Author Topic: Cavs and Kings close on Hill deal  (Read 3701 times)

Cavs and Kings close on Hill deal
« on: January 23, 2018, 09:47:38 PM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1533
Looks like Shumpert and Frye for Hill.  Apparently a 2nd round pick is being discussed and appears to be the hang up at this point.  Of course until the deal is made and announced who really knows what is going on.
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

Re: Cavs and Kings close on Hill deal
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2018, 09:55:17 PM »

Offline saltlover

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2619
Saw this rumor earlier today.  I normally take them with a grain of salt, but Hill was held out of tonight’s game, so it probably is close to fruition. If Sac can get out of most of Hill’s contract for one year of a cheaper Shumpert, that’s a win, even with no picks involved.

I don’t think this is a terribly good move for Cleveland.

« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2018, 09:57:33 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • Tommy Points: 2923
  • On To Banner 18!
LOL imagine if the Cavs trade for Hill, while the Celtics get Richardson+Skal in a cheaper trade to facilitate that George Hill trade  :laugh:
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2018, 09:59:03 PM »

Offline Eddie20

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 975
Frye immediately becomes a likely buyout candidate. Which makes immediately think of how good of a fit he would be on this team. Not a major minutes guy, but definitely a player you can insert to provide an offensive spark and creating spacing. Plus, I think our ability to play defense will hide some of the issues on that end. 

« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2018, 10:04:59 PM »

Offline Eddie20

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 975
LOL imagine if the Cavs trade for Hill, while the Celtics get Richardson+Skal in a cheaper trade to facilitate that George Hill trade  :laugh:

Richardson is horrible and Skal, although talented, has so many issues with his defensive awareness that I question if he would get much playing time.

« Reply #5 on: January 23, 2018, 10:20:47 PM »

Offline GreenWarrior

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 228
how many pg's do they need?

I've come to the conclusion they shouldn't make a move that is "all in" for this season... unless they pull off something miraculous that lands 'em a stud that puts 'em above GS.

they do have talent there as well as veterans that have the playoff experience. I think they've done about as well as they could given that next season is in question as far as who's stayin & who's goin.

they've assembled a collection of talent and added a chip for the future... and they still have LeBron. for a team who's next season is up in the air I think they've given themselves a fighting chance. really the only thing this team needs is to get their heads outta their bums.

« Reply #6 on: January 23, 2018, 10:48:33 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2961
This is not going to change a thing .

Instead of losing by 20 points they now losse by 19 .

Gonna have to trade something valuable to make a serious difference .....their own pick , KLove and or the Nets pick .  Maybe all to get Bron to stay . ......but I don't think they want to reinvest in Bron future .    TOO OLD

« Reply #7 on: January 23, 2018, 11:24:38 PM »

Online tazzmaniac

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 549
Saw this rumor earlier today.  I normally take them with a grain of salt, but Hill was held out of tonight’s game, so it probably is close to fruition. If Sac can get out of most of Hill’s contract for one year of a cheaper Shumpert, that’s a win, even with no picks involved.

Only 1M of Hill's 2019 salary is guaranteed so the Kings are freeing up less than 10M over the next 2 years. 

« Reply #8 on: January 24, 2018, 06:16:38 AM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith

Only 1M of Hill's 2019 salary is guaranteed so the Kings are freeing up less than 10M over the next 2 years.
well Shumpert could opt out

« Reply #9 on: January 24, 2018, 08:03:04 AM »

Offline mr. dee

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 597
As usual, Kings always gets robbed for garbage. If they want to send Hill, at least ask for a first rounder.

« Reply #10 on: January 24, 2018, 08:07:23 AM »

Offline Surferdad

• Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 972
  • "He fiddles...and diddles..."

I don't either.  Isn't Shumpert a better defender than Hill?

« Reply #11 on: January 24, 2018, 08:23:26 AM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith

I don't either.  Isn't Shumpert a better defender than Hill?
no.  Hill is a better defender and a much better shooter, making him much more likely to be in the rotation (and I actually think he might start next to Thomas).  Aside from the loss of the contracts of Shumpert and Frye (which makes another trade more difficult), this is a good trade for Cleveland.

« Reply #12 on: January 24, 2018, 08:29:08 AM »

Online tazzmaniac

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 549
As usual, Kings always gets robbed for garbage. If they want to send Hill, at least ask for a first rounder.
They can ask all they want but no one is giving up a 1st rounder for Hill. 

« Reply #13 on: January 24, 2018, 04:01:59 PM »

Offline spikelovetheCelts

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 113
  • Peace it's a board. We all will never agree.
Divac does not want to be burned. The Kings are the worst franchise by far in the NBA.  They would blow this second round pick. I think the had a good 2017 draft.
"People look at players, watch them dribble between their legs and they say, 'There's a superstar.'  Well John Havlicek is a superstar, and most of the others are figments of writers' imagination."
--Jerry West, on John Havlicek

« Reply #14 on: January 24, 2018, 04:06:42 PM »

Offline CFAN38

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 420
I thought this trade would make sense a while ago. By adding Hill opens up two rotational possibility for the Cavs.

1. They play IT and Hill together with Hill essentially playing ABs role from last season. Hill guards the PG while IT hides on the weaker wing player

2. Allows the Cavs to have a more defensivly balanced group with Hill at PG along with Wade, Jae Lebron and Thompson. Still not a great defense but at least improvement.
Mavs
Wiz
Hornet