Author Topic: 2017-18 Boston Bruins Season...  (Read 67071 times)

Re: 2017-18 Boston Bruins Season...
« Reply #45 on: April 16, 2018, 10:58:57 PM »

Offline rocknrollforyoursoul

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 323
I think Toronto is better than what the box score showed in games 1 and 2. They are gritty and have some players. Auston Matthews is already a top player.

Well, of course they are better than they showed in games 1 & 2, and it proved true tonight.  But also, the Bruins clearly were the less aggressive team tonight, as tends to happen when you go up 2-0 in a series after outscoring the other team 12-4.

Game 4 will be telling.

I agree. If Boston wins Game 4, they probably finish it off in Game 5; if Toronto wins Game 4, things get interesting.
"There are two kinds of people: those who say to God, 'Thy will be done,' and those to whom God says, 'All right, then, have it your way.'"

"You don't have a soul. You are a Soul. You have a body."

— C.S. Lewis

« Reply #46 on: April 17, 2018, 12:34:56 AM »

Offline SparzWizard

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 987
I think Toronto is better than what the box score showed in games 1 and 2. They are gritty and have some players. Auston Matthews is already a top player.

Well, of course they are better than they showed in games 1 & 2, and it proved true tonight.  But also, the Bruins clearly were the less aggressive team tonight, as tends to happen when you go up 2-0 in a series after outscoring the other team 12-4.

Game 4 will be telling.

I agree. If Boston wins Game 4, they probably finish it off in Game 5; if Toronto wins Game 4, things get interesting.

If Toronto wins Game 4 then momentum swings to their side. They'd have the slight advantage in controlling the series, although the TD Garden environment will def be rocking for Game 5.

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

« Reply #47 on: April 19, 2018, 09:47:42 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
Huge win by Bruins without Bergeron. Rusk was awesome!

« Reply #48 on: April 19, 2018, 09:48:39 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • Tommy Points: 2912
  • On To Banner 18!
No Bergeron, No Problem! BRUINS WIN!!!  ;D

Tukka Rask was SENSATIONAL tonight. Best player on the ice and kept us in it until we broke the tie late in the 2nd period.

Now hopefully Bergeron's injury isn't too serious and we get him back for Game 5.

Lets end it and send Toronto packing on Saturday night!  8)
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #49 on: April 19, 2018, 09:50:18 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club

Tukka Rask was SENSATIONAL tonight. Best player on the ice and kept us in it until we broke the tie late in the 2nd period.

Now hopefully Bergeron's injury isn't too serious and we get him back for Game 5.

Loved seeing the shots of the thousands of people outside be quieter than mice. LOL.

« Reply #50 on: April 19, 2018, 09:53:09 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • Tommy Points: 2912
  • On To Banner 18!

Loved seeing the shots of the thousands of people outside be quieter than mice. LOL.

Yep I usually HATE watching live playoff games on the road, but I decided to just watch and that 2nd period was helluva stressful but luckily they weathered the storm and played smart in the 3rd period to milk the clock and ensure the win!  ;D

Honestly wasn't looking good in the 2nd and the energy in the building was intense, but Rask was MVP tonight.
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

Boston Bruins 2018 Playoffs
« Reply #51 on: April 20, 2018, 10:37:25 AM »

Offline BudweiserCeltic

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1818
Boston Bruins are also in the playoffs, and they're up 3-1 in the first round. I don't watch much hockey, but like to tune in during the playoffs. They seem to have had a good season, so let's hope they can go all the way this year.

Anyone else watching?

Re: Boston Bruins 2018 Playoffs
« Reply #52 on: April 20, 2018, 10:59:01 AM »

Offline BringToughnessBack

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 941
Boston Bruins are also in the playoffs, and they're up 3-1 in the first round. I don't watch much hockey, but like to tune in during the playoffs. They seem to have had a good season, so let's hope they can go all the way this year.

Anyone else watching?

I also turned on the game last night and loved what I saw even without one of their main stars playing. Rask is incredible in the net, that coupled with their offense is a great combination to have a chance at winning another cup. Of course, if Bruins and Celtics are on the same night, we all know what I will be watching.

« Reply #53 on: April 21, 2018, 01:36:34 AM »

Offline SparzWizard

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 987

Anyone else watching?

Boston needs to bring back home another championship. I beg thee Bruins!

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

« Reply #54 on: April 21, 2018, 01:42:22 AM »

Offline rocknrollforyoursoul

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 323

Anyone else watching?

I've been following. The offense is awesome, and so is Rask. They have a legit shot at the Cup this season.
"There are two kinds of people: those who say to God, 'Thy will be done,' and those to whom God says, 'All right, then, have it your way.'"

"You don't have a soul. You are a Soul. You have a body."

— C.S. Lewis

« Reply #55 on: April 21, 2018, 07:13:47 PM »

Offline KGs Knee

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 1544
I'm really hoping the Bruins can wrap this up tonight, especially with Tampa Bay winning their series today.

« Reply #56 on: April 21, 2018, 10:04:31 PM »

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 789
Come on bruins

« Reply #57 on: April 21, 2018, 10:41:49 PM »

Offline jambr380

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 1755
  • Everybody knows what's best for you
Come on bruins

I only just tuned in for the 3rd period, but, geez, the Bruins are totally dominating the Leafs; Tuuka must have been REALLY bad. Only a few minutes left - sure would be nice to push this one to OT.

Edit: Oh well - let's hope for the best on Monday.
« Last Edit: April 21, 2018, 11:00:33 PM by jambr380 »

« Reply #58 on: April 21, 2018, 11:14:49 PM »

Offline KGs Knee

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 1544
Come on bruins

I only just tuned in for the 3rd period, but, geez, the Bruins are totally dominating the Leafs; Tuuka must have been REALLY bad. Only a few minutes left - sure would be nice to push this one to OT.

Edit: Oh well - let's hope for the best on Monday.

I didn't feel like Rask was really playing badly at all.  He wasn't playing great, but none of the goals Toronto scored were necessarily his fault either.

The goaltender change felt like it was more intended to send a message to the team than anything.  Boston had been playing pretty lifeless up to that point except for a few flurries here or there.  They had a lot of mental mistakes that led to Toronto's four goals.

Hopefully the Bruins come with the same type of intensity in game 6 they did in games 1, 2, 4, and the latter parts of this game.  When they play hard they're very difficult to beat.  They're not the type of team that can cruise, and play it safe while waiting for quick strike opportunities.

« Reply #59 on: April 21, 2018, 11:37:49 PM »

Offline green_bballers13

• NCE
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 320
There's a decent amount of parity at the top of the NHL. Nashville, TB, BOS, WASH, PITT, Winnipeg, and Vegas all could win it. Not like the NBA...