Author Topic: Isaiah getting clobbered on talk shows  (Read 9590 times)

Re: Isaiah getting clobbered on talk shows
« Reply #15 on: January 25, 2018, 09:53:19 AM »

Offline Monkhouse

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 814
  • A true Celtic plays with heart.
I wonder if IT is going to get the exact kind of contract he got from the Suns a few years ago. In today's salary structure, it would be roughly 11 million a year for 4 years.

Think IT will get at least 12-14 million.

Funny thing is, remember when Derrick Rose said he was seeking a max contract? Lol.
"I bomb atomically, Socrates' philosophies and hypotheses
Can't define how I be dropping these mockeries."

Is the glass half-full or half-empty?
It's based on your perspective, quite simply
We're the same and we're not; know what I'm saying? Listen
Son, I ain't better than you, I just think different

« Reply #16 on: January 25, 2018, 09:56:11 AM »

Online Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1549
I can't see Thomas getting less than 15 million a year, though I am of the belief he will absolutely play better when he gets his sea legs.  He has played in 8 games after missing almost a year with a hip injury.  It will take at least 20 games to really get back into basketball shape.
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #17 on: January 25, 2018, 09:57:45 AM »

Offline Ed Hollison

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 195
This whole thing really rubs me the wrong way.

First, IT and Love have been friends since they were teenagers. Sure, I guess it's possible that IT strolled into Cleveland and started atttacking Love, but all I can say is, don't believe everything you read.

It's more likely that someone within the Cleveland locker room trying to cover his own *ss and deflect blame. If that's the case, it's shameful that IT is the goat for this whole thing. The previous comment is correct: if you think this whole thing is IT's fault, you're misguided.

Lastly, if the clip from ESPN posted above is representative of how the media and fans are approaching IT these days then... wow. IT is a class act and, by all accounts, a good teammate. He didn't deserve to get torn down for the whole Celtics video thing, and he doesn't deserve to be thrown under the bus now. We're talking about a [dang] good scorer and fierce competitor coming off a serious hip injury. For the love of all that is good and holy, give this man a break.
"A thought of hatred must be destroyed by a more powerful thought of love."

http://fruittreeblog.com

« Reply #18 on: January 25, 2018, 10:15:37 AM »

Offline sed522002

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 221
Lastly, if the clip from ESPN posted above is representative of how the media and fans are approaching IT these days then... wow.

I'm sure the entire fan base doesn't feel that way, but A LOT of the fans on his social media accounts are wanting him traded or benched. They believe he's a mole that's telling Woj locker room stuff (according to multiple reports). He hasn't played long enough (or well enough) for the Cav's fans to care about him.

« Reply #19 on: January 25, 2018, 10:39:34 AM »

Offline moiso

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 441
It was said he is playing like on ice ,falling all over the place.Can't play defense and thinks he is a superstar.And its all of them.Wright,Skip Bayless,Shannon ,Broussard.
The situation is toxic.
They are siding with Love and his 2nd best player and want Crowder benched.
They feel the Cavs better with Calderone and are really beating the drums for the Hill trade and his pairing with isaiah.
I'm going to watch that Spurs game.
There were claims of Boston fans spoiling Isaiah and a great coach and teammates covering up for him and this being a contract year and pressing for max.
Lebron is not having fun the team has a self centered flu.
And there was Kyrie easing a 4 game loss with his comments about youth and needing adversity to grow and mentoring Rozier from sideline like a coach
Somebody has an agenda.

« Reply #20 on: January 25, 2018, 10:42:36 AM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25628
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
Lastly, if the clip from ESPN posted above is representative of how the media and fans are approaching IT these days then... wow.

I'm sure the entire fan base doesn't feel that way, but A LOT of the fans on his social media accounts are wanting him traded or benched. They believe he's a mole that's telling Woj locker room stuff (according to multiple reports). He hasn't played long enough (or well enough) for the Cav's fans to care about him.

The Cavs have always had a leaky locker room, whereas the Celts really haven’t. What evidence is there that IT is a “mole”?

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #21 on: January 25, 2018, 10:48:42 AM »

Offline sed522002

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 221

The Cavs have always had a leaky locker room, whereas the Celts really haven’t. What evidence is there that IT is a “mole”?

I guess it's specifically with Woj. I guess there's this "you better not talk to Woj" rule that the Cavs media says is a thing.

Lebron has his personal mouthpiece, Windhorst, to do his talking and mud slinging and Windhorst is coincidentally saying that Lebron was upset that they didn't get PG and Bledsoe...and Windhorst is saying that IT is frustrating his team mates.

« Reply #22 on: January 25, 2018, 10:58:14 AM »

Online Phantom255x

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 2953
  • On To Banner 18!
Funny, they said "just wait until Isaiah comes back!"

Now they are saying Lebron is frustrated they didn't get George + Bledsoe

Also they are trashing Love now.

Things getting REAL UGLY in CLE. Even in years past when the Cavs struggled for spurts, I don't think there was THIS much drama in the locker room.

All we need is for Love (or his agent) to demand a trade and things will blow up on CLE's faces
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #23 on: January 25, 2018, 10:58:26 AM »

Online Birdman

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 414
Thomas seems like a cocky person who gets under ppl skin..everywhere he goes, seems like something going on..when he said they better bring the brink truck, that probably didn't sit well with celtics brass..
C/PF-Horford, Baynes, Noel, Theis, Morris,
SF/SG- Tatum, Brown, Hayward, Smart, Semi, Clark
PG- Irving, Rozier, Larkin

« Reply #24 on: January 25, 2018, 11:22:55 AM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1834
Thomas was great for us last season on every level. To now claim he is some kind of team cancer is laughable.  The only difference between IT today vs a year ago is rust, and perhaps a lingering injury.  The guy was 2nd All NBA.  How can Celtic fans suddenly start saying "I told you so."  I favored the trade, for business/basketball reasons. That's not the same thing as kicking IT when he's down. 

What happened to compassion??

« Reply #25 on: January 25, 2018, 11:30:54 AM »

Offline SaCaCh

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 51
Can we trade for him with the DPE?

« Reply #26 on: January 25, 2018, 11:33:11 AM »

Offline green_bballers13

• NCE
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 321
Thomas was great for us last season on every level. To now claim he is some kind of team cancer is laughable.  The only difference between IT today vs a year ago is rust, and perhaps a lingering injury.  The guy was 2nd All NBA.  How can Celtic fans suddenly start saying "I told you so."  I favored the trade, for business/basketball reasons. That's not the same thing as kicking IT when he's down. 

What happened to compassion??

I agree. We should be thankful that IT was with us, esp. during last year's fun season.

If I'm taking sides, I'm taking Danny over IT all day. Danny represents the interests of the future of the Celtics, while IT represents the interests of the future of IT.

Re: compassion, I'm not sure that we need to feel bad/take pity for a millionaire. Do you think that IT feels for you, or me? I bet he doesn't even know our names. Given this context, I generally don't feel bad for athletes. The exceptions are guys like Ryan Shazier, Junior Seau and his family, etc.

« Reply #27 on: January 25, 2018, 11:36:00 AM »

Offline rollie mass

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 1233
I don't have an agenda, what i reported was what was from the talk shows -and i just finished watching the Spurs game-they were not embellishing
Isaiah is nowhere near ready -no lift,no burst ,no change of pace,falling all over the place
Go watch the game-
That is not our isaiah.Not even close.The announcers said it might be 11 months
And Danny was brilliant getting Kyrie and we didn't overpay.
.And the more divisive Isaiah play gets ,the more dissension and dysfunction the harder it will be to contend in playoffs .Agenda!!!! and what is that.
Here are some possibilities Not a Cleveland fan
Not a dwayne wade fan
Not a Lebron fan
Not a JR fan
Not a Crowder fan after Hayward
Think Isaiah is premature in his public criticism and leadership role
His not having a tribute when he came the first time -Pierce is right
Rondo is right
Hated back up the Brinks truck and even worse than flip flops -funny but not-
Isaiah was incredible last season and in promoting Boston
The more divisive he is for Cleveland the better,if this forces a bad trade move even better
I would relish Cleevland broken
I would love Lebron looking at Kyrie playing like a contender for MVP and happy
I have been a Celtics fan since i was a kid,
I never rooted for an opposing player or team ever-
Isaiah was in a special place in a special organization,with a special coach and with special defensive players and teammates
and special fans
« Last Edit: January 25, 2018, 11:44:10 AM by rollie mass »

« Reply #28 on: January 25, 2018, 11:36:02 AM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182
I wonder if IT is going to get the exact kind of contract he got from the Suns a few years ago. In today's salary structure, it would be roughly 11 million a year for 4 years.

I think it's more likely he tries to get some lower tier team that lacks a lead scorer and wants to make the playoffs to give him a George Hill type contract ... one year at 15-20 million with a team option or maybe even a second year player option, that kind of thing.

Let him rehab over the summer and then try to prove he can be a 25 ppg scorer again.

Then again, there aren't many teams with cap space this summer, so maybe he has to settle for 10-15 million.

Indiana's gonna have some cap space, I think. 

IT on a one year deal could look good alongside Oladipo, Sabonis, Myles Turner, etc, right?
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #29 on: January 25, 2018, 11:40:45 AM »

Offline wdleehi

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1607
  • Basketball is Newtonian Physics
I am still hoping the Cavs trade him soon to a team where he can regain a lot of what he was last year.