Author Topic: Gerald Green is averaging 15.6 pts, 3.2 rb  (Read 2426 times)

Gerald Green is averaging 15.6 pts, 3.2 rb
« on: January 21, 2018, 10:03:28 PM »

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 789
In 26 minutes and is an important piece of the league best rockets who just beat the warriors
http://Http://m.espn.com/nba/playercard?playerId=2761&src=desktop

We chose nader over him. Why didn't we grab green the second we knew Hayward was out? I don't get it... I'd be happy with even half of the production of green right now...
« Last Edit: January 21, 2018, 10:10:09 PM by CelticsElite »

Re: Gerald Green is averaging 15.6 pts, 3.2 rb
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2018, 10:11:53 PM »

Offline tazzmaniac

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 549
Nobody else chose Green either until the Rockets picked him up a couple weeks ago.  Why we gave Nader a contact is beyond me.  He must have some pictures of Ainge in a Lakers jersey. 

« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2018, 10:27:27 PM »

Offline hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2661
  • bammokja
The OP may find answers to his/her questions in the earlier green thread.
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva

« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2018, 10:13:38 AM »

Offline spikelovetheCelts

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 113
  • Peace it's a board. We all will never agree.
DNP last night. No respect for GG.
"People look at players, watch them dribble between their legs and they say, 'There's a superstar.'  Well John Havlicek is a superstar, and most of the others are figments of writers' imagination."
--Jerry West, on John Havlicek

« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2018, 10:16:10 AM »

Offline GetLucky

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 349

He was serving a suspension.

« Reply #5 on: January 23, 2018, 11:30:34 AM »

Offline jambr380

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 1756
  • Everybody knows what's best for you
Still baffling to me. He wins 'teammate of the year' for the Cs last year and then when we desperately need a player like him this year, we sit on an open roster spot and also hold on to Nader.

I don't think anybody anticipated Green producing like this (obviously), but we already knew he was a good fit here. I can't imagine what the reasoning might be.

« Reply #6 on: January 23, 2018, 11:43:11 AM »

Offline spikelovetheCelts

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 113
  • Peace it's a board. We all will never agree.
"People look at players, watch them dribble between their legs and they say, 'There's a superstar.'  Well John Havlicek is a superstar, and most of the others are figments of writers' imagination."
--Jerry West, on John Havlicek

« Reply #7 on: January 23, 2018, 11:46:54 AM »

Offline hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2700
Still baffling to me. He wins 'teammate of the year' for the Cs last year and then when we desperately need a player like him this year, we sit on an open roster spot and also hold on to Nader.

I don't think anybody anticipated Green producing like this (obviously), but we already knew he was a good fit here. I can't imagine what the reasoning might be.

He would likely have required fully giving up our remaining roster spot for the rest of the season, which I think we are keeping flexibly open to land someone who fits a bigger need by the buyout deadline

« Reply #8 on: January 23, 2018, 11:52:18 AM »

Offline jambr380

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 1756
  • Everybody knows what's best for you

He would likely have required fully giving up our remaining roster spot for the rest of the season, which I think we are keeping flexibly open to land someone who fits a bigger need by the buyout deadline

Oh, I totally get that he would have taken the 15th roster spot, but is Nader so indispensable that we couldn't have waived him to sign a guy with the DPE? Seriously, Nader is the reason we don't currently have a versatile veteran scorer who gets along well with teammates and accepts any role given to him. This wasn't some big secret either - many of us have been screaming Green's name all year.

« Reply #9 on: January 23, 2018, 11:56:11 AM »

Offline KGs Knee

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 1544

What bigger need? Our biggest need has been bench scoring since opening night.

Maybe Green would have just been the same as last season. Maybe he would have been. A better fit with this year's team. Who knows.

But bringing him on at the minimum wouldn't have precluded us from waiving him and signing someone else if Ainge saw someone he liked more.

« Reply #10 on: January 23, 2018, 12:01:09 PM »

Offline rondofan1255

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 527

He was serving a suspension.

He sat out Thursday vs. MIN and Saturday vs. GS for the suspension. He was available yesterday.

« Reply #11 on: January 23, 2018, 12:10:34 PM »

Offline CoachBo

• NCE
  • Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 336
Is he guarding anyone?

He tends to treat defense as an irritant.
Coined the CelticsBlog term, "Euromistake."

« Reply #12 on: January 23, 2018, 12:25:22 PM »

Offline LilRip

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 391
Is he guarding anyone?

Nader tries but constantly gets burned anyway. I don’t know what’s worse: a guy who doesn’t put in the effort consistently, or a guy who “tries” but is terrible regardless.

- LilRip

« Reply #13 on: January 23, 2018, 01:13:03 PM »

Offline Diggles

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 46
In 26 minutes and is an important piece of the league best rockets who just beat the warriors
http://Http://m.espn.com/nba/playercard?playerId=2761&src=desktop

We chose nader over him. Why didn't we grab green the second we knew Hayward was out? I don't get it... I'd be happy with even half of the production of green right now...

Logically speaking.....   The reason was to give Brown and Tatum more minutes.   
Diggles

« Reply #14 on: January 23, 2018, 01:58:09 PM »

Offline GreenEnvy

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 1031
Is he guarding anyone?

Does anyone in Houston defend? He’s on the perfect team.
CELTICS 2024