Author Topic: Isaiah getting clobbered on talk shows  (Read 9586 times)

Re: Isaiah getting clobbered on talk shows
« Reply #75 on: January 26, 2018, 04:43:42 PM »

Offline kraidstar

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 2484
Maybe not the place for it but if ITs comeback should teach us anything its that if Hayward attempts to come back this year during the playoffs, he'll probably be a net negative this year as he attempts to come back, get in shape, and get attuned to the system

Probably... But considering Hayward doesn't rely on his athleticism or speed like IT does, we may never know. Although if Haywards shooting is an indication, if he can put up at least 75% of his usual self, that's a plus in my book. We desperately need another ball handling play maker that can make shots.

I agree with this. Hayward has a much larger margin for error cause of his game and size if he loses a little quickness initially.

They also suffered completely different types of injuries. IT has an abnormal hip and might be facing chronic issues in what is literally the pivot point for his entire body.

Hayward's leg OTOH should heal fine so long as the ligaments etc weren't traumatized too badly. That was a freak accident caused by a hard fall.

Apples and oranges.

« Reply #76 on: January 26, 2018, 04:46:52 PM »

Offline mmmmm

• NCE
  • Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 862
I have no ill will towards IT but lets call a spade a spade here.
He was a product of Stevens system, as was Crowder, and are both struggling now without that structure.

A product of the system?  If by "system" you mean, "pick and roll in the NBA", then sure.

Thomas was a super-high efficiency, 20+ pt/gm scorer before he ever got to Boston.   The moment he _got_ to Boston he scored 20+ points in 5 of his first 6 games (despite having to come off the bench). 

There was no specific 'system' here.  Thomas is just an elite scorer out of pick & roll action.  He has been since he came to the league.

He's played in 8 games now, coming off a long injury rehab.   Just 171 minutes of floor time!   The fact that he's struggled isn't some evidence that he can't function outside of Brad Steven's "system".  It's just evidence that coming back from a long injury rehab takes time.   Folks should probably wait a while before sticking the proverbial fork in him.

Sheesh!  When Avery Bradly came back in January of his 3rd season after rehabbing from summer surgery, he couldn't shoot.   He shot a weak 32.6% in January and then a horrible 24% in Feb on 3PT shots.   But he closed out the season shooting 34% on threes over the last few weeks and he's shot mid-high 30s ever since.   He's shot 39% last year and this year.  Avery basically took almost 30 games to get his shot back.    Can folks give Thomas a few games to get his?
NBA Officiating - Corrupt?  Incompetent?  Which is worse?  Does it matter?  It sucks.

« Reply #77 on: January 26, 2018, 05:02:52 PM »

Offline mmmmm

• NCE
  • Rajon Rondo
Wow, reading some of these comments on this thread, I didn't realize so many people actually disliked Isaiah during his entire time in Boston :o

I think a lot of fans are loyal to laundry, and are susceptible to wild mood swings about as much as WWE fans are.  IT is now a heel, apparently, so let's boo him.

Roy don't you think a large part of this is that he is probably playing on the most unlikeable team in the NBA right now? A bunch of aging vets with holes in their game and large paycheck s fighting with each other? They also are one of our primary competitors in the east. If he was Sacramento, utah or even a team like San Antonio there would be a lot less negativity

That could be true.  But it's not as if Thomas had any choice in which team he was sent to.

I wonder how most folks on this blog would deal with getting a phone call one evening informing you that you have to move to a new city, find new day care for you toddlers and enroll your older kids in new schools, sell your home, buy a new one, separate from all the social and professional relationships you've built up locally -- and you aren't getting a pay raise for your trouble.   Toss in the intangible of feeling like you just had the chance to be part of something you believed would be exciting and successful and that you were going to be an important part of ... ripped out of your hands.

Not blaming Danny or saying he shouldn't have made the trade.  'Just pointing out, regardless of how much money pro athletes make or not, none of that sounds like fun. 

Ah well, time eventually heals.   But folks need to give things time.
NBA Officiating - Corrupt?  Incompetent?  Which is worse?  Does it matter?  It sucks.

« Reply #78 on: January 26, 2018, 05:13:51 PM »

Offline Monkhouse

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 814
  • A true Celtic plays with heart.
Celtic bloggers here are truly one of the most ungrateful I have ever seen...

Isaiah gave his heart to the city, whether or not he incited Ainge to trade him due to his brinks truck commentary, it doesn't change the fact without Isaiah, Crowder, or Bradley/Smart, we wouldn't have had no Horford or Hayward...

Isaiah just came back from an injury, and it's gonna take some time to recover. Can we stop dissing the man like he didn't mean anything to us? Maybe he didn't mean anything to you, but he certainly did to me. I will never forget how he put his body and heart on the line.

Crazy how everyone was praising Isaiah Thomas for bringing in Hayward, and the moment the guy gets traded, we all turn our backs on him.

I would certainly love to bring him back on a sixth man super role.
"I bomb atomically, Socrates' philosophies and hypotheses
Can't define how I be dropping these mockeries."

Is the glass half-full or half-empty?
It's based on your perspective, quite simply
We're the same and we're not; know what I'm saying? Listen
Son, I ain't better than you, I just think different

« Reply #79 on: January 26, 2018, 05:16:13 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
Consider me a fan of the jersey and not the player. Loved IT while he was here. Wish him well but could really care less about him at this point.

« Reply #80 on: January 26, 2018, 05:50:36 PM »

Offline ImShakHeIsShaq

• NCE
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 804

Isaiah gave his heart to the city, whether or not he incited Ainge to trade him due to his brinks truck commentary, it doesn't change the fact without Isaiah, Crowder, or Bradley/Smart, we wouldn't have had no Horford or Hayward...

Isaiah just came back from an injury, and it's gonna take some time to recover. Can we stop dissing the man like he didn't mean anything to us? Maybe he didn't mean anything to you, but he certainly did to me. I will never forget how he put his body and heart on the line.

Crazy how everyone was praising Isaiah Thomas for bringing in Hayward, and the moment the guy gets traded, we all turn our backs on him.

I see you and a few posters keep making these comments and I must say, while I don't share the opinion of the negative posts, I do realize that that's what fans do. They care only about their team and when you aren't on it, you're the enemy or not as beloved when you go.

Most people I have seen still like him and don't wish him ill will but they also aren't going to go as hard for him because he is the "enemy" at the moment. A lot of his faults were overlooked when he was here, of course if he's on your team you are going to let those things slide but now that he can't help your team it's fun to poke at those things in a rivalry type of way.

I think some of you are thinking it's personal when it's just regular Us vs. Them.
It takes me 3hrs to get to Miami and 1hr to get to Orlando... but I *SPIT* on their NBA teams! "Bless God and bless the (Celts)"-Lady GaGa (she said gays but she really meant Celts)

« Reply #81 on: January 26, 2018, 06:09:29 PM »

Online cman88

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 365
brad stevens was a great coach that was able to utilize IT's strenghts and hide his weakness'

IT4 is now on a team with a HORRIBLE coach and a greatly disjointed and old roster that doesnt practice and seemingly doesnt take the regular season seriously. While I agree his defense is bad, you cant 100% blame him. The cavs had defense this bad for AWHILE.

but I do think you can see why Ainge picked Kyrie over THomas for pure Basketball reasons.

« Reply #82 on: January 26, 2018, 06:16:26 PM »

Offline Monkhouse

• Paul Silas

I see you and a few posters keep making these comments and I must say, while I don't share the opinion of the negative posts, I do realize that that's what fans do. They care only about their team and when you aren't on it, you're the enemy or not as beloved when you go.

Most people I have seen still like him and don't wish him ill will but they also aren't going to go as hard for him because he is the "enemy" at the moment. A lot of his faults were overlooked when he was here, of course if he's on your team you are going to let those things slide but now that he can't help your team it's fun to poke at those things in a rivalry type of way.

I think some of you are thinking it's personal when it's just regular Us vs. Them.

Ehh, to each his own. My post isn't meant to be negative, I never intend for any of my posts ever to hurt anyone or to be taken seriously, (I generally tend to be very sarcastic at times.) It is just funny to me, that the same people who spit dirt on Isaiah's name, (I'm not even gonna call them out,) are the same users who were talking about how great Isaiah was when he was with the Celtics. (This was after Hayward signed, and he said he couldn't wait to start a new journey with Isaiah and Horford.)

I don't mind the poking or insult hurling at an ex's player. It is what makes us competitive, but some of the remarks here are just absolutely terrible. I've seen a few users call him a midget, and some said they hope he gets injured again or lose out on his 'max,' contract. To me, that's a big no-no. Also as for the enemy comment, I would agree and disagree. I would gladly welcome Isaiah back with open arms, and congratulate him on his return to Boston if I was at the game. A few select players like Perkins, Rondo, Garnett, Pierce, etc; all hold very deep feelings in my heart. I never forget what some players have brought and what they mean to the team. If you're truly a Celtic player at heart, then the saying goes..

"Once a Celtic, always a Celtic."

« Reply #83 on: January 26, 2018, 06:16:53 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2968
I feel for IT .

He liked the Celtics system

Its just miserable team ,  from owner on down

Nether Jae or IT look truely happy .

« Reply #84 on: January 26, 2018, 06:24:12 PM »

Offline sed522002

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 221

I’ve been in a lot of the IT  threads and I don’t see this hate towards him. The general tone in threads are: he’s not playing like he did in Boston, he hates the Cavs, he may may not be the same. That’s not being ungrateful, that’s just observing what’s going on at the moment. Every criticism about IT, isn’t a diss. Granted, there are some people that can take it too far.

« Reply #85 on: January 26, 2018, 06:25:31 PM »

Offline celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1394

I’ve been in a lot of the IT  threads and I don’t see this hate towards him. The general tone in threads are: he’s not playing like he did in Boston, he hates the Cavs, he may may not be the same. That’s not being ungrateful, that’s just observing what’s going on at the moment. Every criticism about IT, isn’t a diss.

This is how i feel...

« Reply #86 on: January 26, 2018, 06:27:42 PM »

Offline Monkhouse

• Paul Silas

I’ve been in a lot of the IT  threads and I don’t see this hate towards him. The general tone in threads are: he’s not playing like he did in Boston, he hates the Cavs, he may may not be the same. That’s not being ungrateful, that’s just observing what’s going on at the moment. Every criticism about IT, isn’t a diss. Granted, there are some people that can take it too far.

Well there have been unlimited loads of threads about users who wish ill will on Thomas.

But I agree, I do miss IT. The offense is clearly not the best suit for him, but if Thomas is smart, he'll figure it out.

« Reply #87 on: January 26, 2018, 06:55:55 PM »

Offline ImShakHeIsShaq

• NCE
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 804

Ehh, to each his own. My post isn't meant to be negative, I never intend for any of my posts ever to hurt anyone or to be taken seriously, (I generally tend to be very sarcastic at times.) It is just funny to me, that the same people who spit dirt on Isaiah's name, (I'm not even gonna call them out,) are the same users who were talking about how great Isaiah was when he was with the Celtics. (This was after Hayward signed, and he said he couldn't wait to start a new journey with Isaiah and Horford.)

I don't mind the poking or insult hurling at an ex's player. It is what makes us competitive, but some of the remarks here are just absolutely terrible. I've seen a few users call him a midget, and some said they hope he gets injured again or lose out on his 'max,' contract. To me, that's a big no-no. Also as for the enemy comment, I would agree and disagree. I would gladly welcome Isaiah back with open arms, and congratulate him on his return to Boston if I was at the game. A few select players like Perkins, Rondo, Garnett, Pierce, etc; all hold very deep feelings in my heart. I never forget what some players have brought and what they mean to the team. If you're truly a Celtic player at heart, then the saying goes..

"Once a Celtic, always a Celtic."

I don't get why you agreed and disagreed about that part when I clearly said when they aren't on the team. Most people would welcome him back and cheer him on if he came back, that's exactly my point, you're the "enemy" if you AREN'T on the team. If the person comes back then that means he's on the team, no longer an enemy.

There are very few people who would say those extreme things you mentioned and I'd bet most of those people didn't like him or didn't like him nearly as much as you when he was a Celts.
It takes me 3hrs to get to Miami and 1hr to get to Orlando... but I *SPIT* on their NBA teams! "Bless God and bless the (Celts)"-Lady GaGa (she said gays but she really meant Celts)

« Reply #88 on: January 26, 2018, 11:03:30 PM »

Offline FatKidsDad

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 114

I wonder how most folks on this blog would deal with getting a phone call one evening informing you that you have to move to a new city, find new day care for you toddlers and enroll your older kids in new schools, sell your home, buy a new one, separate from all the social and professional relationships you've built up locally -- and you aren't getting a pay raise for your trouble.   Toss in the intangible of feeling like you just had the chance to be part of something you believed would be exciting and successful and that you were going to be an important part of ... ripped out of your hands.

I once lived in a situation like that. It was happening all around me all the time.

Of course, I knew the deal when I enlisted.

BTW, there was no multi-million dollar contract, no Brinks truck, and you never knew when or if someone would be shooting at you.
"If everyone is thinking alike, then somebody isn't thinking." - George S. Patton

"Live so that when your children think of fairness and integrity,they think of you." -   H. Jackson Brown, Jr.

« Reply #89 on: January 26, 2018, 11:22:37 PM »

Offline mmmmm

• NCE
  • Rajon Rondo

I once lived in a situation like that. It was happening all around me all the time.

Of course, I knew the deal when I enlisted.

BTW, there was no multi-million dollar contract, no Brinks truck, and you never knew when or if someone would be shooting at you.

I thank you for your service to our country, but bringing that up and the Brinks truck means you missed the point.

Regardless of the differences in compensation or the nature of one's job or what one signed up for, when forced suddenly on short notice to uproot your life and family and move hundreds of miles away, was that fun?  Did you like that happening?