Author Topic: Mock Trade Deadline  (Read 50178 times)

Re: Mock Trade Dealine
« Reply #135 on: January 27, 2018, 06:16:58 PM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion
WOJ: Sources tell ESPN that the LA Lakers are looking to dump any salary they can in order to have a big summer. Nobody is off the table, besides.
Besides who?
WOJ: I don’t know what happened there. I’ll blame my phone ;)

It should have read “besides Kuzma and Ingram, but LA is still listening to offers on those two”
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #136 on: January 27, 2018, 06:32:40 PM »

Offline CsBanner18

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 21
WOJ: The Memphis Grizzlies have yet to indicate a willingness to part with veteran center Marc Gasol. They’d still prefer to keep Gasol and Conley, while potential adding a high lottery pick. There’s a growing sense around the league that Gasol can be had if Memphis is wowed with a rebuilding package—including: young prospects/draft picks.

Remember, the Grizzlies still owe their own 2019 first round pick (protected top-8) to the Boston Celtics—which has a bunch of complicated protections—and could eventually become an unprotected first in 2021. Memphis wants to minimize the value of the pick owed to Boston.

TYREKE EVANS is said to be available to the highest bidder at the deadline. The Grizzlies are looking for a young prospect/first round pick to get negotiations started.

There are also whispers that the Grizzlies may be willing to part with draft picks to get rid of Chandler Parsons’ unwanted salary.

« Reply #137 on: January 27, 2018, 07:04:12 PM »

Offline saltlover

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2619
Breaking news out of New Orleans:

The Pelicans and Lakers have agreed on a trade.  The Lakers will receive DeMarcus Cousins, Tony Allen, and Cheick Diallo from New Orleans in return for Jordan Clarkson, Larry Nance Jr., and Josh Hart.

Statements from the Lakers and Pelicans will follow shortly.

http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=y7jvqrsd

« Reply #138 on: January 27, 2018, 07:22:58 PM »

Offline CELTICSofBOSTON

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 73

The Pelicans and Lakers have agreed on a trade.  The Lakers will receive DeMarcus Cousins, Tony Allen, and Cheick Diallo from New Orleans in return for Jordan Clarkson, Larry Nance Jr., and Josh Hart.

Bravo Lakers organization and Pelicans organization.  Terrific move by both sides. 

« Reply #139 on: January 27, 2018, 07:27:10 PM »

Offline saltlover

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2619
Statement from New Orleans Pelicans:

We would like to thank DeMarcus Cousins for his terrific basketball this past year.  He took his game to a new level, and helped carry this team to it's best work this decade.  We are devastated for his injury, but know based on the competitive spirit and effort he showed this season that he will return to continue his stellar career sooner than later.

Unfortunately we were left with a difficult decision, and chose to trade DeMarcus to honor the work that he and the rest of the team have put in this year.  We have been very impressed with the play of Clarkson, Nance, and Hart this season, and expect they will join this team to both make it to and advance in the playoffs.

As part of the deal, the Pelicans noted that they will receive a $6.5 million trade exception.
« Last Edit: January 27, 2018, 07:55:38 PM by saltlover »

« Reply #140 on: January 27, 2018, 07:40:40 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • Tommy Points: 2944
  • On To Banner 18!
Woj: The Knicks are throwing out feelers to teams, letting them know that Kyle O'Quinn and Hernangomez are available for a mid-late first round pick. Other names available for the right price include Kanter, Lance Thomas, Courtney Lee, and Doug McDermott. However, things could change in this market and depending on what stars emerge as trade targets, Knicks will approach diligently. But O'Quinn and Hernangomez are truly available, preferably for a mid-to-late first round pick.
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #141 on: January 27, 2018, 07:41:10 PM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
Los Angeles Lakers Statement:

We're about winning. That's the ultimate goal here in LA. Winning requires risk taking. We know that DeMarcus is hurt right now, but we're willing to take that risk. We all know what DeMarcus can do (basically everything). We're also in this for the long haul. Getting his Bird Rights was something we were very high on. He's one of the best passing bigs in the game, and we're looking forward to thrall movement he'll provide alongside Lonzo.

Diallo is an athletic low risk big. We're looking forward to what he can do, but we're not going to pressure him.

Tony Allen is Tony Allen. Any minutes he can give alongside Lonzo and Brandon will be much appreciated.

We'd like to thank Jordan, Larry and Josh for their contributions. Despite a season with considerable controversy associating the Lakers, they always put in good work for Coach Walton.

« Reply #142 on: January 27, 2018, 08:08:55 PM »

Offline DefenseWinsChamps

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 766

Somehow, it feels like both teams lost this trade.

Although I do like Nance.

« Reply #143 on: January 27, 2018, 08:19:11 PM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach

Interesting. I’m not going to pretend to speak for New Orleans, but I find it mutually beneficial. New Orleans gets one of the best scoring guards off the bench, plus some wing depth and big depth. We at LA get to get a low risk prospect, one of the grittiest guards in the NBA, and DMC. Demarcus may be high risk, but when he’s healthy he’s a top 10 player in the league. Even if he comes back less physically dominant, he’s still an elite scorer from everywhere, as well as a great passer.

Not sure where the loss comes from

« Reply #144 on: January 27, 2018, 08:21:35 PM »

Offline Birdman

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 413
Like it for new Orleans..Davis and Holiday with Nance, Clarkson, Moore and Rondo is not bad
C/PF-Horford, Baynes, Noel, Theis, Morris,
SF/SG- Tatum, Brown, Hayward, Smart, Semi, Clark
PG- Irving, Rozier, Larkin

« Reply #145 on: January 27, 2018, 08:27:44 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • Tommy Points: 2944
  • On To Banner 18!

Honestly, I don't think either team lost the trade, but neither team is a clear cut winner as well. Time will tell, and so will the extent of Cousin's injury (meaning how will he be when he comes back next season, tough to tell). Lakers probably get 1 of their 2 max guys for next season in Cousins, while Pelicans get Clarkson and Nance, along with a nice young prospect. It also has to do with the cap implications since they would have had to re-up Cousins this summer and were low on cap space I believe.
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #146 on: January 27, 2018, 08:34:51 PM »

Offline action781

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 609

I feel similarly.  Right *now* I think both teams lost, but I expect these moves could both be wins after seeing additional moves.

NOP had an interesting strategy going for them with the two dominant big man frontcourt.  They've now gone from two superstars to a lone superstar to build around and I just don't see the means there to build around AD without any good draft picks in their pocket and with Jrue, Asik, and Hill's contracts still on their books.  I do like Nance a lot, but I don't think any of the players acquired will ever come close to being an all-star level player.  I'd be interested in hearing more about their plan to build with this group...  or maybe they have more trades in mind.  I don't hate that they got rid of Boogie rather than hand him a terrible contract this offseason.  Maybe I just would have hoped they attached a bad contract to him or got better young talent in return.  In their quest to build around AD in the past 12 months, they turned Buddy Hield, Tyreke Evans, and first and second round picks into Clarkson, Nance, and Hart.  They were dealt a rough hand though since they acquired a healthy Cousins but had to trade an injured one.  My overall take: they had a crappy situation to begin with, made it slightly better, but still have work to do.

For LAL, the Boogie bird rights is irrelevant because they will be under the cap next season, so will have a cap hold on him until he signs.  I think they are still just short of space for another max contract offering, but that could be achieved with some more moves.  My big thing is... they could have just signed Boogie in FA next offseason.  What advantage have they secured in his long term future there by making this trade?  If none, then why lose Nance and Hart in a trade for him?  If more moves are in their plans, then this trade could end up looking like a huge win I will say.  Also, I'm not sure I love the fit with Lonzo and Boogie.  Boogie wants to be fed the ball.  Lonzo wants the ball to move around a lot.  Lonzo wants to run, Boogie wants to walk.  Lance was a great fit with Lonzo.
2020 CelticsStrong All-2000s Draft -- Utah Jazz

Finals Starters:  Jason Kidd - Reggie Miller - PJ Tucker - Al Horford - Shaq
Bench:  Rajon Rondo - Trae Young - Marcus Smart - Jaylen Brown -  Peja Stojakovic - Jamal Mashburn - Carlos Boozer - Tristan Thompson - Mehmet Okur

« Reply #147 on: January 27, 2018, 08:57:05 PM »

Online tazzmaniac

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 549
Surprised by the comments.  Seems like a clear win for the Lakers.  They get by far the best player, a top 20 player albeit injured.  They get rid of Clarkson's contract without giving up anything of significance.  Cousins being in his last year of his contract is a plus.  If the Lakers can somehow move Deng without taking much salary back, they could potentially get Lebron and George and let Cousins walk. 

NOP just got 3 bench players and 6.5M in salary relief and trade exception.  AD would not be pleased with this trade.   

« Reply #148 on: January 27, 2018, 08:57:18 PM »

Offline Quetzalcoatl

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 419
Can there be a few days where no trades can go in?  It makes this not work well imo

« Reply #149 on: January 27, 2018, 09:32:36 PM »

Offline Bucketgetter

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 11
Reports are the Timberwolves are looking to find a better fit at point guard. Jeff Teague is available, and even watch out for Andrew Wiggins’ name to be brought up in conversations..
CB Mock Deadline - Minnesota Timberwolves
Kemba Walker / Tyus Jones / Aaron Brooks
Jimmy Butler / Jamal Crawford / Treveon Graham
Rodney Hood / Nic Batum / Marcus Georges Hunt
Taj Gibson / Nemanja Bjelica / Jonas Jerebko
KAT / Derrick Favors / Cole Aldrich
Picks - 2018 CHA 1st (Lotto protected), none out