Author Topic: Cavs and Kings close on Hill deal  (Read 3704 times)

Re: Cavs and Kings close on Hill deal
« Reply #15 on: January 24, 2018, 04:07:54 PM »

Offline Birdman

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 412
LeBron will still be crying that he needs more help like he does every year
C/PF-Horford, Baynes, Noel, Theis, Morris,
SF/SG- Tatum, Brown, Hayward, Smart, Semi, Clark
PG- Irving, Rozier, Larkin

« Reply #16 on: January 24, 2018, 04:15:35 PM »

Offline celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1386
Saw this rumor earlier today.  I normally take them with a grain of salt, but Hill was held out of tonight’s game, so it probably is close to fruition. If Sac can get out of most of Hill’s contract for one year of a cheaper Shumpert, that’s a win, even with no picks involved.

I don’t think this is a terribly good move for Cleveland.
Only 1M of Hill's 2019 salary is guaranteed so the Kings are freeing up less than 10M over the next 2 years.
well Shumpert could opt out

Why in the world would he do that? That is just giving up 10 million dollars it will take him 3 years to make on the open market. He has had an injury plagued season and wouldn't even the get the mid level on the open market...

« Reply #17 on: January 24, 2018, 04:18:38 PM »

Offline celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis
This trade seems like rearranging the deck chairs on the titanic. They need someone like cousins or George to move the needle at all. Need to trade Lovr/IT Another washed up guard isn't doing anything besides making them lose by 1 loss point against the leagues elite. Would be interesting to see them get some talent like hood and start putting pieces in place for a rebuild. Lue also needs to be fired

« Reply #18 on: January 24, 2018, 04:19:31 PM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1533
Saw this rumor earlier today.  I normally take them with a grain of salt, but Hill was held out of tonight’s game, so it probably is close to fruition. If Sac can get out of most of Hill’s contract for one year of a cheaper Shumpert, that’s a win, even with no picks involved.

I don’t think this is a terribly good move for Cleveland.
Only 1M of Hill's 2019 salary is guaranteed so the Kings are freeing up less than 10M over the next 2 years.
well Shumpert could opt out

Why in the world would he do that? That is just giving up 10 million dollars it will take him 3 years to make on the open market. He has had an injury plagued season and wouldn't even the get the mid level on the open market...
Sure it is unlikely, but he may just not want to be in Sacramento. 
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #19 on: January 24, 2018, 04:22:05 PM »

Offline blink

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1469
I don't think this is a move that makes Clev significantly better.  Hill is a decent player, his 3point % have been really good the last 3 years, but if they plan on starting him with IT that is 5'10" + 6'2" in the backcourt together uggg.  I think this makes clev worse overall on def, but might help them on offense, a little.  But offense really isn't their problem.

Don't anyone try to tell me that Hill is as good a defender as Bradley was last year either.  I won't be convinced.  lol

« Reply #20 on: January 24, 2018, 04:23:11 PM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
This trade seems like rearranging the deck chairs on the titanic. They need someone like cousins or George to move the needle at all. Need to trade Lovr/IT Another washed up guard isn't doing anything besides making them lose by 1 loss point against the leagues elite. Would be interesting to see them get some talent like hood and start putting pieces in place for a rebuild. Lue also needs to be fired
Hill obviously isn't going to alter a Golden State series, but Shumpert and Frye are essentially worthless to the Cavs and Hill is not.  Hill also becomes the best guard defender on the team.  Something everyone knows they need, and he is a good 3 point shooter so you can just leave him out there on both ends.  I would imagine, Hill starts next to Thomas, and would take the stronger guard assignment defensively (since he can guard most PG's and SG's).  He just adds a nice steady defensive presence they are lacking.

« Reply #21 on: January 24, 2018, 04:23:39 PM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
I don't think this is a move that makes Clev significantly better.  Hill is a decent player, his 3point % have been really good the last 3 years, but if they plan on starting him with IT that is 5'10" + 6'2" in the backcourt together uggg.  I think this makes clev worse overall on def, but might help them on offense, a little.  But offense really isn't their problem.

Don't anyone try to tell me that Hill is as good a defender as Bradley was last year either.  I won't be convinced.  lol
He isn't as good as Bradley, but he is still a better defender than any guard currently on the Cavs

« Reply #22 on: January 24, 2018, 04:24:42 PM »

Offline celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis
Hill obviously isn't going to alter a Golden State series, but Shumpert and Frye are essentially worthless to the Cavs and Hill is not.  Hill also becomes the best guard defender on the team.  Something everyone knows they need, and he is a good 3 point shooter so you can just leave him out there on both ends.  I would imagine, Hill starts next to Thomas, and would take the stronger guard assignment defensively (since he can guard most PG's and SG's).  He just adds a nice steady defensive presence they are lacking.

Do you think it is worth anything that Frye is beloved in that locker room and players have been frustrated he hasn't been playing more. Between losing rj and now frye, their locker room could have even worse issues

« Reply #23 on: January 24, 2018, 04:24:59 PM »

Offline blink

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1469

He isn't as good as Bradley, but he is still a better defender than any guard currently on the Cavs

I agree with you, but the bar isn't very high.

« Reply #24 on: January 24, 2018, 05:33:29 PM »

Offline RodyTur10

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 291
  • Always offline from 9pm till 3am

Do you think it is worth anything that Frye is beloved in that locker room and players have been frustrated he hasn't been playing more. Between losing rj and now frye, their locker room could have even worse issues

That's something I understand. That guy can still shoot. He should be playing more. How many times I've seen a team hanging in there with Cleveland (I'm always rooting against them) and then when one of their stars sit and you're thinking 'well maybe now they can make a run', you had Frye draining threes, very demoralizing. He's capable of going 4-7 from outside with regularity. I value him even more as a shooter than Korver, since against traditional centers he's such a mismatch.

Cleveland makes a mistake by throwing him in as trade filler. Sacramento looks to like him as an expiring contract, but I don't really understand why. They will have a lot of cap space if the proposed trade goes through and the free agent market is excellent this year and the following from a team's perspective. However, who'll they convince to start playing for that Kings' team? That's not an attractive location. If I were Sacramento I would want tangelible assets (like draft picks).

« Reply #25 on: January 24, 2018, 05:39:16 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2961
LeBron will still be crying that he needs more help like he does every year

I just cant't t believe it , the greatest  player on earth cry ?

when ?