Author Topic: Grade each Celtics player for their performance so far this season  (Read 3462 times)

Re: Grade each Celtics player for their performance so far this season
« Reply #30 on: January 22, 2018, 10:13:57 PM »

Offline Kevins Gamble

• Joe Mazzulla
  • Tommy Points: 21
Based on what I expected to see this year (with "C" matching my preseason expectations):

Irving = A-
Brown = B+
Tatum = A-
Horford = B-
Baynes = B

Hayward = B (that one fall away jump shot in Cleveland was fantastic...)
Smart = C-
Morris = C+
Rozier = C+
Theis = B+
Larkin = B-
Semi = C
Yabu = D+
Nader = C (I didn't expect him to have any impact)
"AAAAAHAHAAAAHHAAA....take that with your beard....AAAAHHHHAAHHHAAHHAAH..YAAAHHHAHAHAH!!!"
- Cedric Maxwell, Esq

« Reply #31 on: February 01, 2018, 12:02:41 AM »

Offline trickybilly

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 618
Curious to go back and see how people are viewing Theis.

Has that dude earned more of Baynes' minutes yet? He is so active, and versatile.
"Gimme the ball, gimme the ball". Freddy Quimby, 1994.

« Reply #32 on: February 01, 2018, 02:21:54 AM »

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 789

Has that dude earned more of Baynes' minutes yet? He is so active, and versatile.
I get so excited when I see theis do those putback dunks or when he finally makes a 3. His form is nice, I'm surprised his 3 hasn't been consistent but I expect him to eventually get it rolling in

« Reply #33 on: February 01, 2018, 02:26:02 AM »

Offline trickybilly

• Rajon Rondo

I get so excited when I see theis do those putback dunks or when he finally makes a 3. His form is nice, I'm surprised his 3 hasn't been consistent but I expect him to eventually get it rolling in

His threeball isn't that bad already!

If I was going to criticize him it's that he sometimes a) gets lost on offensive sets every now and then, and b) helps too late: although that might be a Brad thing..

« Reply #34 on: February 01, 2018, 04:12:11 AM »

Offline GreenEnvy

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 1031
Kyrie: A
Brown: B
Tatum: A-
Horford: A-
Baynes: B

Smart: C+
Morris: B
Theis: B+
Rozier: B
Larkin:B-
Semi: C-
Yabu: D
Nader: D
Allen: D
Bird: D
Eddie: D
Hayward: INC

Brad: A+

Ainge: INC  ;)

This was a combo of expectations and overall performance.
CELTICS 2024

« Reply #35 on: February 01, 2018, 07:12:48 AM »

Offline trickybilly

• Rajon Rondo
Giving anyone on this team a "C" seems ridiculous. I am being generous to the rookies due to their relative expectations.

Kyrie: A
Horford: A
Jaylen: A
Tatum: A+
Baynes: B

Smart: B
Morris: A
Theis: A+
Rozier: A-
Larkin: A
Nader: B-
Semi: B

« Reply #36 on: February 01, 2018, 10:35:06 AM »

Offline chiken Green

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 75
Irving = A - we have a good team but he is the only reason we are even considered as a real threat...His offense is amazing but he still leaves room for others to shine...
Brown = B+ - Better free-throw shooting would have him in the A - A+ area easy...
Tatum = A - Has been outstanding on Defense... He is fighting through the Rookie wall... This guy has special written all over him. Just think, his three-point shot was developed AFTER his college season before the Draft... Imagine him with a full offseason to improve... Yikes...  His ballhandling for a man his size is special and his playing pace is that of a Vet... Special, special, special.
Horford = A - This guy is everything to this team.. Not just the Glue but the whole glue gun (and the horse you get the glue from)
Baynes = B Rock solid

Smart = B  Reliable back up point guard, the master of the intangibles, the guy you want on the court at the end of a Tight game... (can't see how he gets anything under a B) The guy is all about winning and all the ugly stuff that comes with it.
Morris = B- - He can create his own shot. I feel like we are just scratching the surface of what he can bring.
Rozier = B - His improvement has been monumental... His attack mentality with the Second unit is what we need.. He just has to stay at it... He is streaky but clutch. His Defense has been good and his rebounding is elite.. (and he just got a triple-double in his first ever start)  The kid can play... He just needs time.. You can already see how Kyrie is rubbing off on him.
Theis = B+ He is what he was in Germany.. A good defensive player who can rebound and block shots...  His 3 point shot is starting to fall a little bit now... Very springy and plays with a ton of energy...  Danny Stole one with this guy.
Larkin = A - I don't see how anybody can give him anything less than a B... The guy, when called on, has done nothing but deliver on both sides of the ball... He is an absolute pest on defense and hits timely buckets... He always provides a spark when he comes in..
Semi = C - Struggling with his shot right now but his defense has been really good. Nice feet... I think his career for us will be in line with Avery Bradleys...
Yabu = Inc.. He is in a tough spot... so many bigs in front of him... When he comes in he literally can't even sneeze wrong without being pulled. I hope we keep him, I think he can play but just not this year... wouldn't be surprised if he's moved but I really hope he isn't.
Nader = C - I thought this guy was a bum but man he has something. Very steady Eddie in his approach. I think I like that he isn't afraid to shoot it...I think he has a chance. He has range, good lateral quickness on defense, plays with energy and can get to the basket... Light years ahead of James Young when he played for us.