Author Topic: Super Bowl LII: NE vs. PHI  (Read 41408 times)

Re: Super Bowl LII: NE vs. PHI
« Reply #30 on: February 01, 2018, 07:24:14 PM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion
Not that there was much doubt, but Gronkowski has cleared the concussion protocol and will play in the Super Bowl.

https://mobile.twitter.com/NFL/status/959168518137802753?ref_src=twsrc%5Egoogle%7Ctwcamp%5Eserp%7Ctwgr%5Etweet

Hopefully Brady and the Pats will be able to take advantage of this mismatch early in the game rather than falling behind by 25 points like last year!
I have a lot of hope they will take advantage of it. Philly is really good at taking wide receivers out of games but are not very good at slowing down TEs and running backs catching balls out of the backfield. Gronk, Lewis, and White should have big games. Also see a lot of WR screens happening. Hoping for a nice 10-14 point win.
That would be a nice refreshing change. A comfortable win please Bill
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #31 on: February 01, 2018, 07:55:16 PM »

Offline Cman

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 120
Not that there was much doubt, but Gronkowski has cleared the concussion protocol and will play in the Super Bowl.

https://mobile.twitter.com/NFL/status/959168518137802753?ref_src=twsrc%5Egoogle%7Ctwcamp%5Eserp%7Ctwgr%5Etweet

Hopefully Brady and the Pats will be able to take advantage of this mismatch early in the game rather than falling behind by 25 points like last year!
I have a lot of hope they will take advantage of it. Philly is really good at taking wide receivers out of games but are not very good at slowing down TEs and running backs catching balls out of the backfield. Gronk, Lewis, and White should have big games. Also see a lot of WR screens happening. Hoping for a nice 10-14 point win.
That would be a nice refreshing change. A comfortable win please Bill

I'd be on board with that. I don't think my heart and emotional well being can take another eke- it- out- from- behind- or- fall- just- short.
Celtics fan for life.

« Reply #32 on: February 01, 2018, 08:24:14 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • Tommy Points: 2923
  • On To Banner 18!
Dear Pats,

Can you PLEASE win the SB by a comfortable margin if you do.

My 19 year old heart really can't handle all these last minute thrills/heart attacks over the years   

:laugh:

Come on Pats. Try to win this by like a 20+ margin and make it easy  ;D
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #33 on: February 01, 2018, 10:36:11 PM »

Offline green_bballers13

• NCE
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 320
The two Bills was flipping awesome.

Tom v Time has been really good too.

The more I think Sundayl, the more I think that this is going to be the one relaxing SB where the broadcast takes a trip down memory lane with the Patriots through the years and rings as they enjoy a convincing victory.

Prediction: NE 31 PHI 17

« Reply #34 on: February 01, 2018, 11:10:08 PM »

Offline TheisTheisBaby

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 32
I'm just hoping for some entertaining, non-SJW style commercials and for Justin Timberlake to tear it up at halftime.  I hate both teams so no matter who wins I'm in football hell.

« Reply #35 on: February 02, 2018, 06:14:26 AM »

Offline azzenfrost

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 177
A competitive game is all I want.
I moved the cheese.

« Reply #36 on: February 04, 2018, 10:03:03 AM »

Online hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2700
Sounds like several Eagles players are coming down with the flu at the worst possible time:

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2757534-pinks-super-bowl-national-anthem-reportedly-jeopardized-by-flu?utm_source=cnn.com&utm_medium=referral&utm_campaign=editorial

"According to NFL Network's Ian Rapoport, Philadelphia Eagles wide receiver Nelson Agholor received an IV Saturday morning after he told the team's training staff he was "feeling sick and weak."

Eagles defensive tackle Timmy Jernigan, linebacker Mychal Kendricks and cornerback Ronald Darby were also feeling ill earlier in the week, per ESPN.com's Tim McManus. "

« Reply #37 on: February 04, 2018, 11:27:22 AM »

Offline ChillyWilly

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 619
Sounds like several Eagles players are coming down with the flu at the worst possible time:

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2757534-pinks-super-bowl-national-anthem-reportedly-jeopardized-by-flu?utm_source=cnn.com&utm_medium=referral&utm_campaign=editorial

"According to NFL Network's Ian Rapoport, Philadelphia Eagles wide receiver Nelson Agholor received an IV Saturday morning after he told the team's training staff he was "feeling sick and weak."

Eagles defensive tackle Timmy Jernigan, linebacker Mychal Kendricks and cornerback Ronald Darby were also feeling ill earlier in the week, per ESPN.com's Tim McManus. "

Jordan & Kobe both had their best performances when they had the flu.
ok fine

« Reply #38 on: February 04, 2018, 04:33:07 PM »

Offline Ilikesports17

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 842

Brady was sick at last years superbowl too.

Or was it SB49.

He also had a famous flu game way back in like 2003.

That said, I'd love to see Timmy Jernigan looking a little lethargic out there.
Quote from: George W. Bush
Too often, we judge other groups by their worst examples while judging ourselves by our best intentions.

« Reply #39 on: February 04, 2018, 04:40:56 PM »

Offline knuckleballer

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 664
The problem with the flu is the second half of the game as we saw in the 2006/2007 AFC Championship game.  After that long half time break, guys are likely to cramp up.

« Reply #40 on: February 04, 2018, 04:44:45 PM »

Online hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2700

Those guys are no Jordan, Kobe, or Brady though. Not even close.

« Reply #41 on: February 04, 2018, 06:47:14 PM »

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1254
The paralymic champion commercial is probably the first Super Bowl commercial to maybe make me almost cry

« Reply #42 on: February 04, 2018, 07:01:36 PM »

Offline GratefulCs

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 496
  • Salmon and Mashed Potatoes
extra point miss!!

could be the difference
I trust Danny Ainge

« Reply #43 on: February 04, 2018, 07:10:21 PM »

Offline ChillyWilly

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 619

Those guys are no Jordan, Kobe, or Brady though. Not even close.

Good point I didnt think my thought through enough.
ok fine

« Reply #44 on: February 04, 2018, 07:19:43 PM »

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1254
Dear NBC. We get it. The Olympics are coming. We get it