Author Topic: Why is everybody in a rush to trade Yabu?  (Read 2957 times)

Re: Why is everybody in a rush to trade Yabu?
« Reply #15 on: January 23, 2018, 09:58:51 AM »

Offline CoachBo

• NCE
  • Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 336
Does anybody spend much time thinking about Yabu?

I don't.
Coined the CelticsBlog term, "Euromistake."

« Reply #16 on: January 23, 2018, 10:07:04 AM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1533
Every team in the league is going out of their way to find their own version of Draymond Green, meanwhile we have a guy who fits that description, with as high a ceiling as anyone else in that mold would have.

I think that you’re misevaluating Yabu.

Yabu probably gets mentioned in trade ideas because:

1. He’s not getting minutes, and is behind another rookie in the rotation;

2. He makes a non-minimum salary, meaning the range of players we can take back is increased;

3. He still has at least the perception of upside and has the luster of being a recent 1st rounder
this is pretty much it exactly.
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #17 on: January 24, 2018, 01:33:45 AM »

Offline sawick48

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 27
Saying I called him Draymond or even compared him favorably is quite a stretch but thus is the beauty of the internet.

I said build like, shows some similar attributes to a player like that, and is very raw and young thus his ceiling could be as high as any rookie's with teams looking to fit that mold.

Does he have a long ways to go to be even 1/4 the player Draymond Green is? There's no question.  But my point was more, we have the luxury to groom him, the coaching staff to get the most out of him, and he's shown skills (offensively anyway) that make one believe there just may be enough in him already to some day, if all goes right, mold him in that fashion.

But throwing him haphazardly into every trade is ludicrous to me all the same at this point.

« Reply #18 on: January 24, 2018, 01:55:23 AM »

Offline byennie

• Webmaster
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 3033
I usually put him in trades for salary purposes. Our roster has a hard time matching salaries because the only players that make more than Tatum ($5.6M) are Irving, Horford and Hayward.

He shouldn't make or break a big trade, we gotta match salaries somehow, we're usually not trying to deal Tatum and Brown, and you also don't want to pile in tooo many players (he makes more than Rozier, Larkin, Nader, Theis & Ojeyele).

I wouldn't just give him away, but if we're trying to make the money work for a star, yeah... he's usually in there.

« Reply #19 on: January 24, 2018, 09:00:53 AM »

Offline shake603

• Oshae Brissett
  • Tommy Points: 13
Saying I called him Draymond or even compared him favorably is quite a stretch but thus is the beauty of the internet.

I said build like, shows some similar attributes to a player like that, and is very raw and young thus his ceiling could be as high as any rookie's with teams looking to fit that mold.

Every team in the league is going out of their way to find their own version of Draymond Green, meanwhile we have a guy who fits that description, with as high a ceiling as anyone else in that mold would have.

The confusion may have been born from wording like that.

The thing is he's not in mold of Draymond, he doesn't show any of the key features that make Dray, well Dray. That's probably where folks are having a hard time with this. Had you not brought his name up at all the post would have made loads more sense.

« Reply #20 on: January 24, 2018, 09:40:04 AM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2961
no rush ...

thats not fast enough

Im going to a fire