Author Topic: Calm Down Guys. Cleveland Still (Unfortunately) Makes It Out Of The East  (Read 9047 times)

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2961
Lebron is that you on Celtics blog .   

Offline Chris22

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 460
Cleveland can't defend.
And as a side note, I am so tired of watching Lebron take three and four steps without dribbling.
Today, he took a pass at the top of the key and ran to the basket and dunked WITHOUT DRIBBLING, and nothing was called.

NBA is FANtastic. Give the fans what they want. Pure basketball with palming and travelling violations strictly enforced will be so boring

Wrong. It would much more interesting if the game is called fairly.

Offline vjcsmoke

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 182
You need to calm your tits!

We are enjoying watching Cleveland self implode during the regular season.

Maybe they can make a move to improve before the deadline and clean up their hot mess.  But their level of dysfunction right now is equivalent to the mayor of your city getting caught red handed with cocaine and a dead hooker in a police sting.

So right now, I know you're enjoying playing Nostradamus, but nothing points to a positive outcome for Cleveland as affairs currently stand.  Shut up and enjoy the collapse of Cleveland.  Maybe the fix their Edited.  Profanity and masked profanity are against forum rules and may result in discipline., but I much prefer to enjoy their misery than some rosy prediction for Cleveland based on nothing but optimism so far.

Offline DefenseWinsChamps

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 766
Pst. Raptors are coming back down to earth after their hot stretch -- 6-4 over the past 10.

We have the best player on the court in that series. We probably have the 3rd best player on the court and the 4-8th best player on the court in that series, too.

Offline Ogaju

• Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1871
Cleveland can't defend.
And as a side note, I am so tired of watching Lebron take three and four steps without dribbling.
Today, he took a pass at the top of the key and ran to the basket and dunked WITHOUT DRIBBLING, and nothing was called.

NBA is FANtastic. Give the fans what they want. Pure basketball with palming and travelling violations strictly enforced will be so boring

my post has nothing to do with calling the game the same both ways. My point is the strict rules of basketball will probably render the NBA unwatchable.

Offline blink

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1469
The best thing that happened for Cleveland was 5 minutes into the season.

TP.  GH probably gives us at least 4-5 more wins on the season wouldn't you say? 

Cleveland is not making the finals this year.  I am not even sure that they make the ECF.

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
I too, think that they are the favorites to make it out of the East.   I hate the Cavs but they have LeBron and they play playoff basketball very well and have been known to turn it on.  That being said, no one probably like seeing them do poorly than me, because I am a Celtic fan in Ohio.  But I think until we beat them in the post season, we are the underdogs.   

We have the best player on the court in that series. We probably have the 3rd best player on the court and the 4-8th best player on the court in that series, too.

You think that LeBron is second to any player we have, I dislike LeBron and even I do not think that.

I hope you guys are right but you may be serving yourself up a big plate of crow.

Offline apc

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 437
I think it will be the Raptors.
We need more experience .

Offline KGs Knee

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 1544
I too, think that they are the favorites to make it out of the East.   I hate the Cavs but they have LeBron and they play playoff basketball very well and have been known to turn it on.  That being said, no one probably like seeing them do poorly than me, because I am a Celtic fan in Ohio.  But I think until we beat them in the post season, we are the underdogs.   

You think that LeBron is second to any player we have, I dislike LeBron and even I do not think that.

I hope you guys are right but you may be serving yourself up a big plate of crow.

I'm pretty sure the poster was insinuating we'd have the best player vs Toronto, not Cleveland.

But even that is arguable, as DeRozan is really having a fantastic season. That said, I think we'd wipe the floor with the Raptors. That team always plays worse in the playoffs.

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25636
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
Lebron will go one of two ways: he’ll either go into Superman mode, expending a ton of energy to get the Cavs into the Finals, or he’ll sleepwalk through the ECF, putting up good numbers in a losing effort because he knows he can’t win a title.

He’s done both before. I think he puts the team on his back and gives Cleveland one last Finals push.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

Offline jambr380

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 1756
  • Everybody knows what's best for you
I don't think Hayward is being talked about nearly enough in this thread. Am I the only one who is confident he is going to come back this season? Danny, Brad, and Gordon have been quick to temper expectations, but all has gone extremely well with his recovery so far and there is no reason that can not continue.

We also have the DPE (with which Danny is being very particular). Not only do we have the option to trade for a player making under $8.4M, but we can outbid any other team on the best buy-out candidate...and there will be several as one or two teams will want to separate themselves from the bottom of the pack.

Cleveland could always make a huge trade to bolster their team, but remember they already signed Wade, Green, and Rose to vet minimum deals and they still stink. I agree with the poster that said they have no chemistry - that really is the only explanation.

Offline Chris22

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 460
Cleveland can't defend.

my post has nothing to do with calling the game the same both ways. My point is the strict rules of basketball will probably render the NBA unwatchable.

Ridiculous assertion. Not allowing star players to take three or four steps without dribbling is not strict.
Watch this video of Lebron taking seven steps with one dribble.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NGsl36MnOqY
« Last Edit: January 21, 2018, 08:40:04 AM by Chris22 »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2961
Lebron will play hard long as the odds are close to favorable .  Cavs are playing hard , games are close , they don't fall behind too many games .  If they get beat pretty bad in playoffs in first two games .   He takes his cape off and goes though the motions to finish the season and get out of town .  His superman appearances are  less and less frequent these days .

Im just convinced from the picture of his wife and him checking out high schools in LA , is a sign they have one leg on the plane. 

after watching the Rockets GS game last night , Lebron would be lucky to bet past Raptors , Boston or Washington .   IT was just standing and watching his man sail to the rim against OKC .  If he can't stand in and take a charge or at least jump up and grab the opponents .  He ismjust all but worthless on the defensive end .  Lebron can t make up for two players on defense for a whole game like he used to.

Offline mctyson

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 372
Now, I still think their defense overall is a little worse than last year's, but as long as Isaiah gives them about 23-25 PPG, Love keeps it up as a "walking double-double" and Lebron intensifies his defense, they should be fine.

I think we have to admit that it is likely IT will not put up the production that he did for 2 years here (certainly not last year).

Offline PAOBoston

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 533
CLE feels like they have no chemistry. I think they will still be a tough out regardless as long as they have Lebron. But that defense though....such a disaster right now.