me.

That said, I understand IT's unhappiness, but I don't feel too bad for him. He is living the life he worked hard for and aspired to, with all the good and bad that comes with it.
"If everyone is thinking alike, then somebody isn't thinking." - George S. Patton

"Live so that when your children think of fairness and integrity,they think of you." -   H. Jackson Brown, Jr.

« Reply #92 on: January 27, 2018, 12:05:44 AM »

Offline cltc5

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 445
IT is getting what he deserves because he's shown he's a freaking drama queen and a baby.  I know he looks like a kid but he's a grown ass man and needs to act like it.  Celtics made him because before and after he got here he's been garbage.