Author Topic: Isaiah getting clobbered on talk shows  (Read 9587 times)

Isaiah getting clobbered on talk shows
« on: January 25, 2018, 08:55:44 AM »

Offline rollie mass

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 1233
It was said he is playing like on ice ,falling all over the place.Can't play defense and thinks he is a superstar.And its all of them.Wright,Skip Bayless,Shannon ,Broussard.
The situation is toxic.
They are siding with Love and his 2nd best player and want Crowder benched.
They feel the Cavs better with Calderone and are really beating the drums for the Hill trade and his pairing with isaiah.
I'm going to watch that Spurs game.
There were claims of Boston fans spoiling Isaiah and a great coach and teammates covering up for him and this being a contract year and pressing for max.
Lebron is not having fun the team has a self centered flu.
And there was Kyrie easing a 4 game loss with his comments about youth and needing adversity to grow and mentoring Rozier from sideline like a coach

Re: Isaiah getting clobbered on talk shows
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2018, 09:02:01 AM »

Offline sed522002

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 221
I was just watching the video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZmAY5JIUUqs

Shannon was the same guy, just last week, going off on Pierce and essentially saying IT was a better and more relate-able Celtic..lol. But yeah, they are being BRUTAL with him this week. IT posted one of his installments to his series, on Twitter, and he ended up deleting it because the comments were out of this world..smh.

« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2018, 09:03:57 AM »

Online Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 1616
  • What a Pub Should Be
All those guys you named;  Wright, Sharpe, Bayless, etc....  are in the job of issuing hot takes.  Take all of that stuff with a heavy grain of salt.

Better yet, don't watch any of those "Embrace Debate" morning shows.  They're garbage.

2010 CB Historical Draft - Best Overall Team

« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2018, 09:06:34 AM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1547
All those guys you named;  Wright, Sharpe, Bayless, etc....  are in the job of issuing hot takes.  Take all of that stuff with a heavy grain of salt.

Better yet, don't watch any of those "Embrace Debate" morning shows.  They're garbage.
they are in that business, but they just as easily could have gone the other way and it still would have been a hot take.
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2018, 09:09:44 AM »

Online Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 1616
  • What a Pub Should Be

they are in that business, but they just as easily could have gone the other way and it still would have been a hot take.

I think most people are aware that's how it works.

2010 CB Historical Draft - Best Overall Team

« Reply #5 on: January 25, 2018, 09:09:48 AM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25628
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley

Yep. The entire basis of their shows is blowing stuff out of proportion.

IT is playing poorly, but Cleveland’s issues extend well beyond him.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #6 on: January 25, 2018, 09:17:14 AM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867

Yes and no

1st line of D is the pg

Ever since he has returned, their points against has increased

« Reply #7 on: January 25, 2018, 09:24:30 AM »

Offline sed522002

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 221
The only thing they said that I think makes sense is about his overnight super stardom and how that might not be who he is.

He went from essentially being the sixth man to a beloved, idolized superstar in Boston.

That's going to be very hard to replicate on another team (especially playing like the way he's playing right now). The fans here loved him and he hasn't built that love with the Cavs fans yet.

« Reply #8 on: January 25, 2018, 09:25:59 AM »

Offline green_bballers13

• NCE
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 321

The last sentence is correct.

The issue is that Kyrie is leading the best team in the East, while IT has been relatively inconsequential through 46 games.

Shannon Sharpe is a four letter word, but I think he's right: IT is not a superstar on CLE. He has a lot to prove that he's the same player that he was last year in BOS.

« Reply #9 on: January 25, 2018, 09:26:28 AM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25628
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley

Yes and no

1st line of D is the pg

They’re 4-11 in their last 15 games. IT has played in 8 of them, going 3-5. They’re 1-6 in that time period without him.

As I said, Cleveland’s issues go well beyond IT.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #10 on: January 25, 2018, 09:41:24 AM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
IT4 is a 6th man unless he can surround himself again on a team with 4 capable versatile defenders

« Reply #11 on: January 25, 2018, 09:42:55 AM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce

Yes and no

1st line of D is the pg

They’re 4-11 in their last 15 games. IT has played in 8 of them, going 3-5. They’re 1-6 in that time period without him.

As I said, Cleveland’s issues go well beyond IT.

Lets say Cavs had AB or even a healthy Beverly

I think they would be performing better

« Reply #12 on: January 25, 2018, 09:48:48 AM »

Offline green_bballers13

• NCE
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 321
IT4 is a 6th man unless he can surround himself again on a team with 4 capable versatile defenders

FA isn't going to go as IT wants it to go.

1) The NBA is stacked with PGs.
2) Teams need to be able to defend the guard position. IT doesn't help.
3) IT has hit his prime. There's a chance his performance only gets worse.
4) Teams are able to see how he handles adversity. I wouldn't say that he has passed with flying colors.

I know it is tough, but IT should have gratitude for being in the top 1% in the US as a short man who was selected with the last pick in the NBA draft. I don't think the chip on his shoulder will help his future happiness.

It's almost like dealing with a breakup with a smoking hot chick (haha like I would know about that). While you constantly think of what was and what could have been, it's prob best to move forward and think about how best to find happiness with someone else. Easier said than done.

« Reply #13 on: January 25, 2018, 09:49:08 AM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1547

I think most people are aware that's how it works.
No my point was, that if all of them were leaning to that side of the argument, then they probably all actually believe it.  Generally on shows like that, they like to have opposing view points because it makes the debate aspect of the show better.  The fact that they were all in agreement, means they all actually agree since either position was a hot take.
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #14 on: January 25, 2018, 09:52:07 AM »

Offline DefenseWinsChamps

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 766
I wonder if IT is going to get the exact kind of contract he got from the Suns a few years ago. In today's salary structure, it would be roughly 11 million a year for 4 years.