Author Topic: Trade proposal: mega blow up for Charlotte Hornets  (Read 1547 times)

Trade proposal: mega blow up for Charlotte Hornets
« on: January 20, 2018, 07:20:23 PM »

Offline RodyTur10

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 291
  • Always offline from 9pm till 3am
If you're willing to trade your (by far) best player, you might as well go for a full blow up. So this is a trade proposal where Charlotte tries to get as much picks and young talent they can extract by filling other team's needs. Here under a full overview and reasons why it benefits the involved franchises. Let me know what you think about it. Took a lot of work to get this working on the trading machine http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=yc6usl8u.

Charlotte Hornets

In: Ntilikina, W.Hernangomez, Smith, Shumpert, S.Hill, L.Thomas, Asik, Noah, ’18 Brooklyn 1st, ’18 New York 1st (top 3 protected), ’18 Chicago 2nd, ’19 New Orleans 1st, ’20 Miami 2nd

Out: Walker, Lamb, Batum, Kidd-Gilchrist, Howard, O’Bryant

Positives: Get some young talents with Ntilikina and Hernangomez, as well as a couple of first round picks. And with the worst roster in the league their own picks also jump in value.
Negatives: By obtaining so many bad contracts there's not much cap relief. Probably best to arrange a few buy outs (like Noah)? Rebuilding will take some years (but a lot of cap space clears up in 2020).

Rotation: Ntilikina/Carter-Williams/Stone - Monk/Bacon/Smith/Graham - Hill/Shumpert/Thomas - Williams/Kaminsky - Zeller/Hernangomez/Asik

Cleveland Cavaliers

In: Holiday, Hardaway, Howard, T.Allen, O’Bryant
Out: I.Thomas, Crowder, T.Thompson, Smith, Shumpert, ’18 Brooklyn 1st, ’20 Miami 2nd

Positives: Getting rid of all the long term bad contracts and a few players who don't fit on the team. Having starting guard(s) and a center who can have a major positive effect defensively. 
Negatives: Losing all the pieces that were acquired with the Irving trade (besides Zizic).

Rotation: Holiday/Rose/Calderon - Hardaway/Wade/Osman - James/Korver/Allen - Love/Green/O'Bryant - Howard/Frye/Zizic

New York Knicks

In: Walker, Batum, Kidd-Gilchrist
Out: Ntilikina, Hardaway, W.Hernangomez, L.Thomas, Noah, ’18 New York 1st (top 3 protected), ’18 Chicago 2nd

Positives: An All Star PG can lift the team into the playoffs. Instead of having a useless big contract with Noah it's better to have some highly paid players who can contribute from Charlotte.
Negatives: Losing a promising guard with Ntilikina and a first round draft pick.

Rotation: Walker/Jack/Burke - Batum/Lee/Baker - Kidd-Gilchrist/McDermott/Dotson - Porzingis/Beasley - Kanter/O'Quinn

New Orleans Pelicans

In: I.Thomas, Crowder, Lamb, T.Thompson
Out: Holiday, S.Hill, Asik, T.Allen, ’19 New Orleans 1st

Positives: Getting rid of the bad or expensive contracts from Holiday, Hill and Asik, which could enable them to resign Thomas and Cousins. Also finally having a reasonable SF with Crowder.
Negatives: Losing a valuable player with Holiday and a first rounder that might have a lot of variance.

Rotation: Thomas/Rondo/Nelson/Jackson - Lamb/Moore - Crowder/Clark/Cunningham - Davis/Miller/Diallo - Cousins/Thompson/Ajinca

Re: Trade proposal: mega blow up for Charlotte Hornets
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2018, 07:27:17 PM »

Offline KGs Knee

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 1544
Well, that'd probably be the largest trade in the history of the NBA.

2o players!

« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2018, 07:32:00 PM »

Offline tazzmaniac

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 549
Well, that'd probably be the largest trade in the history of the NBA.

2o players!
Largest is 13 players in the Antoine to Miami trade. 

« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2018, 08:18:20 AM »

Offline osterhagen

• Xavier Tillman
  • Tommy Points: 5
So Cleveland gives BKN pick which they value a lot for 3 old players on very long contracts?

From boston perspective this is amazing. No way Cleveland does that when they can get Jordan for BKN pick.

NO cant play Rondo and Thomas on the floor at the same time.

« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2018, 01:21:35 PM »

Offline RodyTur10

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 291
  • Always offline from 9pm till 3am
So Cleveland gives BKN pick which they value a lot for 3 old players on very long contracts?

Holiday and Hardaway aren't old, and Howard's contract only lasts till next season. I think they fit really well with James and they improve the defense a lot. And they're huge upgrades over Smith, Shumpert and Thompson. I think the BKN pick is a fair price. I.m.o. Cleveland should take a shot at the title. Even if they keep the pick I think it's unlikely that they'll be in a better position to contend anytime in the next decade.

From Boston perspective this is amazing. No way Cleveland does that when they can get Jordan for BKN pick.

There isn't that big a difference between Howard and Jordan. Howard is still a elite rebounder and good rim protector. 

NO cant play Rondo and Thomas on the floor at the same time.

Thomas is not the starting PG Cleveland is looking for and his ego is to big to accept a bench role, they will lose him after this season so it's a lot better for Cleveland to have Holiday. But I understand your point about Rondo and Thomas. Would Orlando be a good destination for Thomas?