Author Topic: Woj on SAS  (Read 1465 times)

Woj on SAS
« on: January 23, 2018, 01:47:31 PM »

Offline PaulAllen

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 55
Just caught Woj on the Steven A Smith show and was asked what Boston might do at deadline..

To sum it up he thinks they will look for bench help.. a scorer and a big... no huge changes ... but he did name Tyrke Evans as a possibility ... short segment

Re: Woj on SAS
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2018, 01:50:04 PM »

Offline celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1386
Just caught Woj on the Steven A Smith show and was asked what Boston might do at deadline..

To sum it up he thinks they will look for bench help.. a scorer and a big... no huge changes ... but he did name Tyrke Evans as a possibility ... short segment

I feel like a lot of people will disagree with me on this, but I would trade our own first for him. It is going to be at best, the 26th pick in the draft. We will most likely have the Lakers pick and other picks upcoming and already have a ton of young players we can't get minutes for.

« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2018, 01:51:19 PM »

Offline wdleehi

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1607
  • Basketball is Newtonian Physics
My first thought when I saw the title that this was more rumors about the Spurs.

How much of that inside information and how much is it just observation of what would help the team (without costing much in future pieces)?

« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2018, 01:53:53 PM »

Offline PaulAllen

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 55

I feel like a lot of people will disagree with me on this, but I would trade our own first for him. It is going to be at best, the 26th pick in the draft. We will most likely have the Lakers pick and other picks upcoming and already have a ton of young players we can't get minutes for.

I'd agree with that even though its a rental... Clevland is fading and Toronto is not quite there so its Bostons time to step on the gas pedal... the 29th-ish pick would most likely be a stash player anyway especially with Hayward back next year ..

« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2018, 01:54:59 PM »

Online GreenEnvy

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 1031
Nah my sources on Twitter say Ainge is gonna pull the trigger on Davis AND Kawhi.

Brown/Horford/LAL for AD.

Tatum/Rozier/Morris/MEM/LAC for KL.

Banners 18-23 to follow.

But seriously, I’ll be happy with a decent big and scorer off the bench. And who knows. Maybe we get Hayward back.
CELTICS 2024

« Reply #5 on: January 23, 2018, 02:00:56 PM »

Offline mainevent

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 203
Isn't there another thread on this?
"Mosquitoes refuse to bite me....purely out of respect"

« Reply #6 on: January 23, 2018, 02:09:39 PM »

Offline sdceltsfan

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 45

I think it's a no brainer to offer that pick to secure a talent like that.

I would rather offer Memphis a player like Morris and the Celtics 2018 pick for Evans. Memphis would likely consider this because Tyreke is probably going to command a deal for much higher than they are willing to pay.

Then turn attention to Dallas and use the DPE on Noel. Dallas is out of the playoff hunt for all intensive purposes, and I think they are doing a smaller scale Okafor-job to Noel. Seems like he's been "hurt" for a lot longer than he should, and at this point, Dallas playing him is only going to allow him to inflate his contract demands. Maybe better off to clear the cap space and get some future picks and a player like Yabu in return. So, DPE, Yabu, 2nd rounder for Noel.

New depth chart is:

Kyrie/Smart/Rozier/Larkin
Brown/Tyreke/Smart/Rozier
Tatum/Tyreke/Semi/Nader
Horford/Theis/Noel
Baynes/Noel

Tyreke is capable of spot starts at the 2/3. We finally have a scoring 6th man as an option. A lot less of the Smart/Rozier sharing the floor units, that kills the offensive flow. And a pure 2nd unit lineup would still have Evans, who can legitimately create his own shot in any phase of the game.

Noel shores up the big rotation with a larger frame than Morris, who is seems to just be playing out of position for our rotations. Noel is a much more capable rebounder, and allows Horford to play his natural position for the entire game, sharing Center minutes with Baynes.

« Reply #7 on: January 23, 2018, 02:19:01 PM »

Offline tarheelsxxiii

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1389
In other words, Woj reads Celticsblog
The Tarstradamus Group, LLC

« Reply #8 on: January 23, 2018, 02:37:46 PM »

Offline playdream

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 88

No it will be buying high, you never buy when it's high

« Reply #9 on: January 23, 2018, 02:42:29 PM »

Offline celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1386

No it will be buying high, you never buy when it's high

He is a free agent in 4 months right? How high can you really buy on a rental?