Author Topic: Super Bowl LII: NE vs. PHI  (Read 41390 times)

Super Bowl LII: NE vs. PHI
« on: January 23, 2018, 09:28:32 PM »

Offline green_bballers13

• NCE
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 320
Let's go!!!! One more game for 6. This is absolute madness.

Looks like the Pats are favored by 5.5, but there's no way we can predict what's going to happen in a Patriots Super Bowl. We have seen so many wild plays- God it is good to be a New England fan.

My 3 Key Factors:
-Gronk
-O-line
-Ability to get Lewis/White/Burkhead in open space for 4+ yd gains.

Philly's defense is very good. I'm not sure that they're better than Jacksonville. If the Pats maintain control at the offensive line, I think we will have the result that many of us are looking for.

What are the big matchups in this one? Any hot takes?
« Last Edit: January 23, 2018, 09:40:48 PM by green_bballers13 »

Re: Super Bowl LII: NE vs. PHI
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2018, 09:30:53 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • Tommy Points: 2923
  • On To Banner 18!
Dear Pats,

Can you PLEASE win the SB by a comfortable margin if you do.

My 19 year old heart really can't handle all these last minute thrills/heart attacks over the years   

:laugh:
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2018, 09:35:34 PM »

Offline tarheelsxxiii

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1389
Sorry for the inevitable heartbreak, Philly.  But it's not like we singled you out as the one team Tommy felt like devastating in the 4th quarter.
The Tarstradamus Group, LLC

« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2018, 09:50:57 PM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182
I've learned never to doubt Brady and Bill.

That said, I don't like the matchup. A deep team with fast playmakers on offense and a diverse group of pass rushers is scary to me. I'm particularly concerned that the Pats defense is really bad against any kind of running or short pass plays that give backs room to run.

Mostly I'm hoping that the eagles had their best game of the season this past weekend and their inexperience will show in two weeks.

The Pats defense has trended up over the second half of the season, but it feels like they're lacking in true playmakers. They were good enough against the jags, but how will they handle Alshon, Ertz, Ajai, and Co?

I dunno, but I know that having the greatest QB and the greatest coach ever gives you a really good chance in any game.

I also know it's gonna be close and stressful, like every other SB game the Pats have been in during this run.
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2018, 10:11:43 PM »

Offline manl_lui

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 427
Dear Pats,

My 19 year old heart really can't handle all these last minute thrills/heart attacks over the years   

my 29 year old heart barely survived the JAX game, and i work in a 24/7 operations team, yea comfortable margin please, i don't want to die early lol

« Reply #5 on: January 23, 2018, 11:02:19 PM »

Offline azzenfrost

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 177
You have to admit, they sure were exciting.
I moved the cheese.

« Reply #6 on: January 23, 2018, 11:09:21 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • Tommy Points: 2923
  • On To Banner 18!
Dear Pats,

my 29 year old heart barely survived the JAX game, and i work in a 24/7 operations team, yea comfortable margin please, i don't want to die early lol

Dude if we have another last minute SB finish, I might actually have a heart attack...  :P
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #7 on: January 23, 2018, 11:58:47 PM »

Offline rocknrollforyoursoul

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 324
I've learned never to doubt Brady and Bill.

That said, I don't like the matchup. A deep team with fast playmakers on offense and a diverse group of pass rushers is scary to me. I'm particularly concerned that the Pats defense is really bad against any kind of running or short pass plays that give backs room to run.

Mostly I'm hoping that the eagles had their best game of the season this past weekend and their inexperience will show in two weeks.

The Pats defense has trended up over the second half of the season, but it feels like they're lacking in true playmakers. They were good enough against the jags, but how will they handle Alshon, Ertz, Ajai, and Co?

I dunno, but I know that having the greatest QB and the greatest coach ever gives you a really good chance in any game.

I also know it's gonna be close and stressful, like every other SB game the Pats have been in during this run.

The Pats run D was pretty good against Jax, allowing only 101 yards, and I think Fournette's better than any rusher on Philly's roster. But they do have some good receivers in Jeffrey and Ertz.

Did I hear correctly that this NE team is the biggest favorite EVER in a Super Bowl? Doesn't seem right, as Philly is pretty good. That said, Foles isn't exactly top-notch QB material, so hopefully the Pats D can really rattle him, and hopefully the big stage frightens a lot of the Eagles.

I thought the Pats were doomed in last year's SB, and I thought they were doomed against Jax. I guess I need to stop thinking that way—they do have Brady, after all. ;D
"There are two kinds of people: those who say to God, 'Thy will be done,' and those to whom God says, 'All right, then, have it your way.'"

"You don't have a soul. You are a Soul. You have a body."

— C.S. Lewis

« Reply #8 on: January 24, 2018, 12:00:36 AM »

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 789
Smart is crazy tonight

« Reply #9 on: January 24, 2018, 12:01:58 AM »

Offline green_bballers13

• NCE
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 320
I do not care if this game is good. A 42 pt win with zero intrigue and all Tom Brady praise would really hit the spot.

Tom must be thinking... wouldn't it be nice if we didn't have to rely on a huge 4th quarter in a Super Bowl.

I'm basically saying a Patriots Super Bowl is too exciting and too entertaining.

« Reply #10 on: January 24, 2018, 12:48:39 AM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion
I do not care if this game is good. A 42 pt win with zero intrigue and all Tom Brady praise would really hit the spot.

Tom must be thinking... wouldn't it be nice if we didn't have to rely on a huge 4th quarter in a Super Bowl.

I'm basically saying a Patriots Super Bowl is too exciting and too entertaining.
400 yards and 4 TD passes for Brady in an absolute blowout would be ideal. Just crush them please
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #11 on: January 24, 2018, 01:05:04 AM »

Offline kraidstar

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 2478
We might actually get some support from the home city here. Apparently VIkings fans were treated horribly at the NFC championship game and a lot of Vikes fans are pretty ticked. They were also throwing beer cans at fans and at the Vikings team bus.

https://sports.yahoo.com/vikings-fans-didnt-best-experience-eagles-game-180137998.html

http://ftw.usatoday.com/2018/01/philadelphia-eagles-fans-minnesota-vikings-tailgate-video

https://www.twincities.com/2018/01/22/vikings-adam-thielen-eagles-fans-videos-philadelphia/

« Reply #12 on: January 24, 2018, 01:28:17 AM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182

The Pats run D was pretty good against Jax, allowing only 101 yards, and I think Fournette's better than any rusher on Philly's roster. But they do have some good receivers in Jeffrey and Ertz.

They did fine on runs up the middle from Fournette, but looked as bad as ever against short passes to quicker guys (Grant or whoever).
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #13 on: January 24, 2018, 02:37:02 AM »

Offline GreenFaith1819

• NCE
  • Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 2785

WHO LET THE DOGS OUT???

Don't count PHI out.

But if the Celtics are still in a slump by the Superbowl, AND NE loses? This blog will SURELY implode.

And by the way - you COULD be a Redskins fan (me :'( ;D)

So count your blessings.

« Reply #14 on: January 24, 2018, 03:29:53 AM »

Offline SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 990
We might actually get some support from the home city here. Apparently VIkings fans were treated horribly at the NFC championship game and a lot of Vikes fans are pretty ticked. They were also throwing beer cans at fans and at the Vikings team bus.

https://sports.yahoo.com/vikings-fans-didnt-best-experience-eagles-game-180137998.html

http://ftw.usatoday.com/2018/01/philadelphia-eagles-fans-minnesota-vikings-tailgate-video

https://www.twincities.com/2018/01/22/vikings-adam-thielen-eagles-fans-videos-philadelphia/

I thought Vikings fans hated the Patriots, like the other 31 teams.

But I guess we'll get some unlikely supporters from Cowboys, Redskins, Giants, and the Vikings lol.

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)