Author Topic: Who got snubbed for all-star game?  (Read 1750 times)

Re: Who got snubbed for all-star game?
« Reply #15 on: January 24, 2018, 09:04:23 PM »

Offline Ilikesports17

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 842
thought they got it right honestly.
Quote from: George W. Bush
Too often, we judge other groups by their worst examples while judging ourselves by our best intentions.

« Reply #16 on: January 24, 2018, 09:22:17 PM »

Offline pearljammer10

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 885
The Heat not having a single all-star while the Pelicans have two is also a snub. Dragic and Whiteside each had a good case, and the Heat are 4th in the East, 0.5 games behind Cleveland.

Heat will most likely be 3 seed within a week

And 8th or 9th seed by the end of the year.

Lou Williams got totally snubbed.

« Reply #17 on: January 24, 2018, 11:11:36 PM »

Offline bdm860

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 4593
Lou Williams has been awesome but I don't know who you knock off. Draymond is the reigning DPOY and is a huge part of the best team in the league. Looking down the list of West All Stars, I just don't see anyone who deserves the spot less than him.

Personally I think I'd drop Klay Thompsom. Then maybe Draymond or Jimmy Butler.

Not that they aren't all deserving of an All-Star bid, but at the same time I don't think they're more deserving than Williams.

Klay because Williams has better stats and It's easiest to drop one of the Warriors 4 All-Stars. Similar argument for Draymond and Butler (Wolves don't deserve 2).

Goes back to my coaches argument. Can you really tell me It's not pretty much a coin toss between Klay and Williams? So I'd give to the guy whose never been and will probably never get the chance again.  Maybe the coaches just don't want to provide the Warriors with any extra motivation though.

After 18 months with their Bigs, the Littles were: 46% less likely to use illegal drugs, 27% less likely to use alcohol, 52% less likely to skip school, 37% less likely to skip a class

« Reply #18 on: January 24, 2018, 11:18:40 PM »

Offline TheisTheisBaby

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 32
Lou Williams by far.  And while I get that for some reason Draymond Green gets SEVERELY overrated on defense, he darn sure shouldn't be a perennial all-star.  Take him off.

« Reply #19 on: January 24, 2018, 11:20:31 PM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion
Lou Williams by far.  And while I get that for some reason Draymond Green gets SEVERELY overrated on defense, he darn sure shouldn't be a perennial all-star.  Take him off.
I remember someone trying to argue he was a top 10 player in the league lol. He’s vastly overrated, and gets away with a lot
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #20 on: January 24, 2018, 11:27:28 PM »

Offline TheisTheisBaby

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 32
I remember someone trying to argue he was a top 10 player in the league lol. He’s vastly overrated, and gets away with a lot

If Draymond Green was your BEST player you're not sniffing the playoffs.  There's a legit case that he's not even the Warriors 4th best player over Iggy. 

« Reply #21 on: January 25, 2018, 12:05:30 AM »

Online Big333223

• NCE
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 742
Lou Williams has been awesome but I don't know who you knock off. Draymond is the reigning DPOY and is a huge part of the best team in the league. Looking down the list of West All Stars, I just don't see anyone who deserves the spot less than him.

Not that they aren't all deserving of an All-Star bid, but at the same time I don't think they're more deserving than Williams.

Klay because Williams has better stats and It's easiest to drop one of the Warriors 4 All-Stars. Similar argument for Draymond and Butler (Wolves don't deserve 2).

Goes back to my coaches argument. Can you really tell me It's not pretty much a coin toss between Klay and Williams? So I'd give to the guy whose never been and will probably never get the chance again.  Maybe the coaches just don't want to provide the Warriors with any extra motivation though.

But is Williams really better than Klay? Klay averages 3 fewer points on better percentages and is a much, much better defensive player. That feels like penalizing Klay for having better teammates, to me.

If Draymond Green was your BEST player you're not sniffing the playoffs.  There's a legit case that he's not even the Warriors 4th best player over Iggy.

No there isn't.

EDIT: Draymond Green is a better defender than Iggy and averages more points, rebounds, assists, steals, and blocks and shoots better from the field, from 3, and at the line. I do wonder what "legit case" you might be thinking about.
1957, 1959, 1960, 1961, 1962, 1963, 1964, 1965, 1966, 1968, 1969, 1974, 1976, 1981, 1984, 1986, 2008

« Reply #22 on: January 25, 2018, 12:15:32 AM »

Offline rondofan1255

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 527
I'd swap Draymond out.

« Reply #23 on: January 25, 2018, 12:22:44 AM »

Offline celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1393

I 100% agree with the first part of this. Would love to see green on the magic. They would still be lottery

« Reply #24 on: January 25, 2018, 01:08:09 AM »

Offline bdm860

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 4593

But is Williams really better than Klay? Klay averages 3 fewer points on better percentages and is a much, much better defensive player. That feels like penalizing Klay for having better teammates, to me.

Is Williams better than Klay?  No.

Is Williams playing better than Klay?  Yes.

It's not about punishing Klay, but why do we have to reward Klay for anything though?

3 fewer points is significant (and even more so when you look at Per-36, where it's a 5 point and 3 assist and 0.5 steal difference), and their TS% are practically identical.  Overall the stats favor Lou: better ppg, apg, spg, PER, WS, BPM, etc.

After 18 months with their Bigs, the Littles were: 46% less likely to use illegal drugs, 27% less likely to use alcohol, 52% less likely to skip school, 37% less likely to skip a class

« Reply #25 on: January 25, 2018, 06:11:59 PM »

Online Big333223

• NCE
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 742

Is Williams better than Klay?  No.

Is Williams playing better than Klay?  Yes.

It's not about punishing Klay, but why do we have to reward Klay for anything though?

3 fewer points is significant (and even more so when you look at Per-36, where it's a 5 point and 3 assist and 0.5 steal difference), and their TS% are practically identical.  Overall the stats favor Lou: better ppg, apg, spg, PER, WS, BPM, etc.

I guess I just don't agree with that. Lou has been excellent. Definitely deserving of an all star spot. But given the giant chasm of a disparity in their defensive abilities and factoring in their roles on their respective teams (it matters to me that Klay is contributing to a 38-10 team while Lou is contributing to a 23-24 team) I still give the edge to Klay.

If, for some reason, the NBA wasn't going to exist anymore after this season and the money didn't matter, would GS swap Klay for Lou if offered? I think the answer is heck no. For the Clippers, the answer would be yes.
1957, 1959, 1960, 1961, 1962, 1963, 1964, 1965, 1966, 1968, 1969, 1974, 1976, 1981, 1984, 1986, 2008