Author Topic: IT showin his true colors?  (Read 5298 times)

Re: IT showin his true colors?
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2018, 07:21:39 PM »

Offline celticinorlando

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 637
  • MASTER OF PANIC
I just don't think he fits personality wise there. He stills wants to be in Boston

« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2018, 07:34:32 PM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182
A player is undersized his whole life, so he is expected to fail at every level he plays.  Despite this, he works very hard and succeeds, at every level, culminating in a top 10 season in the NBA while leading a team that won 53 games.

He achieves this success on a team where the coach, widely considered a genius, is the unquestioned leader, management is among the best in the league, and the team is populated by overachieving, hard-working outcasts.

This player is then traded to a team full of veterans who couldn't care less about the regular season, many of whom have been highly regarded and well paid for most of their careers.  This new team doesn't practice, and the coach is little more than a figurehead.  The owner has a history of talking too much, and the GM is a rookie. 

Most importantly, the whole franchise revolves around a superstar player who wants to dictate how absolutely everything is done including who is on the team and how his teammates play off him.  Said superstar, in his fifteenth season, truly doesn't care about the regular season and this apathy trickles down to his teammates.  The superstar has been the best or one of the best players in the league his whole career after being drafted #1 overall as a storied high school recruit; he has never known a time when he wasn't considered a big deal and expected to succeed beyond all others.

And we're surprised this player, Isaiah Thomas, isn't happy on his new team?
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2018, 07:37:07 PM »

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 789
The cavs have no idea how to hide IT on defense. Guards blow past him and kevin love doesn't know what to do .. That's why IT blames love

« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2018, 07:38:37 PM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182
The cavs have no idea how to hide IT on defense. Guards blow past him and kevin love doesn't know what to do .. That's why IT blames love

Brad Stevens deserves even more credit than he's gotten for devising a gameplan for hiding Isaiah.  Worked for several years in the regular season and got them to the ECF last year.
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #5 on: January 24, 2018, 07:40:25 PM »

Offline Ilikesports17

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 842
What PhoSita said
Quote from: George W. Bush
Too often, we judge other groups by their worst examples while judging ourselves by our best intentions.

« Reply #6 on: January 24, 2018, 07:41:45 PM »

Offline celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1386

Brad Stevens deserves even more credit than he's gotten for devising a gameplan for hiding Isaiah.  Worked for several years in the regular season and got them to the ECF last year.

I agree with this, but it also can't be said enough how bad a coach Lue is and that Cleveland doesn't have the defensive talent to cover IT that Boston did (Smith, Wade, Rose versus Bradley and Smart)

« Reply #7 on: January 24, 2018, 07:42:33 PM »

Offline hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2700
I just don't think he fits personality wise there. He stills wants to be in Boston

Yeah, he's just calling out bs when he sees it.

« Reply #8 on: January 24, 2018, 07:50:19 PM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25636
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
“True colors” isn’t the right word. He’s never been anything but a hard worker and leader.

But, after playing 8 games, I don’t think he should be calling guys out, especially when he’s playing poorly.  My guess? He’s trying to be a leader, and he’s got no patience for guys sitting out games after what he’s been through. But, just like Gerald Wallace didn’t have much credibility when he was criticizing the team’s a few years back, IT hasn’t proven himself to his teammates yet.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #9 on: January 24, 2018, 07:57:45 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2961
Klove has always been a sissy ,   with Kelly picking on him and all .   IT just pointing ojt the facts :)

« Reply #10 on: January 24, 2018, 07:58:33 PM »

Offline Big333223

• NCE
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 741
A player is undersized his whole life, so he is expected to fail at every level he plays.  Despite this, he works very hard and succeeds, at every level, culminating in a top 10 season in the NBA while leading a team that won 53 games.

He achieves this success on a team where the coach, widely considered a genius, is the unquestioned leader, management is among the best in the league, and the team is populated by overachieving, hard-working outcasts.

This player is then traded to a team full of veterans who couldn't care less about the regular season, many of whom have been highly regarded and well paid for most of their careers.  This new team doesn't practice, and the coach is little more than a figurehead.  The owner has a history of talking too much, and the GM is a rookie. 

Most importantly, the whole franchise revolves around a superstar player who wants to dictate how absolutely everything is done including who is on the team and how his teammates play off him.  Said superstar, in his fifteenth season, truly doesn't care about the regular season and this apathy trickles down to his teammates.  The superstar has been the best or one of the best players in the league his whole career after being drafted #1 overall as a storied high school recruit; he has never known a time when he wasn't considered a big deal and expected to succeed beyond all others.

And we're surprised this player, Isaiah Thomas, isn't happy on his new team?
“True colors” isn’t the right word. He’s never been anything but a hard worker and leader.

But, after playing 8 games, I don’t think he should be calling guys out, especially when he’s playing poorly.  My guess? He’s trying to be a leader, and he’s got no patience for guys sitting out games after what he’s been through. But, just like Gerald Wallace didn’t have much credibility when he was criticizing the team’s a few years back, IT hasn’t proven himself to his teammates yet.

Both of these things, I'd say. TP's
1957, 1959, 1960, 1961, 1962, 1963, 1964, 1965, 1966, 1968, 1969, 1974, 1976, 1981, 1984, 1986, 2008

« Reply #11 on: January 24, 2018, 08:16:38 PM »

Offline mainevent

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 203
"The Little Guy" fit here better than he had anywhere else, plus this was HIS team. He had Mayweather courtside, became boys with Tom Brady and Big Papi, giving away jersey's after games and was loved everywhere he went in the city. He HAD to be crushed when he got that call...he had JUST made it to where he'd been fighting to be recognized and it all blew up on him. A large part of me truly believes he dug his own grave here with the cockiness and arrogance regarding the 'brinks truck' chatter even going as far as to have slippers made with brinks truck on them. What he experienced last year in Boston will possibly never be duplicated by him anywhere else he plays. It's like another dude taking the best/hottest girlfriend you've ever had right from under your nose. One you bragged to your boys about how much in love with you she was...one you just knew you were gonna marry, and now you've got to see her riding around all hugged up with someone else...and they look GOOD together! To top it off, you gotta move to the town where the dude who took her was a hero!! Who wouldn't be p---ed!
"Mosquitoes refuse to bite me....purely out of respect"

« Reply #12 on: January 24, 2018, 08:25:25 PM »

Offline sed522002

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 221
Twitter lit him up since yesterday

« Last Edit: January 24, 2018, 08:41:49 PM by sed522002 »

« Reply #13 on: January 24, 2018, 08:32:10 PM »

Offline sed522002

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 221
What he experienced last year in Boston will possibly never be duplicated by him anywhere else he plays.

They was talking about it on one of the sports shows and I get it. They said that in Boston,he went from being shuffled around  with the other teams, to gaining idol status with the fans. He doesn’t have that same cache with the Cavs fans or the team. He hasn’t proven anything to them yet. So he’s taking a beating in the media right now.

« Reply #14 on: January 24, 2018, 08:34:53 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2961

exactly

we ll take him back.....Trade Cavs Yabu and bring him home .