Author Topic: Hayward Now Shooting 3s  (Read 1614 times)

Hayward Now Shooting 3s
« on: January 22, 2018, 12:41:28 PM »

Offline fairweatherfan

• Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 2365
  • Be the posts you wish to see in the world.
https://twitter.com/Timi_093/status/955368666576678913

With no jumping but still great to see. As much as we've overachieved we've still got an All-Star in our back pocket. Still wouldn't bank on him taking the court again this year but the odds are looking a bit better.

Re: Hayward Now Shooting 3s
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2018, 12:44:35 PM »

Offline Monkhouse

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 814
  • A true Celtic plays with heart.

With no jumping but still great to see. As much as we've overachieved we've still got an All-Star in our back pocket. Still wouldn't bank on him taking the court again this year but the odds are looking a bit better.

TP for the share.

I did see that video this morning on Bleacherreport, and was very happy to see that.

Hayward definitely seems like he has more and more confidence every day which is very vital. I love how Stevens has brought Hayward into the team, and made him feel apart of it.

Injuries are not only physically demanding, but also mentally taxing... It is great to see how Ainge and Co., have accommodated Hayward at every twist and turn.

I hope he comes back either later in the season, or next year, at 100% health.
"I bomb atomically, Socrates' philosophies and hypotheses
Can't define how I be dropping these mockeries."

Is the glass half-full or half-empty?
It's based on your perspective, quite simply
We're the same and we're not; know what I'm saying? Listen
Son, I ain't better than you, I just think different

« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2018, 12:59:57 PM »

Offline hodgy03038

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 440
  • Marcus Smart #1 Fan
That is unreal after that injury.  I mean in Oct 2016 I fractured my tibia and it would have been impossible to be doing what he is doing so quickly. Way to go Gordon!

« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2018, 01:00:58 PM »

Offline mef730

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 907
I'm glad that somebody on the team can hit a three...

Mike

« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2018, 01:08:00 PM »

Offline fairweatherfan

• Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 2365
  • Be the posts you wish to see in the world.

TP for the share.

I did see that video this morning on Bleacherreport, and was very happy to see that.

Hayward definitely seems like he has more and more confidence every day which is very vital. I love how Stevens has brought Hayward into the team, and made him feel apart of it.

Injuries are not only physically demanding, but also mentally taxing... It is great to see how Ainge and Co., have accommodated Hayward at every twist and turn.

I hope he comes back either later in the season, or next year, at 100% health.

Saw a thing a few days ago about how Stevens has had Hayward shoot the classic "make it and we're done, miss it and we do extra drills" end of practice free throws.  Really smart way of keeping him involved with the team.

« Reply #5 on: January 22, 2018, 01:09:38 PM »

Offline celticinorlando

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 637
  • MASTER OF PANIC
Next big thing is to see him run.

« Reply #6 on: January 22, 2018, 01:14:43 PM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1294
On a side note, note that he's doing set shots from the longest three-point distance on the arc and looks like he's shooting freaking free throws!
« Last Edit: January 22, 2018, 01:21:15 PM by kozlodoev »
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

« Reply #7 on: January 22, 2018, 02:18:21 PM »

Offline droopdog7

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 466
On a side note, note that he's doing set shots from the longest three-point distance on the arc and looks like he's shooting freaking free throws!
Just goes to show how good these guys are.  Most people have no idea.

« Reply #8 on: January 22, 2018, 02:20:49 PM »

Offline Chris22

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 460
We need to get Smart and Rozier to practice threes as well.

« Reply #9 on: January 22, 2018, 02:26:13 PM »

Offline Snakehead

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 448

Especially just putting up shots.  The great shooters, we are talking they hardly ever miss.  I saw Matt Bonner shoot at a camp and he missed like 1 or 2 out of 100 or something while he was speaking to us.
"I really don't want people to understand me." - Jordan Crawford

« Reply #10 on: January 22, 2018, 02:45:00 PM »

Offline droopdog7

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 466

Especially just putting up shots.  The great shooters, we are talking they hardly ever miss.  I saw Matt Bonner shoot at a camp and he missed like 1 or 2 out of 100 or something while he was speaking to us.
Yeah, and it's not even the greatest of the great shooters.  Any decent shooter will blow us away just standing in the same spot with no one guarding them.

« Reply #11 on: January 22, 2018, 02:46:30 PM »

Online johnnygreen

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 298

That was my exact reaction when I was watching that video.

« Reply #12 on: January 22, 2018, 02:57:36 PM »

Offline CF033

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 74

That's awesome... I had similar experiences with Dana Barros and Reggie Lewis back in the day at a basketball camp. Barros was standing a few feet behind the three and shooting while talking. Nothing but net on every single shot. Everyone was just oohing and ahhing.

« Reply #13 on: January 22, 2018, 02:59:14 PM »

Offline bdm860

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 4586

Yeah, and it's not even the greatest of the great shooters.  Any decent shooter will blow us away just standing in the same spot with no one guarding them.

I always get a kick out of when "normal" people compare themselves to NBA players.  Thinking they could play in the NBA if they were just a little taller.

Like I can play in the NBA, I can hit 4/10 three's, and 8/10 free throws (alone in my driveway).  Why can't Smart do it?  Man if I was only a little taller and/or faster I could be in the NBA too.

Not realizing that even poor shooters like Smart hit probably 80+% of their shots when working out alone.

Here's Smart casually hitting 4/7 threes from 40ft out!, or Smart missing once during shooting drillsEven Dwight Howard can reign 3's in practice!

After 18 months with their Bigs, the Littles were: 46% less likely to use illegal drugs, 27% less likely to use alcohol, 52% less likely to skip school, 37% less likely to skip a class

« Reply #14 on: January 23, 2018, 09:23:29 PM »

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 789