Author Topic: Isaiah getting clobbered on talk shows  (Read 9581 times)

Re: Isaiah getting clobbered on talk shows
« Reply #30 on: January 25, 2018, 11:50:44 AM »

Offline green_bballers13

• NCE
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 320
I am still hoping the Cavs trade him soon to a team where he can regain a lot of what he was last year.

At this point of the season, that would have to be a team that A) doesn't have a point guard, and B) doesn't mind having over the offense to IT.

I think there are only a couple teams that apply, and fewer team that will make the playoffs. Indy, LAC, Den, Utah, and Miami potentially.

« Reply #31 on: January 25, 2018, 11:53:34 AM »

Offline Sophomore

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 823
I hope IT does well wherever he goes, and that injury was a tough break.

But still, a little perspective seems called for. His career earnings from his NBA contracts are just short of $23 million. Add endorsements. Then add his next contract, which might "only" get him $45-60 million more over the next 4 years.

I understand that it sucks to lose out on max money. But he's still going to have crazy, life-altering money even if he never lifts a finger the rest of his post-NBA life.
« Last Edit: January 25, 2018, 01:12:16 PM by Sophomore »

« Reply #32 on: January 25, 2018, 11:54:41 AM »

Offline Monkhouse

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 814
  • A true Celtic plays with heart.
Talk shows are a waste of time and space. Plus Sharpe rubbed me the wrong way when he proclaimed that Pierce didn't deserve a jersey retirement and compared him to Duncan and Kobe, stating what has he done as a Celtic.
"I bomb atomically, Socrates' philosophies and hypotheses
Can't define how I be dropping these mockeries."

Is the glass half-full or half-empty?
It's based on your perspective, quite simply
We're the same and we're not; know what I'm saying? Listen
Son, I ain't better than you, I just think different

« Reply #33 on: January 25, 2018, 12:04:29 PM »

Offline Atzar

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 1666
Sorry if the following is disorganized.  I lumped a bunch of thoughts on Cleveland into one post.

Cleveland has a lot of players who need a lot of help on defense to be viable.  Yeah, obvious statement is obvious.  But when they had continuity with Irving and Lebron and Love, they made it work because they were usually on the same page in terms of rotations despite two of those players being defensive liabilities.  Now, they're trying to work in IT alongside a lot of miles at the other guard spot, where they have an aging JR Smith or a fossilized Wade.  Jae Crowder and Jeff Green are new faces, and Thompson has missed time with injury which removed another familiar face from the lineup.  So not only do you have a lot of poor defenders, you also have a lot of people who are new to the system and don't know where they need to be.  And I don't think Lue helps matters. 

IT is getting scapegoated, and while I don't know that to be fair, I also don't know it to be unfair.  I do know that he's an emotional guy who has let his frustration get the better of him in the past - the recent Wiggins cheapshot and the Schroeder slap are examples.  So could he be a problem in the locker room?  I don't know.  I kind of shrug this off as a struggling team frustrated that they're struggling, but I wouldn't rule out the possibility. 

I'm not sure if they'll get it fixed.  I think they'll continue to be very weak defensively... that won't go away.  Even so, I kind of think that Cleveland may be able to just score their way through the Eastern conference when the playoffs start.  Lebron, IT, Love is still a lot of firepower in the playoffs. 
« Last Edit: January 25, 2018, 12:12:20 PM by Atzar »

« Reply #34 on: January 25, 2018, 12:12:25 PM »

Offline rollie mass

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 1233
There is no team but the cavaliers that would play Isaiah now in hopes of being ready for playoffs-Only a team like Cleveland that is just playoff concerned. Not caring what position they come in and that is used to a period of poor play and coming back and repairing at end of season-
Just go watch the Spurs game-He isn't ready

« Reply #35 on: January 25, 2018, 12:26:17 PM »

Offline KGs Knee

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 1544
This must be the basketball gods way of letting IT know "You don't mess with the Truth".

« Reply #36 on: January 25, 2018, 01:12:41 PM »

Offline ImShakHeIsShaq

• NCE
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 804
Cavs were pooh B4 IT, they can go to hell!
It takes me 3hrs to get to Miami and 1hr to get to Orlando... but I *SPIT* on their NBA teams! "Bless God and bless the (Celts)"-Lady GaGa (she said gays but she really meant Celts)

« Reply #37 on: January 25, 2018, 02:30:56 PM »

Offline tarheelsxxiii

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1389
Cool, talking heads.  But he's close with Mayweather, so probably enjoys the attention. 

I can't recall a time since the trade where they weren't at least 2 threads in "latest forum topics" that revolved around bashing IT.  It's sad and speaks to the entitlement of Celtics' fans.

If he deserves all of this the hate thrown his way, then we didn't deserve an iota our NBA relevance for 2+ years.  You guys decide. 
The Tarstradamus Group, LLC

« Reply #38 on: January 25, 2018, 02:47:32 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
Might be good for IT if Cleveland moves him. Say IT and parts to Charlotte for Kemba and parts.

« Reply #39 on: January 25, 2018, 02:55:56 PM »

Offline wdleehi

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1607
  • Basketball is Newtonian Physics
I am still hoping the Cavs trade him soon to a team where he can regain a lot of what he was last year.

At this point of the season, that would have to be a team that A) doesn't have a point guard, and B) doesn't mind having over the offense to IT.

I think there are only a couple teams that apply, and fewer team that will make the playoffs. Indy, LAC, Den, Utah, and Miami potentially.

Or a team looking to buy low now and see if the potential is there for him to fit in.

« Reply #40 on: January 25, 2018, 02:59:16 PM »

Offline hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2700

Or a team looking to buy low now and see if the potential is there for him to fit in.

Utah is totally happy with handing the offense over to rookie, cost controlled star in the making Donovan Mitchell.

Miami is better off sticking with Dragic at this point. The Pacers, Denver, and the Clippers I could see though, particularly the Clippers, if Doc has the guts to hand the team over to IT and take shots away from his son.

« Reply #41 on: January 25, 2018, 03:03:01 PM »

Offline Smitty77

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 269
All those guys you named;  Wright, Sharpe, Bayless, etc....  are in the job of issuing hot takes.  Take all of that stuff with a heavy grain of salt.

Better yet, don't watch any of those "Embrace Debate" morning shows.  They're garbage.

Yep. The entire basis of their shows is blowing stuff out of proportion.

IT is playing poorly, but Cleveland’s issues extend well beyond him.

But, the STUFF hit the fan once IT starting playing!!  Odd, huh???

Smitty77

« Reply #42 on: January 25, 2018, 03:05:46 PM »

Offline guava_wrench

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 777
All those guys you named;  Wright, Sharpe, Bayless, etc....  are in the job of issuing hot takes.  Take all of that stuff with a heavy grain of salt.

Better yet, don't watch any of those "Embrace Debate" morning shows.  They're garbage.

But, the STUFF hit the fan once IT starting playing!!  Odd, huh???

Smitty77
Once IT started playing, they couldn't say "wait until we get IT back" anymore.

« Reply #43 on: January 25, 2018, 03:05:51 PM »

Offline GreenEnvy

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 1031

Yes and no

1st line of D is the pg

Ever since he has returned, their points against has increased

148 points can’t be put on one player. The entire team isn’t playing defense. They all need to stop pointing fingers. I don’t understand how Lue still has a job. Have you seen that payroll? How they can have a stretch like this (while at full strength) and get embarrassed night after night and he keep his job is beyond me.

I hope Isaiah signs with a new team next year, gets a nice contract, and has fun again. He does not look happy at all. He’s a good guy. Hate his game if you want, but he’s very likable. That situation is bringing him down,
CELTICS 2024

« Reply #44 on: January 25, 2018, 03:06:02 PM »

Offline Smitty77

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 269

Yes and no

1st line of D is the pg

Ever since he has returned, their points against has increased

They’re 4-11 in their last 15 games. IT has played in 8 of them, going 3-5. They’re 1-6 in that time period without him.

As I said, Cleveland’s issues go well beyond IT.

In those 8 games, they have been outscored by 93 points!!

Smitty77